MrDmitriiV

The Dark Side of Leo Gura

119 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Rilles said:

Jesus fucking christ, just focus on the inner work, who cares if chakras are true or not true, its irrelevant, what matters is if theres actually a YOU inside YOU! Go focus on that, everything else is just monkey monkey monkey to infinity. Your life is slipping away second by second while you sit here debating about a guy on youtube.

Very nice.  Here’s the best attitude I’ve found in dealing with personal development teachers — take what’s useful to you, leave what’s not.  I think of Jordan Peterson the same way.  Take what’s useful to me, leave what’s not.  

7 hours ago, 111111 said:

So everyone who is skeptic about your opinion is automatically stuck in stage Orange, locked into the materialist paradigm?

No, but this thread is a case of stage Orange not being able to see into higher stages because it is hung up on itself.

This has nothing to do with agreeing with my opinions. I don't care if you agree with me or disagree. I am just offering some guidance because I can see the trap you are stuck in. I have be stuck in that trap myself years ago.

The author of this post wrote in bold letters that """I do not mean to say that chakras don’t exist.""", yet people blame him as a stage Orange scientist because he is supposed to blindly believe what our dear cheerleader Leo said???

You keep making your misuse of skepticism about me. This issue has nothing to do with yoga or with me. It has to do with how you are misusing your mind, and then expecting others to prove things to you. This not how to seek truth.

Leave Leo out of the conversation. Leo should not even enter your mind as you go about seeking truth. What I believe is totally irrelevant. What matters is that you start to contemplate and self-reflect about your own behaviors and beliefs.

Believing me will advance you to truth. You must discover the validity of the guidance being given to you for yourself, through self-reflection and experimentation.

Doesn't someone deserve a decent explanation of why and how a practice works before investing time in it???

No.

You were given a far deeper lesson here. You were shown the limits of the Orange paradigm, but you insist on continuing to see the world from that level.

You are being taught to open your mind.

When you finally open your mind, you will stop demanding that people prove anything to you.

The irony is that your entire attitude is anti-scientific. True science is not about demanding proofs from people. True science is about openminded experimentation.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Doesn't someone deserve a decent explanation of why and how a practice works before investing time in it???

No.

You were given a far deeper lesson here. You were shown the limits of the Orange paradigm, but you insist on continuing to see the world from that level.

You are being taught to open your mind.

When you finally open your mind, you will stop demanding that people prove anything to you.

The irony is that your entire attitude is anti-scientific. True science is not about demanding proofs from people. True science is about openminded experimentation.

This made me laugh so hard)))

So if I tell you to smoke boiled potatoes for 1 year everyday: 

If you'll question this potato practice then I will say that you need to be "open-minded". 

If you'll ask me for an overview on HOW this potato technique might work, I will say that you need to stop have shit proven to you (just like you said to me). 

Or I will just label you as stage Orange, because you'll say smoking potatoes doesn't have a good "physical" impact.

Do you see the abusrdity??? Do you @Leo Gura see your DARK SIDE?

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

@MrDmitriiV Open-mindedness is not blind acceptance of whatever is thrown at you.
Open-mindedness is willingness to withhold judgments about things you find questionable.
Neither accepting, nor rejecting. It is about letting it stay open, unknown.

Not for the sake of proving or disproving them, or even trying them out.
It is for the sake of not letting your mind build a self-referential fortress of beliefs that reinforce each other to solid concrete.
If you let yourself be fortified like that, every little guest at your doorsteps will look like an army trying to tear your walls down.
It is not even about materialism really. You can fortify yourself in spirituality as well.

Why is it important that Leo has no dark side? Everybody has one, accept it. So do you.
It is something to embrace, not to reject. It's the back door to your castle that you can use to escape.

@Leo Gura give the guy a break.
He just made a racket on the forum with a flashy title and now you probably both feel cornered.
It's not your responsibility (unless you take it) to teach him how to live.
Nor it is mine to teach both of you, of course.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@MrDmitriiV No technique will get you there. It’s not to be found in the future or in any place. There is no place to go. It’s waking up right now. The vast majority of people cannot fully wake up in one moment, so we use these techniques to relax the mind and allow for mini awakenings, or insights. Yet, they always happen now.

