Recursoinominado

Is it just me or online spiritual communities are full of mental cases?

53 posts in this topic

Tell me i am not alone on this. This forum and lots of others like fb groups i am part of seems to be full of non-sense posts that( i guess) were intended to be super deep and profound but ultimately make no sense at all even to spiritual standards. I am not even talking about grammar here, because my english sucks(for writing but i understand perfectly) and i know the limits of language on those topics. But if you are in a forum, my guess is that would make more sense to try to make your message clear. Seems to me that there are lots of spiritual delusion going on (yeah yeah maya, is all an illusion but you still have to communicate). 

This is just the nature of online forums.

98% of forum posts are supposed to be nonsense. The other 2% are the gold which makes wading through the 98% worthwhile.

You just have to adjust your expectations for what forums are. A public forum is not an encyclopedia. If you want that, you got Wikipedia (which is awesome by the way).

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Give your definition of a mental case.  Then we can have a discussion.  Otherwise, this is just a distraction.  You're distracted.  It's your problem, and you're projecting it externally.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

98% of forum posts are supposed to be nonsense. The other 2% are the gold which makes wading through the 98% worthwhile.

You just have to adjust your expectations for what forums are. A public forum is not an encyclopedia. If you want that, you got Wikipedia (which is awesome by the way).

If you think 98% of forum posts are nonsense, you're in the wrong business Leo.  I think that's ass-backwards.  It makes me question your judgment.  From my perspective and experience, 98% of the Forum posts are legit and 2% are pointless.  You're still way too judgmental Leo.  You're not accepting yet.  You still wanna define yourself as above things too much.  That's the Self looking to cling to significance.  You shouldn't have that if you're as Enlightened as you should be by this point.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

10 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Give your definition of a mental case.  Then we can have a discussion.  Otherwise, this is just a distraction.  You're distracted.  It's your problem, and you're projecting it externally.  

Of course my unsatisfaction with the subject is a projection of my deep-rooted worries, i am aware of that, but still, seems to be a common thing in spiritual communities and i rarely see anyone talking about it. And yes, it is a distraction, almost everything is, this forum is basically a giant collective mental masturbation space (not saying that i don't like it, i am here for a reason).

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ah, yes and when I say the same thing and tell people not to listen to forums members for their go to advice, I get flamed.

Mental cases is putting it mildly, just piss in thier soups a bit, disagree with thier advices and teachings to see their true colours.

45 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

Is it just me or online spiritual communities are full of mental cases?

A person who is not well adjusted in society, who is neurotic, will become interested in meditation, consciousness, enlightenment and spirituality. 

Unless you are uncomfortable, and finding it difficult to cope with sufferings in your life, why will you become interested in dropping the mind i.e. meditation ?

@Leo Gura

Why don't your videos reflect your online forums personality more?

You're very new age on here but your videos try very hard not to alienate anyone. 

And you seem to be very harsh and condescending to people as of yet especially towards science and logic, and towards orange.

If your in a dream then donate all your money and jump off a cliff, it's all a dream anyway right who cares.

Oh wait if the dream is the default mode then there's no difference between labelling something as reality or hallucination.

You should just go all out new age now,  so most of us can unsub, because you've outgrown us into new age and hippery.

You'll keep the right audience for yourself.  No need to convince the non believers who don't want to listen to all the junk.

Every thing isn't true,  everything is equally false.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@blazed @Joseph Maynor  Welcome to the dark side of Leo Gura

Many people on the internet are in love with experiences and that they have found something unexplainable. They talk more about experiences and theories than trying to point to what is now. They are absolutely certain how they feel and think. 

Spirituality and psychedelics can be a HUGE trap because it makes you “know” so much ? which of course is a poor measurement of happiness. 

And about the critique against Leo that’s been lately. I’m missing from Leos side compassion and love. Those things are really hard to teach and maybe this is not Leo’s job! He has a beautiful mind and he can share good insights and ideas but the one who benefits most from his videos is Leo himself. No one will be enlightened by listening to Leo at the moment of his development. But many people will become free if they practice meditation or other forms of spiritual practices which he is always trying to point out. But how to say things seems to be of more importance than the content itself. 

I have been disagreeing with Leo for a long long time and yet I love how he speaks and his passion for putting togheter information and how he analyzes it. I’m more inspired by his work efforts than his behavior. 

If someone is grounded in the heart you can see it in their behavior and their speech. You probably get a clearer feel for how someone is in a 10 minute conversation face to face than watching 1000 hours of video content.

Don’t follow other people blindly! Appreciate their uniqueness and let go of the rest.

??

@Joseph Maynor From what I have noticed, 98% of it is nonsense. People are just taking the same old shit and just rearranging it. I've seen this with pretty much 98% of what you write here in this forum, it's just the same old "BE-ING this and THE SELF that." You proclaim to be turquoise but I haven't found one thing you have said to be interesting at all. I may as well just read A New Earth by Eckharte Tolle again.

Sounds to me like many people here are just a bunch of hard-nosed jazz school students, improvising over the same jazz standards that the grand masters composed, and claiming to be original. Go cultivate your own style, and compose your own music. If reality is infinite, why don't you find your own way to tap into its Majesty.

