Simon Håkansson

How do you develop into stage green?

8 posts in this topic

I would like some tips for you guys out here on how to transcend stage orange into green. Are there some specific books that I should prioritize and if so, what books are worthwhile reading?

I have started to realize that I have been quite judgemental of a few things with stage green, mainly feminism (because of personal issues, various kinds of ill treatments by extremists etc. Also alot of confirmation bias where I have looked at the most extreme cases), I also still have quite a few judgements against stage orange like consumerism, that is holding me back. How do I get over these kinds of judgement? Do you have some tips on how to develop into green without being angry and judgemental at stage orange at the same time?

Regards/Simon    

@Simon Håkansson Contemplate how Green is built on top of Orange.

Without consumerism, how would you get your food, clothes, electronics?

Notice that Green depends on Orange foundations.

Notice how you yourself had to grow through Orange. So how can you judge others for doing the same? It would be like judging a child for not being an adult.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

For me, it was having a traumatic event.

Edited by StardewValley

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

How is your empathy? If you focus on improving that, GREEN will come easily. 

@Simon Håkansson I was centered in stage Orange for a looong time (30 yrs). The goal-setting, the striving for achievements, degrees, publications and titles. After I was tenured at my college, the seeking for personal achievement dissolved. It just wasn't giving me a meaningful life. I had been very independent and self-sufficient. Then I started getting the sense that I was one in a community. I learned spanish and lived in poor communities in central and south america. I started noticing how other people were being treated unjustly. I noticed how disadvantaged kids don't have access to an education. I started dating women outside my race and had direct experience with racism. I began realizing my white privilege. I felt empathy toward those disadvantaged. I began making friends with progressives and we would rant against close-minded republicans, FoxNews, racists, my parents etc. I started watching shows like the Majority Report.   I felt desire to help the disadvantaged. I changed my courses to teach about inequality, I joined our diversity committee. 

Most of my transition was driven by direct experience and emotions. 

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

I began realizing my white privilege.

@Serotoninluv I'm not White. I'm an asian monkey. What are your White privileges? I envy your tenure privileges more than I do your White privileges.

1 hour ago, CreamCat said:

@Serotoninluv I'm not White. I'm an asian monkey. What are your White privileges? I envy your tenure privileges more than I do your White privileges.

Hahaha

It's Love.