JohnnyRocket

Jordan Peterson

233 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You gotta move into Stage Coral before you start to fully see the trap of being a Personal Development teacher (or otherwise savior of the world) and why it leads to a life of suffering even if your intention is to do good in the world or change the world in some way.

Are you on stage coral? How do you know you are on stage coral? What is Coral? Is it possible that you are actually on Yellow?

Edited by CreamCat

1 hour ago, CreamCat said:

Are you on stage coral? How do you know you are on stage coral? What is Coral? Is it possible that you are actually on Yellow?

I'll let you argue about that.

2hy3gj.jpg

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@CreamCat I didn't call him a fucking moron, the former US Secretary of State did ;)

Forum comments are my version of Lays potatoes chips. Can't take this shit too seriously or you'll go insane trying to out-logic all the nonsense that exists on the internet.

Many things don't even rise to the level of warranting a serious reply, in which case ridicule and snark becomes an effective tool. It's the equivalent of a Zen slap across the face.

Someone like Trump has not earned enough respect to be reasoned with. Sometimes you gotta call devils for devils when you see them. Pretending that a devil is not a devil just to sound "fair" is actually untruthful. And that's exactly what a devil like Trump will try to exploit to his advantage.

The middle ground between truth and falsehood is falsehood.

ego back slash leo, leoooooooooo

you should do again a psychedelic trip. I find your non duality a bit missing those days, probably the all losted people who defy you on the forum.

Trump is maybe the one who will create goodness and peace in the whole world ( I SUPPOSE NOT, but who the hell I m to believe my eyes ? )

I watched a manga when kids, the story still resonate for instance :

the hero become king/god of the entire planet ( in a steampunk kind of world ), then he behave like a real mother fucker and treat unfairly the whole planet, everyone hated on him for being so sellfish and stupid, he used himself as a symbol of hate, and when everyone had his eyes turned on him as the ennemy

he decide to ask "his best friend" who was seen as "good" by the planet people. He ask this friend to take his life in front of the people at a big event and take with him all the hates he created only to makes the world a better place.

He choose to become the symbol of hate for everyone, and kill himself to restaure "peace" in the world. without any glory.

He ask his friend ( who was against him in fact the whole story ) to create a world of peace for many years 

ok it's a manga story, but .. lot of meaning to me.

who is evil really in the story, the Trump ? the friend who kill him for create peace in the world ? the people who did nothing but being apathic to become aware of their own evil reflecting on their leader ? 

it's not that easy.

I mean this is a story, but what you don't know, you fucking don't know, it's yourself who teached me this notion.

So I stoped judging things for how they appear to me. unless it serv a sellfish goal ( comparing song in music, to grow, I need to divide and group )

so I started STOP to judge things on their color, but judge only the shape I can see in my mind.
Shades and light in a draw, are exactly like good and bad, a point of view, only the subject shape can be at his best seen by a mind. And the meaning is still what you see in the lines. There is no lines, we create the concept of lines.

maybe there is better stage to see reality, but I didn't find it.

if you believe there is evil leo, I m really asking my self who am I learning from 

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

@Strikr It is difficult to read your comment because of your bad english grammar.

I agree that leo seems to contradict his own videos about non-duality and devilry, though.

On 9/14/2018 at 7:23 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

Another great video on point to watch:

He's very charismatic and his message is philosophically sound but it's pretty much 'textbook' after 1000s years of it being told. As I let his voice drift by awareness present in the state of well being, causeless well being, it was as if I was waiting for him to say it. In the last few seconds of the clip he did.... an "exuding well being", he said.... hehe, oh the oozing well being.

I recognized decades ago that happiness, fulfillment, passion and peace are emergent qualities we are aware of in our conscious experience of 'well being'. He says many things to many people so in this he is speaking about 'causeless happiness' but it very well could be speaking to the presence of 'causeless well being' in our consciousness.

Of course, in this clip you shared he doesn't get to expound on the very challenging nature of having the presence of causeless well being in us when our inner life is spontaneously not that on it's own.  Instead it's ...um... "exuding" distress in all the qualities of suffering our miserable selves can muster up. If there ever was a trap it's here in thinking we have to 'make it' or 'do it'.

