Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nick5050

Sameness vs Difference - The Metaphysical Foundation Of Reality

9 posts in this topic

Truly eye-opening video @Leo Gura. Made so much things clear. Also made me grasp the importance of doing contemplation. Just the fact that we shouldn't use it for egotestical reasons is hard to swallow for the ego (last thing u said in the vid). It amazes how much u know about all these aspects of life. Can't wait to start discovering for myself.

After watching the video in full before bed, I woke up from a mild nightmare (or a disturbing dream) in the middle of the night... And before going back to sleep I allowed my mind wonder around the question 'Is a dream the same as a nightmare?'

In my half-lucid, alpha brainwave state, I was considering all the samenesses and differences between the two, and I can't remember everything I came up with now. But I do remember that I went down a miniature rabbit hole for a good 15 minutes before I drifted into sleep again.

Still, I am conscious of a few of the little insights I had. For instance, I could have dreamt the exact same content and called it either a dream or a nightmare... It's only a matter of interpretation. That's the real difference.

Then again, how I interpret the dream on a second-by-second basis as it's happening will determine how it develops further - not just what my own ego character does in the dream, but the entire dreamscape itself will remold itself continually based on my own interpretation of it as either positive or negative. So the ever-changing nature of the content can be a difference as well.

But at the same time, I was very aware of the 'deep sameness', as Leo calls it, between a dream and a nightmare: consciousness. In a sense, it was a really wonderful first 'comparative assessment' between sameness and difference that I just accidentally stumbled upon right after watching the video. Of course, it wasn't the same as contemplating - simply a short half-lucid wondering - but nevertheless it was penetrative.

The very essence of the consciousness that was both the dream and the interpretation of the dream would have been the same regardless of labelling it a 'dream' or a 'nightmare'.

And so it is with everything.

Of course, I'll still be contemplating a whole lot more on sameness and difference. There will be more discoveries. But it was beneficial to have a somewhat more direct hit of the underlying sameness in all the content and substance that is the dream before contemplating this further.

P.S. My thinking was most likely also influenced by a great book called Lucid Dreaming by Robert Waggoner.

Psychedelics are great at infusing sameness and difference. I've played guitar on a high dose of LSD and have had trouble playing because different notes started to sound the same.

BTW @Leo Gura you mentioned in the video that there is scientific evidence (statistical data) of paranormal OR psychic phenomena, I forgot which is it. Would you be able to link those articles on this thread or on your blog? I'd love to see them.  

5 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

BTW @Leo Gura you mentioned in the video that there is scientific evidence (statistical data) of paranormal OR psychic phenomena, I forgot which is it. Would you be able to link those articles on this thread or on your blog? I'd love to see them.  

See the work of Dean Radin and others scientists like him.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I remember watching a video of sadguru, when a member of the audience asks him what happens to the consciousness when you die he said "the discriminatory mind dies with the organism", now after leo's video i finally understand what he meant :D

Ok i finished it aaaaand i have more questions than when i see started like, is this all true? Is the physical universe really existing and expanding or its just an illusion inside the same singularity before the big bang but most of all . .. . Is there gonna be a new video today????????