MarkusSweden

Bringing God into the mundane life of ordinary people(The masses).

8 posts in this topic

I remember one video session with Adyashanti, a Q&A session. 

One guy told Adyashanti that he was a musician and that he was enlightened or very close to it, he had Gods presence in his awareness, love in his heart, happiness in his being and huge compassion for humanity and their suffering. 

He wanted to do something for humanity, something that let humans in society to experience the same peaceful awareness that he himself experienced.

He decided to write and produce music compositions with non-dual insights/feelings to them. A godly type of music in order to evolve human souls and uplift them to a state of awareness where suffering no longer exist.

But unfortunately, even though he had such good intentions, his project failed badly, and he ended up as a mental case. He almost laughed when he told Adyashanti because it was so bizarre, he was so calm, happy and relaxed with such good intentions. Despite all that, he was smashed and crushed in the process of bringing God to the human mundane life. He didn't see that coming.

What surprised me most was the response from Adyashanti, he wasn't surprised at all by the man's story, Adyashanti just simply responded: "Of course, you can't bring God to the society and everyday world, that will always fail" 

I was shocked and depressed by both the man's story and Adyashanti's answer. Why is it impossible to transform a civilisation and societies into loving consciousness, something closer to enlightenment? 

You guys at Actualized.org have a good answer to that?

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

I asked faceless that myself. He said because we think abstractly. We are not willing to take responsibility for ourselves. We say we are going to bring god to man but we don’t have an actual relationship ourselves. And in that we divide everything up. We don’t see that we are society and society is us. The inward and the outward are the same. And then we refused to have a relationship with the fact. We see through the eye of division. This causes fragmentation. So we cannot solve such large relationship problems. I think thats right dudes. 

Look at it like this. Most ordinary people wouldn't look for a video by Adyashanti, even though he speaks directly from non-dual understanding. That's his form of art. It's the exact same thing for music. There's artists out there that write from higher states of being, but the masses won't be able to hear it. They're in a completely different frequency, and so their music won't resonate with them at all.

As a musician it's something I've been contemplating a lot. I too feel the desire to evolve humanity through music and art. But it's naive to think our ego driven society wants exactly that. If you really want to bring God to the masses, you have to package it in a certain way so that people may actually bite. Almost like a magic trick, you fool the listener into being. To me, the real art isn't the artwork itself. It's the persuasion of an audience into a higher frequency without them ever noticing it. I think that's the purpose of art in the modern world.

Otherwise, it's impossible. Writing music from a higher state of being for ego's isn't just gonna catch on like that. So, like a balance act you try to craft the perfect ingredients for your song. For instance, like how some people are unable to face certain emotions. But then when they're out walking in the street, suddenly they hear this song that speaks directly to that part of them, and now they are willingly feeling it. That's how great music can heal our shadow.

Edited by DoubleYou

43 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Look at it like this. Most ordinary people wouldn't look for a video by Adyashanti, even though he speaks directly from non-dual understanding. That's his form of art. It's the exact same thing for music. There's artists out there that write from higher states of being, but the masses won't be able to hear it. They're in a completely different frequency, and so their music won't resonate with them at all.

As a musician it's something I've been contemplating a lot. I too feel the desire to evolve humanity through music and art. But it's naive to think our ego driven society wants exactly that. If you really want to bring God to the masses, you have to package it in a certain way so that people may actually bite. Almost like a magic trick, you fool the listener into being. To me, the real art isn't the artwork itself. It's the persuasion of an audience into a higher frequency without them ever noticing it. I think that's the purpose of art in the modern world.

Otherwise, it's impossible. Writing music from a higher state of being for ego's isn't just gonna catch on like that. So, like a balance act you try to craft the perfect ingredients for your song. For instance, like how some people are unable to face certain emotions. But then when they're out walking in the street, suddenly they hear this song that speaks directly to that part of them, and now they are willingly feeling it. That's how great music can heal our shadow.

Very good and intelligent answer! 

Bob Dylan wrote songs that were so incredible beautiful and inspiring, but the masses didn't pick it up, it didn't apply to the frequency of the masses. Those who loved Dylan's music was probably already at higher frequency. 

I agree that art these days should aim to apply to the masses and "trick" them to evolve towards happier and more compassionated people. 

However, that would be calculated art, and as you know, 'REAL' art is not calculated at all. Also, the artwork aim to meet people where they are, at their frequency, where as 'real' art treat people as if they're already realised, but again, that type of art obviously doesn't work. :( 

Good art/'real' art, art that comes direct from the source of God are TOO good for the masses, they won't bite. 

It feel's like we looking down on people here, but that's not really what's happen. It's good that we're not fake modest. And we have the best intentions for humanity.:) 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Bring God into your own life first, then you will understand.

There is no greater source of evil in the world than those who try to bring God into the lives of others without first succeeding in bringing God into their own life.

God unrealized is the devil.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The way I see it is that, the state of the ordinary society can't be so easily disturbed. This is why you see or hear very little about supernormal abilities - they can't be casually displayed to the ordinary people. Ordinary people still haven't transcended the ego, and so if they get hold of such information as they can unlock supernatural abilities by discovering Truth, they will be seeking the Truth only to satisfy their ego self, and will want to use the abilities to make money, bang more hotties, etc.

For there to be a right way there has to be a wrong way. Most people don't even recognise there is a "way" at all. They are stuck in cycles. If the Tiger attacks the snake, the snake will want to strike back! But he is no snake - the tiger was an illusion the whole time, and he is just a hamster stepping onto the wheel. He thinks he's being sneaky and manipulative to others. But really, he's only manipulating himself. 

Edited by St Clair

Imo, it looks like the more indirect you are the better:

doyourthing.jpg

What this means is, if you discovered your spiritual path, and you saw and became the no-self, and you decided to tell ppl about it, it's best to be creative and tell it indirectly in some way. Ppl who are not ready for it may misinterpret your information. Everyone walks a different spiritual path. We are all unique. You cannot discover your own spiritual path by trying to walk on someone else's.