MarkusSweden

Where is the world heading? :(

48 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2018 at 10:17 PM, XYZ said:

@Robert

Okay, let's talk about pathological altruism, just for the sake of exploring the issue further. Don't get hung up on the semantics of defining it, how I'd best explain it using my own words is engaging in action that feels like being compassionate, selfless and helping people, but is actually harmful to both the altruist and the people they mean to help. Should have done this originally instead of just appealing to authority. Recently came across this video which reminded me of the term. Don't mean to keep picking on Sweden (or that I believe everything Paul Joseph Watson says), but it is a very good example:

Now that I think about it, this is actually very relevant to religious celibacy. Requiring Catholic priests to commit to a life of celibacy is intended to be dedication to selflessness, to purity, to serving God. The news of just how prevalent the sexual abuse has been really suggests that all these abusers were doing is sexual repression. Now I'm a big fan of voluntary celibacy for men, if it is done by choice and they know how to transmute their sexual energy from base urges, or just deal with it using the conventional age old way by masturbating. Problem is if that sexual urges are there and just kept repressed, they will keep festering, and maybe manifest as paedophilia and rape. They were more concerned with keeping up the illusion of celibacy, for if they admitted to themselves they had sexual feelings they would feel un-holy, and if anyone found out it would be disgraceful to the church, and they would be removed.

The antidote to pathological altruism is to always look at the big picture, and re-evaluate old paradigms and procedures that may be doing more harm than good. My assumption would be that the Catholic Church and other religious and spiritual organizations will more away from mandatory celibacy more and more. European countries overrun with violent refugees, and West Coast urban centers overrun with homeless people are already experiencing popular backlash for the pathological altruism which created these problems. Can actually credit Donald Trump for increasing global awareness of this harmful altruism bias, even if it's between a slew of other inane shitpostings on Twitter. 

Yes, I do feel that the world is waking up, realizing that you can't help everyone, and very few people even know how to be genuinely altruistic. Often the best policy is live and let live, and I don't have any magic bullets to address the harm already caused. "Live and let live," there it is! No need to feel anger and disgust, even if the world's problems creep into my everyday life more and more, it's no big deal, life goes on, live and let live. Life purpose is something I feel much deeper, really beyond words, never reduced to a clear-cut "do X accomplish Y" credo. 

That's all I have to say about that and hopefully refined my perspective and made more sense this time.

Nothing you said here is a reason to not have a life purpose. All you're doing is making excuses.

Unless you're psychic, you cannot see the future. Therefore, you cannot ensure that any action you take produces the exact results you want.

Your ego wants attachment to outcome, but deep down you know attachment to outcome is unwise.

The best thing you can do is take heroic action and embrace whatever results come from that no matter what they are. All that matters is that you tried.

Learn to follow your heart. I don't think the heart can ever be wrong.

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

@XYZ And life purpose is not beyond words. Leo did a 25+hour course talking about it. Check it out.

@Robert

Thank you for your reply

My sense of purpose has become a lot more clear over the past several weeks, including things learned about myself in this thread. If I were to try to describe a summary of my life purpose, bring it to the surface using words in the simplest terms, stated in the positive-affirmative, it would be: "keep pushing the limits of human potential." This goes back to what I said before about how this life purpose is a further evolution of feeling at one with the human community and wanting to heal the planet, and that this sense of purpose is shared with many others who've ultimately reached the same conclusion. 

There is lots more for me to contemplate about this purpose, and work on deriving actionable personal goals from it. There are some books I have but didn't read yet, videos bookmarked, and people in my life I can talk to about this now that it is more clear than ever. Right now a personal goal I am recently making good progress on is spending less and less time sitting at the computer, so later on, when that is even more minimized and I am more disciplined with technology use, would definitely consider the life purpose course. Ideally I would find these 3 things. An actionable plan that is aligned with my highest purpose, the agency to overcome external limitations to make it happen, and making a comfortable income while engaged with it. Does that sound like what the life purpose course is all about?

On 8/23/2018 at 9:39 PM, XYZ said:

Right now a personal goal I am recently making good progress on is spending less and less time sitting at the computer, so later on, when that is even more minimized and I am more disciplined with technology use, would definitely consider the life purpose course. Ideally I would find these 3 things. An actionable plan that is aligned with my highest purpose, the agency to overcome external limitations to make it happen, and making a comfortable income while engaged with it. Does that sound like what the life purpose course is all about?

Read this: https://www.actualized.org/life-purpose-course

Unconditional, unlimited, and boundless love; because that is who we are, and no matter how deep the darkness is this light of unconditional love never goes out.

We are the light.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

ASCENSION BOYYYYYYYYY
I didnt even read the post I apologise deeply, but I just had to say that :D

ASCENSION is coming boys and girls, buckle up its gonna be a ride. 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.