Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AuthenticMeli

Believing in Something That Seems To Have No Future

1 post in this topic

Hello dear people,

I am in a very hard phase in my life. I have my first relationship. And now things start to get really hard because everyone is starting to doubt that there is a future for the relationship, not because we do not want to but because there are some external factors that might lead to and end. I am totally aware of that but I still want to believe that there is a future until we will not be together anymore... I understand that people tell me that this is naive and stupid. But I think maybe this has to happen... I have to find it out by myself, I have to experience it. And yet...the fear of the unknown is there...maybe we were wrong. 

All I want to know if there is a future for us... but this is sick. I cannot know that and I sure do not want to fall into a self-fulfilling prophecy... and then I think to myself.. I should enjoy every last moment with that person. But people think that this is too crazy, my whole future will be destroyed (note that my family is religious). 

I think I desperately try to do both and end up feeling miserable.. on one hand I feel like yea.. I can totally wait until that future comes and proves wrong at the same time I think there might not even be a future for us so I could use the present time to see them. 

Do you think I should wait patiently and try to believe that there is a future? Should I take the risk? Maybe I will never be able to even say good bye like I want to.. I would have to leave and live on. I think in this way I will keep all the best memories and hope that there will be more.

Other way around I would feel scared, desperate and totally needy and everyone else is super angry at me. 

I would love to hear some word from you since I feel so damn confused and sad about all this. 

-Peace and Love