SoonHei

Moment of Letting Go before Ego Death

11 posts in this topic

Question for all those who have had the breakthrough experience on a psychedelic or while meditating / yoga / some other way.

Leo says that you have to "surrender to the experience" and be ready to die. tell yourself that you are about to die, and accept it, and say BRING IT ON

so my question is this, Is one somehow indirectly resisting if they believe that " I don't need to worry about dying (even though it seems like I will die for real (technically I guess it is real) ) i dont need to worry because no matter what, i know I will return back to my body. i know that i will return back to this ego. so i will fully surrender to see my eternal nature, using the saftey net in the form of knowldegge, that no matter what, i will return back to my body..."

?? thanks

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei Safety nets are for the ego. That is not total surrender. The surrender must be absolute/complete. The "moth before the flame" so to speak. What if anything of you returns, who knows.

hmmmm

so then it's true i guess... that nothing really can prepare you for it... the moment right before it happens. it WILL seem like that it is THE END of all. that I, indeed am dying, for awakening can only happen when I really, truly dies

i guess from the place i am speaking from now - it is a good "reassurance" that one does return back to the ego... and from what i have heard, harder than ever before... but the glimpse of the Truth stirs the movement upon the return..

thank you

Love Is The Answer

What dies is the body. The eternal being that we are cannot ever die. I'm also convinced it's impossible to kill the ego-mind with one blow.

What if the body is needed for the processing/ transformation of ego-mind, then you really don't want to kill the physical body until you've completed your ego transformation. 

No matter what you tell yourself, once you are dying you are DYING. All concepts are out the window here. It's your life, after all.

So, the best thing in my opinion is to pray deeply and approach the situation like a total surrender. Of course part of you will be resisting it, but that's the best it can get.

3 hours ago, SoonHei said:

so my question is this, Is one somehow indirectly resisting if they believe that " I don't need to worry about dying (even though it seems like I will die for real (technically I guess it is real) ) i dont need to worry because no matter what, i know I will return back to my body. i know that i will return back to this ego. so i will fully surrender to see my eternal nature, using the saftey net in the form of knowldegge, that no matter what, i will return back to my body..."

Those beliefs are just thoughts and they won't matter when you feel you are about to die. Can you be still when you feel that death is inevitable?

You can't really answer that question in words. Only in action.

3 hours ago, SoonHei said:

IME, intellectual affirmations like that are effective in mid-range psychedelic zones, yet completely useless when entering the ego death zone. Those concepts are reflective of an ego trying to gain security and comfort. As a person approaches ego death, all concepts and beliefs are stripped away, including the one you offered. When I was a novice, I clung to concepts, deep beliefs and identity. Ego death was a terrifying experience. There is no way to sugar-coat it for the ego. 

The idea that I was only temporarily leaving my self and would return after the trip was one of the last ideas to be stripped away during my 2nd Ayahuasca ceremony. When things got rough, I checked my watched and told myself "It will only last a few hours, just run out the clock". After hours of struggling for control, anxiety, insanity and panic - a shadow of the ego returned to tell me to hang on, hours had past and it must be winding down. There was a brief sense of relief as I looked again at my watch. Three minutes had past. Three minutes!. Then full-on panic appeared as I realized I "couldn't run out the clock". I had to completely surrender or go through a hellish struggle that would be experienced as DAYS - not hours.

What is it that you are holding onto in this life?

What if there was nothing that would hold you here? Not in the sense of I don't want to be here but, there is nothing here I want and there is nothing beyond here that I want.

Ego Death is only a problem to the ego not to you. It's a drama queen, "ahh ahh look at me I'm dying". It's all god, it's all a play. Life and death is a fairy tale of the mind.

@luismatos thank you.

36 minutes ago, luismatos said:

No matter what you tell yourself, once you are dying you are DYING. All concepts are out the window here.

makes sense.

@WelcometoReality hopefully grace guides me through that bridge

22 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

After hours of struggling for control, anxiety, insanity and panic - a shadow of the ego returned to tell me to hang on, hours had past and it must be winding down. There was a brief sense of relief as I looked again at my watch. Three minutes had past. Three minutes!

WOAHHH - that must have been one great mind fuck and fear-overload! 

i guess at "zero resistance" or minimal... those couple of hours pass like couple of hours

and at maximum/heavy resistance... those couple of hours can stretch to days, weeks - heck, decades!

have read a few posts about people spending what can only be truly called an eternity in their bad trips... and time itself stopping and the level of discomfort, fear, pain increasing without end, and exponentially

16 minutes ago, No-Thing said:

What if there was nothing that would hold you here? Not in the sense of I don't want to be here but, there is nothing here I want and there is nothing beyond here that I want.

added to the list of contemplation questions of mine. nice one

Love Is The Answer

On 8/13/2018 at 4:30 PM, iamme said:

What dies is the body. The eternal being that we are cannot ever die. I'm also convinced it's impossible to kill the ego-mind with one blow.

What if the body is needed for the processing/ transformation of ego-mind, then you really don't want to kill the physical body until you've completed your ego transformation. 

No, it's you who dies, when you die. Your body will cease at the physical plane after you die, it's evident by the fact that after a person dies, the body still functioning, proving it's you who dies.

If you have a soul that is preserved for the other side, then good, otherwise you can believe whatever "Make believe Godhead" "Infinity Santa Claus" or "Divine Jesus" BS you want, it won't help you, unless you have a soul.

Edited by SarahFernandes