CreamCat

Do animals lack ego?

15 posts in this topic

I heard that some primate species cannot recognize themselves in mirrors. They don't know the concept of ego.

Cats attack themselves in mirrors because cats recognize their own images in mirrors as an enemy.

Perhaps, cats have ego, too.

was listneing to Rupert Spira yesterday... dont know how he knows or if he was using an analogy but he said fishes do not know they exist or if they have ego... something like that... 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

7 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

was listneing to Rupert Spira yesterday... dont know how he knows or if he was using an analogy but he said fishes do not know they exist or if they have ego... something like that... 

well, imagine a goldfish, which is said to have a memory span of anywhere from 3 seconds to a couple of months (the jury seems to still be out). Even if it were able to form some kind of rudimentary ego in that time, it's easy to think they don't have much sense of self. 

@the_end_of_me hmmmm

that's true actually. i have heard of that. really a 3 second memory... 

i guess even if it did have an ego, if it was dying and reborn after 3 second gap. it's as good as no-ego lol

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

chimpanzees and dolphins are capable of knowing that it's them on the mirror. they start to behave silly and enjoy watching themselves.

chimpanzees also start exploring some part of their bodies and doing interesting stuff like cleaning their teeth.

unborn Truth

Yeah chimpanzee really seem to have somewhat of a psyche. 

Edited by Jack River

7 hours ago, SoonHei said:

amazing

that's ego right there.

Damn.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@CreamCat There is only one ego in existence.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

DO ANIMALS HAVE EGO?

Yes, animals have Ego.  All Complex Adaptive Systems have Ego, which includes but is not limited to all living organisms.  Animals lack the ability to transcend the 'Paradigm of Self'.  So, animals identify with their Ego 100%.  Animals can't watch their Ego from a corner of their consciousness like we can.  There's no separation between 'me' and 'Ego' with animals.  Humans can realize that 'Ego' is not 'me', which sets the path for Enlightenment.  It's the identification of the Ego with the Self that causes unenlightened beings.  Once you transcend the Paradigm of Self, it's not that you lose Ego -- its just that Ego becomes just another part of experience.  You're not identifying with 'Ego' as 'me'.  That's what Enlightenment is, and everything that entails.  Enlightenment is actually the transcendence of all Paradigms, but I want to keep this post simple.  The elephant in the room with Enlightenment is the transcendence of the Paradigm of Self, no doubt.  But technically speaking, Enlightenment is the transcendence of all Paradigms, including but not limited to the 'Paradigm of Self Or No Self'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_adaptive_system

Edited by Joseph Maynor

We cant know because were not them. All you can know is the limited bubble that you are. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!