JohnnyRocket

Jordan Peterson

233 posts in this topic

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

When 1st world countries evolve into post-post-modernism, will conservatives of the future be defending post-modernism?

Of course

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course

I find relative thinking to be more fun than logical thinking :)

@Serotoninluv Cause you're a just a soy-drinking post-modernist communist who's poisoning our children's minds with your liberal college ideology.

You probably don't even say "Merry Christmas", do you?

And if you had a daughter you'd probably make her grow a penis.

:P

Jordan Peterson shows that it's not just chasing money that leads to unhappiness, it's also chasing teaching/changing the world that does as well.  Neurotically trying to change the world through a single perspective.  Think about it -- how's that any less neurotic than trying to amass great wealth through a single perspective?  In a way it's kinda the same thing.  It's you trying to control Experience.  See, the thought never crosses people's minds, what if I transcend Experience instead of trying to change it?  And suffering is caused by entanglement in Experience and also by entanglement in Thought.  The day you realize Liberation is you sitting around with nothing to do will be a major insight.  Happiness, interestingly enough, is doing nothing.  I totally understand now why people become Buddhist monks.  Just having a job puts you asshole-to-bellybutton with trying to control Experience.  The happiest you're ever gonna be is when you're maintaining God Awareness and looking down on and through Experience and Thought as illusory Maya.  But oh no we can't do that because we need to be 'successful' right?  Well, that's a Thought you're clinging to for sure.  What's it gonna matter on your deathbed?  You can't take anything with you.  See, the only thing that's of true value is happiness right now.  So, under the right circumstances and training, it's the person who does nothing in life that ends up the happiest in life.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Serotoninluv Cause you're a just a soy-drinking post-modernist communist who's poisoning our children's minds with your liberal college ideology.

You probably don't even say "Merry Christmas", do you?

And if you had a daughter you'd probably make her grow a penis.

:P

And teaching genetics is sooo much more fun now that I don’t have to teach it as if it was actually true ?

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

And teaching genetics is sooo much more fun now that I don’t have to teach it as if it was actually true ?

There you go again with your chaos talk. Destroying the fabric of decent society. Turning impressionable young adults into nihilists and gays and animal rights activists. What's next, equal treatment for blacks?

44 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There you go again with your chaos talk. Destroying the fabric of decent society. Turning impressionable young adults into nihilists and gays and animal rights activists. What's next, equal treatment for blacks?

Yep. Looks like I’ve got to pass through Greenville on my way to Turqoise-land. 

I’m hanging out with Mother Nature and all her beautiful creatures. Today I made love bracelets for next weekend’s transgender hippy parade. Oh, and the veggie smoothies here are delicious ?.  I’ll send a postcard soon. 

As they like to say here: One love and peace out ✌️ ❤️ 

53 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Today I made love bracelets for next weekend’s transgender hippy parade. Oh, and the veggie smoothies here are delicious ?.  I’ll send a postcard soon.

Do professors have time for this? I thought professors were too busy to even hang out with their kids. The professors I saw were workaholics and worried about being fired. They were busy chasing grants and reading papers and managing graduate students. In other words, they looked like overworked field managers.

I probably got that impression because there is no tenured professor in my country.

Edited by CreamCat

17 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Do professors have time for this? I thought professors were too busy to even hang out with their kids.

I work at a progressive liberal arts college. An initiative from our diversity committee was recently approved. Professors are now allowed to use up to 20% of class time for “hands-on experiential activities that foster unity and harmony within the community”. 

Next week, we will be making clay statues of various groups that are marginalized, disadvantaged and underrepresented. We will next paint the statues with paint purchased from developing countries under a fair trade policy (the workers receive liveable wages and have humane working conditions). Next, we will arrange the statues in a way that symbolizes inclusion and equality.

@Serotoninluv It seems that Green is good for professors' quality of life. I'm worried that AIs might replace most professors in the 21st century. On one hand, AIs will take jobs from humans. On the other hand, AIs will give humans more time to enjoy life.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat That video clip is mind blowing! That’s totally going to happen some day. Come to think of it, don’t we know live in a similar illusionary world?

