Miguel Oliveira

Emotional processing, thoughts and opinions

8 posts in this topic

Hy people!

Just had the experience that I was trying to get for a long time.

I had extreme OCD and depression since 12 but over the years and with the help of some therapists that starting to not be so severe. 

But that was just me repressing the feelings and emotions and now my "emotional" body is full of blockages that changed the person that I was. From extroverted to a guy that has problems to talk to old ladies.

But enough of that :)

I start to search about ways to change this and things like shadow work, bioenergetics, EFT Tapping and many other came before my eyes. One thing that I struggle and I think that by itself is a blockage is that I feel that for me nothing gonna work.

I start meditating a year ago but was very shallow, now with more experience I see that that thought and feeling that nothing's gonna work is just an illusion.

But getting to the point. Today I decidided to do some shadow work (focusing on feelings and breathing) and the thing that I always wanted happened. I started to feel the emotions (the thing that I believed I never gonna feel cause nothing works for me) and tightness in my body (above the belly button and below the chest) started to appear and I started to vibrate and I just wanted to let it all out, screaming and that.

One thing is that I live on a city and with friends at home and I feel a little self concious from doing this and they hearing.

What you guys suggest from me to express and let out this when they are at home? 

Please share here your work on processing emotions and doing this "work"

Thanks for everything :)

6 minutes ago, Miguel Oliveira said:

What you guys suggest from me to express and let out this when they are at home? 

@Miguel Oliveira If I understand the question correctly- let it speak for itself.:)

Be mindful. Pick a time old day where you will disturb others the least. Go somewhere private. Scream into a pillow. Cry in the shower. Etc.

3 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Miguel Oliveira If I understand the question correctly- let it speak for itself.:)

Yeah.

Like I want to let it all out let's say by screaming, I'm gonna feel a little self counscious about they listening and them they gonna ask questions and all that shit.

Here we don't have like forest to go there and scream alone. Is just apartments with people eheh

@Miguel Oliveira I don't know what how close your relationship is with these people but would they understand if you explained it to them. Everybody carries some baggage that needs to be faced. Maybe they should think about joining you.

@Miguel Oliveira You don't really have to scream in order to let go. Letting go is a skill on a par with and complementary to meditation, yoga, self inquiry and so on. All you need to let go is discrimination. So, as you feel heavy energy, ask yourself why (self inquiry). Write down the answer. Keep asking yourself why until you get to the very root belief. Contemplate if that's true or false from a higher perspective. If you can see whatever as false, you're as good as done on that point (let go, release, clear). 

Alternatively try belly laughing :)

@Miguel Oliveira Shamanic/holotropic breathing has been the most effective bodywork for me. It has revealed and released body memories and blockages/tension.

8 hours ago, Miguel Oliveira said:

One thing is that I live on a city and with friends at home and I feel a little self concious from doing this and they hearing.

I wouldn't do it but is that the right thing for you to do? We learn early to listen to others opinions and learn little about finding what feels right for us.

Find the answer within yourself.