MM1988

How exactly does 5-MEO contradict the Materialist Pradigm?

43 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2018 at 11:13 PM, Mikael89 said:

It's just a belief in this forum that the experiences which psychedelics create are more real than this sober, normal reality. And maybe that belief is right, impossible to know.

If there is anything I can say about psychedelics that seems to be mutually agreed upon among many is that it at least strips societal conditioning. Ideas one holds on how things should be or should act. To question even the most standard things in society like attire etc. Makes you realize you were a robot the entire time.

Its only until you have such a realization that the real work can begin. Psychedelics don't mean much if you can't implement what you learned in sobriety.

15 hours ago, Nahm said:

It’s the World Cup Final, and a man makes his way to his seat right next to the pitch. He sits down, noticing that the seat next to him is empty. He leans over and asks his neighbour if someone will be sitting there. ‘No,’ says the neighbour. ‘The seat is empty.’ ‘This is incredible,’ said the man. ‘Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Final and not use it?’ The neighbour says, ‘Well actually the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first World Cup Final we haven’t been to together since we got married.’ ‘Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that. That’s terrible….But couldn’t you find someone else, a friend, relative or even a neighbour to take her seat?’ The man shakes his head. ‘No,’ he says. ‘They’re all at the funeral’.

Laughter!

(That empty, thoughtless space, between the joke, and the laughter, is where the understanding occurred.)

Where Infinite Humor resides.

OMG!!!! i have to share this!!! xD @Nahm

@Serotoninluv

On 28.09.2018 at 10:43 PM, Serotoninluv said:

IME, on lower doses there, the context still has some dream component. It's like being rocketed up to high Yellow and Turquoise. 

I've tried to push the dose higher beyond that. My first two attempts I blacked out when I left all dream state. The third attempt I went to absolute nothing. A null void. 

Don't you think that the fact of you blacking out (if by that you mean non-consciousness) on supposedly so consciousness increasing substance, says something?

I'm trying to compare this null void with my DPT breakthrough. In this null void, the castle analogy from Leo's video made a lot of sense to you? In my experience, it felt like if somebody would come up at that moment and smash my head with a hammer, this null void would still persist but the shape of the head would change. That analogy made sense to me after I emerged. Would there be any suffering if your whole body would be burning at that moment? Was the transition to null void gradual or rather like tripping very hard..... and poof - void?

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk