Angelo John Gage

A few thought experiments.

6 posts in this topic

1.)

If God could clone himself (itself), would the clone be God? In other words, could two absolute infinites exist simultaneously?

> I don't think so. What do you think? 

2.) 

In the materialist paradigm, if I think of a pink unicorn, I am actually creating it with my thoughts; if everything is physical and material, so are my thoughts. Suppose I sustained this thought for my entire life; imagining the pink unicorn living its life in its entirety; eating, sleeping, jumping around, even reproducing, every day, until I died. During this time, this imagined unicorn, if it is all physical, would actually exist in my mind somewhere. If there was a way to take those atoms, and 'blow them up' or observe them in my mind, how is this not the same as us looking at everything else that is physical in this world. In other words, the pink unicorn does actually exist in my mind and it no different than it existing in 'reality' if everything is material.

Now, one can say, "Well this is not an objective experience, it is in your mind" but if thoughts are physical and can be examined some how, it is irrelevant where these atoms come together and exist. So basically, how is this any different from the universe 'thinking' or 'dreaming' all this reality up, as we examine this physical reality. One would say "objectively" we see no pink unicorns, but all one would have to do, is examine my thoughts somehow and everyone could see it.

> This idea has been in my mind lately, and I'm trying to see if it makes sense to you folks in regards to the materialist paradigm.

The story about the unicorn can theoretically work if the world was of matter. 

Now, reality works a little bit different and your place in reality is what we are looking for. Nothing you can observe is real. Even if you find a unicorn in your head, it is not a real unicorn. That unicorn is exactly as real as a horse in a farm. They both appear and disappear.

Focus on the thing that has no change. Go directly to the source. 

1. In order to clone something you need to make distinctions. You can't make any distinction if you are literally everything, there is nothing to contrast it to.

2.The material paradigm states as far as I am aware that everything arises from matter, that matter is the most fundamental building blocks of reality but there are also emergent qualities that can arise that aren't matter. Few people would argue that thoughts and emotions are literally made out of matter...now that I think about it this is actually a huge assumption to make.

1) An infinite can only be subdivided by another infinite. So no, 2 absolute infinites can not exist. Absolute Idealism being insanity.

2) I think there is a point where the determinate and indeterminate are transcended. Neither Determinsim nor freewill having validity. The idea of the unicorn being formed from exisiting ideas or impressions, some willing recognised and exposed others not. Kind of like a Trojan Horse.

1) Absolute infinity is everything. Like really, really, *really* everything. It includes everything imaginable. There is no thing separate from everything. 

If a limited mind imagines a thing outside of absolute infinity, the mind expands to include it within absolute infinity. In the above example, there are two limited ideas of infinity within absolute infinity. Or, one could say there are two limited “absolute infinities” within an “absolute absolute infinity”. But then couldn’t there be two “absolute absolute infinities?” Now we expand to an absolute, absolute, absolute infinity. One could keep expanding for an infinite number of “absolutes”.  Or, one could simply use the term “absolute infinity” as *really* meaning everything. 

The intellect is within absolute infinity. That’s why absolute infinity cannot be intellectualized. Any thought or concept is within absolute infinity. 

Although the concept of two absolute infinities may seem expansive relative to more contracted concepts - it’s actually contracted relative to more expansive concepts. And those more “expansive” concepts are within absolute infinity. In a relative world, expanding the mind intellectually can feel good and lead to a more balanced, healthier life experience. Yet so can eating a healthier diet and exercise. None of it brings a person any closer to absolute infinity because it’s all within absolute infinity. Humans have this ingrained mindset/bodyset that the mind-body is separate from absolute infinity. Is if absolute infinity is somewhere “out there” to be figured out or found. That’s why I don’t like the image I get when people say “you can only point to it” - to me, that puts me in a mindset that “it” is somewhere out there. Having direct experience with absolute infinity is much more impactful IME.