Lorcan

Is David Goggins Happy?

4 posts in this topic

If any of you have seen him in Podcast video, or in videos of some motivational channel. You will know more what I am talking about,

If he is not lying. Which I do not think he is. This person has endured incredible suffering. He is inflicted a lot of suffering in the form of psychical pain upon himself through exercise to complete a task, for the sake of getting better. He still seems to being going at it, I am not sure how how he pushes himself, but I can only imagine day after day of beast mode.

He is an inspiration sure, but inflicting as much suffering in the form of psychical pain day after day as he does. Is it worth it? Is this any way to live?

In Leo's video on happiness. Leo put's exercise in the "Mid Tier" types of happiness. Goggins does not exercise to look more attractive. He exercises simply for the sake of getting better. He particularly seems to do a lot of exercise of the endurance type. In the video there you can get an idea of his mentality. An endless grind that never stops. ( Do not just believe me, have a look through some videos of him if you like)

I wonder if he is actually happy, or is he constantly stressed that he must get better and better and better. If it does work, would it not be a rather inefficient method of maintaining a happy state? 

Sure he has his rest-days, but I cant imagine what it would like to be in beast mode 90% of the time. Is it miserable, or is it an enjoyable way to live?

3 hours ago, K VIL said:

Is Curtis Mayfield happy?

I do not know. I have not seen any videos about him.

I want to know what you think about his mentality, and is it a healthy one?

Edited by Lorcan

happier than the average person. high self esteem and mental stability

Edited by thehero

11 hours ago, K VIL said:

@Lorcan he answers your question on joe rogan about happiness

he kinda evades the question :P

maybe he prefers discipline to happiness

Yeah. I watched it. I can't remember but I think he is asked he just sort of goes on about he does not talk about getting through the happy times because that is easy.

Does that mean he thinks times of suffering have to be the majority of the time and that time when suffering is mostly unavoidable? I don't, maybe that is the price to pay for maintaining high-levels of willpower and self discipline. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