He touches on that idea a little bit and I'm sure he explains elsewhere more about it but that is the core of the message really so I will speak it. Specifically I am speaking of our causelessly being causeless well being while impervious to the conditioned self's efforts to cause distress. This is more complicated than I prefer to explain yet it may benefit one who reads it so I do it.

So, whether it's JP's 12 step of making it mean something or Leo's book lists and 1000s of hours for years or any of the infinite hoops that we would set up for our selves to jump through to 'get' it's all conditional circumstances for the 'do to get' caused well being. Which is why there are millions of people seeking 'do to get' caused well being and not finding an abiding experience of it.

It's conditional, temporary caused 'well being' as long as those conditions we set for our self are met by our self so it creates a striving for it which is a form of longing, it's unfulfilled. Unlike the 'do to get' hoop, a 'causeless' well being is a 'just be it' and an unconditional expression of well being so there is potential for an abiding experience of it.

Again, it wraps back to the message of a the abiding 'just be it' causeless well being while the conditioned self generates distress distraction is a challenge that no 12 steps or books read or endless hours of spiritual practices can 'do to get' it. No steps, books or hours of practice is actually the 'just be it' causeless well being.

The difference between practice doing it and actually being it is the difference between the temporary experience of it as long as conditions are met and the abiding experience of it that is unconditional. The only 'do' we can 'do' to 'be' it is turn our attention to and increase our awareness of the causeless well being so that the self caused distress diminishes in our awareness.

Yes, no steps, no books and no time needed to be it in each present moment. Stay attentive to the causeless well being and eventually the self will reflect the causeless well being and ironically be conditioned into an unconditional well being habituation.  So a harmony will exist within the whole of our consciousness.

Whew, that was alot of words, I'll shut up now. Hah

Edited by SOUL

On 14/09/2018 at 9:54 AM, Leo Gura said:

That is my natural inclination, but one of the problems with teaching self-actualization and nonduality is that people get so sucked into all sorts of twisted ideologies -- like that of JP, Sam Harris, Stefan Molyneux, SJW, capitalism, post-modernism, anti-post-modernism, etc.  -- that it becomes impossible to teach them without some amount of deconstruction work.

That is in fact the unconscious goal of people like JP, Sam Harris, Stefan Molyneux, etc. -- their job is to make the intellectual marketplace so muddied, confused, and polarized that it becomes impossible for people to find serious spiritual teachings. This is no accident. This is how the devil works: through muddying the water. The devil knows he can never win on merit because his position if fundamentally false, so all he can do is confuse people and stall out the clock.

This is a classic tactic use by global warming deniers, for example. They just need to muddy the waters and sow enough doubt to stall out the clock to get their paycheck.

So some of these devils need to be called out on their BS sometimes, to put them in their place. Otherwise the unwitting masses start to take them too seriously. An intelligent devil like JP or Sam Harris is a dangerous thing. It is not obvious how he is wrong and how best to rebut him. To a casual observer a lot of the things he says ring true and reasonable. Of course that's precisely how the devil works. He sprinkles nuggets of truth into his bullshit lasagna.

The purpose of all ideologies is to distract from truth-seeking. Which is why ideologies have been so widespread throughout all of human history up to and including today. The devil's strategy is: flood the marketplace with so much bullshit that people cannot even tell that actual Truth is possible. If you want to safeguard a precious diamond, throw it into an ocean of liquid shit full of fake diamonds. Then no one will ever find it.

@Leo Gura  are all the devils keeping you up at night?

@Barry J Nope, I sleep just fine. It's JP who has sleeping problems:

My fave JP quote: "...an overwhelming sense of impending doom."

"You lay in bed frozen in something approximating terror for eight hours and then you get up."

LOL!

That about sums up his reactionary political philosophy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  would you like to be enlightened? 

I mean if you were to lose all of this actualised.org thing  

Would you take it?

Edited by Barry J

@Barry J I don't need to lose it. Enlightenment is naturally coming. The nondual awareness is creeping into me every day, bit by bit. Won't take too long now.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.