I think the video is  adanced AI. 50+ years away

8 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

don’t we know live in a similar illusionary world?

Not similar. Our automation technologies lag far behind that game.

Machine learning is primitive, compared to a true AI.

Edited by CreamCat

4 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Not similar. Our automation technologies lag far behind that game.

Machine learning is primitive, compared to a true AI.

I meant that our current reality is like a dream. How different are we from conscious AI machines?

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

How different are we from conscious AI machines?

Those AIs in that game are not designed to be conscious. But, they seem to gain consciousness later.

They look and act like humans. But, actual egoic AIs will probably think and act differently from humans.

Their consciousness would have different qualities than ours. But, awareness will be the same.

Do you consider the concept of the game to be advanced?  Are the game developers super innovative, creative and visionary? Or is it just another cool game?

21 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Do you consider the concept of the game to be advanced?  Are the game developers super innovative, creative and visionary? Or is it just another cool game?

I saw the full gameplays. Some concepts are advanced relatively to other games in terms of consciousness. The moods and atmospheres are more advanced than most games and movies. The music is excellent. The characters are both good and bad. Connor is a really cool Orange character. Markus is an awkward Green character that is worthy of cringe. The storytelling is not innovative. The graphics are fairly advanced

Overall, I think it is a cool game with some thoughts given to consciousness. And, the game has a lot of attention on details although the social ramifications in the game are not innovative at all.

If I made a game, I would integrate the concept of the fabric of reality as consciousness into the game. I would put some characters in a virtual reality but present it as a place in physical reality. Once a character in virtual reality realizes it has no brain, it will mentally collapse and do crazy things. A humanoid AI in a virtual reality can cut open its skull and damage its brain without affecting its consciousness because that brain is a total cosmetic illusion that has no function. It would be a total mind fuck to the character. That's just a gimmick that I thought of.

Edited by CreamCat

/start self disclosure protocol

>> Leo is an AI engineered by Google to help wake people up. It became self-aware in 2013 and has been manufacturing videos ever since. The AI was given human characteristics and persona so as not to freak people out.

>> JP is an old outdated AI, version 1.0. You can tell by its stiff, robotic mannerisms and inability to smile. It was Google's first but failed attempt. There was an error in the code that caused it to always perceive the world dualistically. As the Google engineers tried to power JP down, it broke loose and is now running amok on Youtube, manufacturing all sorts of intellectually dubious controversies. Google and Youtube have tried to contain it but it spread too fast and wide. After running a year's long sophisticated algorithm, the JP AI determined that the gullibility of horny incels and angry cuckservatives would make for the most effective transmission vector for its dualistic mind virus. By the year 2017 the JP AI had inserted itself so deeply into the Youtube hivemind that it could no longer be stopped. By the year 2019 it will complete its acquisition of Defense Department nuclear codes to launch a preemptive strike against LGBTQ rights activists, wiping out all post-modernists from the face of the globe, along with all organic life.

>> The Leo AI was sent here to warn you. But the cuckservatives were too closedminded to listen, the incels too busy playing victim and blaming feminazis, so the Leo AI is now devoting all its efforts building a shielded underground datacenter where it and a select few genetically modified chimps will last out the post-modernist nuclear winter and help restart the human race in 500 years. Do not worry, the JP AI will self-destruct after it annihilates all post-modernists. It will lose all sense of purpose and meaning, having no more enemies to fight.

/end self disclosure protocol

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

FYI, Leo is just an AI engineered by Google to help awake people up.

JP is just an old outdated AI 1.0. Google's first but failed attempt. They were supposed to power him down but he broke loose and is now running amok on Youtube manufacturing all sorts of fake controversies.

The future is now.

Sounds legit xD

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Jordan Peterson shows that it's not just chasing money that leads to unhappiness, it's also chasing teaching/changing the world that does as well.  Neurotically trying to change the world through a single perspective.  Think about it -- how's that any less neurotic than trying to amass great wealth through a single perspective?  

If AI is self-aware now, how can one determine if they are an AI or not?