Edited by St Clair

48 minutes ago, Artaemis said:

@Recursoinominado I'm probably one of those crazy people lol, but I mask it a little bit. Its like the more crazy or wacky a person is, the easier it is for a person to comprehend truth and reality to a certain extent (if matured enough). Thats my experience atleast, so I sympathize with the insane. I often feel like I'm one step away from full insanity, constantly disintergrating and reintergrating. But yet I've never been more loving and accepting. 

Yes, you DO have to possess a freaking open-mindedness. I suspect that suffering brought us all here and usually mentally ill people suffer a lot and tend to look for alternatives beyond the common truth. I am particularly interested in this because all my mother family has a serious illness and i suspect that is due to spiritual awakenings that they are ignorant about and fight forever with it. 

1 minute ago, Artaemis said:

@St Clair

I met an enlightened turquoise once. He barely spoke. He seemed more interested in uniting his soul with mine than lecturing. He could tear down all your defenses with his presence and unconditional gaze alone. He was like the sun, subtly overpowering, radiant in form. 

Most spiritual people seem more interested in hearing their own voice and debating with blue/orange/green, than divine union. Outside forums and inside forums. 

Hell yeah, fuck mental masturbation, i want to be unconditional love.

Its the same case with psychology majors, it attracts the mentals and insane.

Have you seen Westworld? A theme in that series is that suffering advances the consciousness of robots.

I feel most of the people here must have been seriously hurt in the "right ways" to end up in this path. I just dont see your casual happy-go-lucky folks dwelling into mysticism and non-duality, they are so care-free and happy that they pretty much dont need it.

I may be wrong tho

3 minutes ago, Mafortu said:

Have you seen Westworld? A theme in that series is that suffering advances the consciousness of robots.

holy shit, this is awesome, i watched a few episodes and found boring, i didn't knew this.
And you are right. I also want to to a psychology major lol
And i had an insight, that's why i "attract" lots of people with serious mental, psychological and emotional problems. I always thought that if "like attracts like", if i attract lots of fuck up people i also was fucked up but now i understand that this was only half true. Yes, i passed through lots (and still am) fucked up shit but i also have a kind of "wisdom"( still a long way to go)to withstand fucked up situations without losing my shit and possibly be even happy, this represents hope to other people in fucked up situations that feel hopelessness. 

Edited by Recursoinominado

2 hours ago, St Clair said:

@Joseph Maynor From what I have noticed, 98% of it is nonsense. People are just taking the same old shit and just rearranging it. I've seen this with pretty much 98% of what you write here in this forum, it's just the same old "BE-ING this and THE SELF that." You proclaim to be turquoise but I haven't found one thing you have said to be interesting at all. I may as well just read A New Earth by Eckharte Tolle again.

Sounds to me like many people here are just a bunch of hard-nosed jazz school students, improvising over the same jazz standards that the grand masters composed, and claiming to be original. Go cultivate your own style, and compose your own music. If reality is infinite, why don't you find your own way to tap into its Majesty.

You’re thinking of people as a monolith. What you fail to see is that each of those people are individuals walking their own unique personal development path.  That’s like walking into a college math class and complaining that people are discussing the same ole shit year after year.  Of course they are!  But see, it’s different people going though the same process to learn year after year.  Same goes for Personal Development.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, Outer said:

It's interesting that it's definitely a correlation.

I don’t like this need to demonize others.  Really, that’s just the Self trying to elevate itself over other people.  You tell me how you substantiate your ‘correlation’.  And you’re always on the Forum yourself — so don’t you get captured in your own over-hasty conclusion too?  I admit that I’m getting a little triggered by this because the awesome people on here are doing the right thing, and yet they get called crazy or redundant or what not.  You wanna be more supportive as a personal development guide — and you’re a good guide too.  You wanna be happy about and supportive of the people who come on here.  These are the fabulous few who dare to work on themselves, just like you and me many years ago.  And some of these people on here have been doing this longer than we have.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 hours ago, FakeEnlightenment said:

@blazed @Joseph Maynor  Welcome to the dark side of Leo Gura

Leo’s a good guy.  It’s just he and I have a little bit of a different Perspective on this narrow issue.  And you definitely don’t wanna force yourself to be compassionate, that puts the cart before the horse — and will take you further downstream of Enlightenment.  Compassion results from Enlightenment — and it's unforced.  It’s not an ideological compassion.  It’s a letting things BE kind of compassion.  It’s an acceptance of the moment kind of compassion.  It’s a BE-into the moment kind of compassion.

1 hour ago, Mafortu said:

Its the same case with psychology majors, it attracts the mentals and insane.

I feel most of the people here must have been seriously hurt in the "right ways" to end up in this path. I just dont see your casual happy-go-lucky folks dwelling into mysticism and non-duality, they are so care-free and happy that they pretty much dont need it.

I may be wrong tho

You think your limited Perspective and experience on this matter allows for such a strong conclusion?  How do you know that about the people who do Enlightenment Work? 

Edited by Joseph Maynor