Cortex

Typical People Are Here To Serve Special And Non Typical People

49 posts in this topic

Maybe narcissism can be cured with community service and trying to make the world a better place. Find some way to add value to society. Even showing saying "thank you" to store clerks and waiters/waitresses is a good start. I would stay away from art because that would inflate your ego more (i.e. my book/youtubechannel/music is clearly superior to his/hers!) 

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

@now is forever I was talking to OP. I'm just wondering if narcissists can be cured by psychadelics. What would happen if he blew his head off with 5-meo? 

@martin_malin It seems like a really strong force is driving the denial of his actions, if were to speculate on what would cure it, I would compare it to getting enlightened, meditate everyday at first aiming for nirvana and in a sense in-denial that your actually killing yourself vs. do some opposing force to narcissism everyday aiming to be the best but in denial that your actually trying to solve it.

Cortex did say he was meditating, but then there's that whole conversation about him/her not having an ego, who knows maybe even a affirmation would work. Thoughts? I want to keep this thread going

@Jamie Universe never try to cure a real narcissist. would make you a codependency at one point - you would question yourself over and over again.

hahaha some people would think that’s exactly what i need...

you see how this is a trap?

just contemplate on trump and you see the effect.

(but no narcissist is the same, they are still humans, that’s the whole point, some are more humane than others)

you might also contemplate about resiliency.

@Cortex sorry for that kind of talk, if you are already selfaware of the fact that you are a narcissist it makes you a better person, have some selfesteem in that!

Edited by now is forever

On 8/12/2018 at 3:09 PM, Emerald said:

And the once you achieve your dream of becoming a very famous celebrity you will realize that you will one day die and be forgotten to the sands of time. What then, when you realize that your celebrity status hasn't saved you from your own mortality? And all those beautiful, talented, ugly, and untalented people are all under ground in a hundred years in just the same way being eaten by ants and worms with flesh rotted away. None of them significant and none of them insignificant. 

You sound so much like me when I was a teenager. I was suffering under the delusions that you are until I had my experiences of ego transcendence. I wanted to be better than everyone else and I couldn't stand being looked over in a crowd. I wanted the world to stop once I died, and for the whole world to care about me. And I lived my entire life for the legacy that I would leave after I died. My life wasn't important to me at all... only my legacy. And I was so neurotic because of my megalomania. I carried the weight of the universe on my shoulders because of my delusions of grandeur.

And even as I achieved the things that I wanted to achieve, there was only a brief high of achieving significance. Then, I would go seeking again for more and more significance, like a drug. And a drug that I had to find ways to get, otherwise I was afraid I might fade away into nothingness. I had to be the best and come off just a particular way.

What I didn't realize is that I had created a prison for myself and I was wasting my life for an idea. And that idea was my self-concept that I wanted everyone to know about and for that self-concept to be eternal. But the self-concept was never real... it was just an idea.

Is this idea of superiority worth sacrificing your entire being over? What if you just allowed yourself to be human? What monsters would attack you then? Would you realize that you're not immune from the reaper then?

I love this

On 8/12/2018 at 4:22 PM, Cortex said:

This is not a problem, this is heaven when I have a lot of narcissistic supply

All humans love narcissistic supply though.  That's why we fall in love and seek affirmation from a partner. Romantic love is narcissistic supply on steroids.

"You are so beautiful"

You are all that matters to me"

"You are an angel from heaven."

"There is no man/woman more attractive than you"

In romantic relationships, people eat that stuff up. haha Narcissism is a part of human nature.

You aren't as strange or weird as psychologists want to paint you. Your ego is just more complicated. But it's still the same beast everyone else is dealing with.

I would recommend Teal Swan's video on narcissism. She paints narcissistic is a more kinder light than most sources.

Meditation and Non-duality also will help with narcissism.

Ego transcendence and Shadow Work heals narcissism. But it is a complex layer of the ego, and you will have to go into the pits of mental and emotional hell and face your demons.

If you are willing to face your demons, you can overcome narcissism.

On 8/12/2018 at 5:46 PM, Cortex said:

Jesus, I am myself conscious of this long before my therapist, my therapist is just there to listen, it's really high quality therapist, but that's not the point, I myself know who I am better than anyone, and my tharapist is also a source of supply, because I can talk  about myself all the time 

Yes, but all humans (especially unawake people) use people and things as a "source of supply". 

Ego = needing a source of supply

Psychologists don't understand this.

Edited by Brittany