Nevon

How come if i damaged my brain i will lose consciousness

4 posts in this topic

After watching leo video what is consciousness",in the video leo describe the first order reality and the second order reality by using lego analogy,but i still can't get it, If someone use a hammer hit on my skull then the sense of self dissapear,but the body still there,then where do i go?am i supposed to identify myself with the first order reality?seems like there is no way for me to identify myself in first order reality on unconscious state.. i need more explaination for better understanding

I saw some video either by Rupert Spira or Tom Campbell about this very question you asked... I can't find the video now lol

It was a good explanation by a sage, that's what u need

Try n find it. It's out there.

Or post if someone If u know which vid it is

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

If someone hits a castle made out of Legos with a hammer, the castle will break. So will your sense of self & life.

What remains is no-self.

You only exist as an idea. This idea will die and all that will remain is the universe.

With a broken brain, you will not longer to able to say or think, "This is my life". And thus "you" will cease to exist as an ego. Sights, sounds, and feelings could still arise, but there would be nothing claiming ownership of them.

No-self = True Self

Where you go is, you die.

You only exist now as an idea.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

I think:

Let's say you get unconscious when someone hits you with a hammer. And then what happens? You regain consciousness.

Your consciousness didn't go anywhere. Why? Because from your perspective no time elapsed between the loss of consciousness and when you regained consciousness

Have you ever not regained consciousness? No. You gained consciousness even out of non-existence. And we have proof for that. (If we play with the idea that non-existence even exists, it doesn't..)

Same thing happens after death. You regain consciousness and don't notice any time between loss of consciousness and when you regain it. But with the twist that you lose all your previous memories and you get a different ego.

The Self (consciousness) will be the same after death, but the ego wont, it will be a different one.

There will be a you after death, but not you you. The same feeling of "me" will remain even though the memories are wiped and the ego is different.

You have direct experience of regaining consciousness after sleep. Out of seemingly nowhere (before you were born). Maybe after anesthesia. And maybe after a accident. Etc.

But I don't think you have direct experience of losing consciousness forever. And I don't think you ever will. Because there is no such thing. 

Just look at what has already happened, it's that simple. You will pop up into existence without previous memories.

"If you want to know the future, look at the past." 

- Albert Einstein

Wow, I've never read someone explain this as well as you just did. Makes even more sense now. Thanks!