Smoking a baked potato everyday with genuine humility to deepen your knowing of truth would be more beneficial than doing chakra work with a closed, stubborn mind. We are not building a bridge here. We are becoming aware of a conditioned mind and letting go, then letting go of more and more. There is then an expansion. If you resist expansion and cling and identify to contracted thoughts - you will stay contracted. 

If you are really serious about waking up, I suggest considering a psychedelic - it would blast through all these beliefs and identification with thoughts. But surrending for a mind clutching to logic, identity and beliefs can be quite unsettling.

On 8/9/2018 at 11:22 PM, Leo Gura said:

@MrDmitriiV Ahahaha....

Your self-righteous phony skepticism amuses me greatly.

I've been there man, I've been there...

Drop the need to have shit proven to you. That is a need of a weak and juvenile mind.

By your stupid logic no science could ever be done. Because proof only comes AFTER the expeirements are run. Never before.

If you don't want to take the risk of running an experiment and having it fail, then you're stuck. No science for you. No progress for you. You are just another sheep.

No one is asking you to believe anything. You are being told to run a serious experiment.

Yoga is an extremely advanced spiritual practice. It is not for closedminded stage Orange fools.

I warned you from the very beginning: RADICAL OPENMINDEDNESS!

PURGE THIS STAGE ORANGE HERETIC! :P

1 hour ago, MrDmitriiV said:

If you'll question this potato practice then I will say that you need to be "open-minded". 

If you'll ask me for an overview on HOW this potato technique might work, I will say that you need to stop have shit proven to you (just like you said to me). 

Or I will just label you as stage Orange, because you'll say smoking potatoes doesn't have a good "physical" impact.

If you did smoke boiled potatoes for 1 year every day and it would have revealed to you the nature of reality, how would you convince people of doing the same? What if you had no idea how or why it worked?

If you actually do smoke boiled potatoes for 1 year and get enlightened, I am sure you will sound like a madman trying to convince people to do the same. The problem is that only you know it worked, nobody else. Imagine if then someone came to you and asked for proof and told everyone around you it was absurd to have blind faith in that technique?

You think there is a clear path to discern between useful tools and useless garbage. You fail to see how difficult that process in actuality is and how in many ways it is a game of chance. If you would only trust what you knew to be true, or what you thought to be true, then you would not be able to operate in this world. Your mind seeks for certainty where there is uncertainty. You seek to know what you cannot know. All I can tell you is that it will do nothing but harm you, and all you can do is consider that I might be right and then seek the truth yourself.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

1 hour ago, MrDmitriiV said:

All knowledge is non-trivial, involving serious risk and investment of resources. Which is why science takes hundreds of years to make progress, with many dead ends.

Which is why you must choose how you invest your time very very wisely.

Unfortunately you seem to lack that wisdom, which is a rather problematic catch-22.

How do you convince a thirsty donkey to drink water if he keeps insisting the water is poison?

And so the donkey, thinking he has avoided a great danger, will end up dying of thirst.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, MrDmitriiV said:

strawman argument. there has only ever been like 3 people in all of human history that have achieved enlightenment through smoking potatoes and those where baked potatoes. while thousands have achieved enlightenment through chakra work. 

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All knowledge is non-trivial, involving serious risk and investment of resources. Which is why science takes hundreds of years to make progress, with many dead ends.

Which is why you must choose how you invest your time very very wisely.

Unfortunately you seem to lack that wisdom, which is a rather problematic catch-22.

How do you convince a thirsty donkey to drink water if he keeps insisting the water is poison?

And so the donkey, thinking he has avoided a great danger, will end up dying of thirst.

Instead of labeling someone stage Orange and calling it a day, maybe try addressing the issue??? It's not rocket since, you won't get anyone out of a stage by calling him (or comparing to) close-minded dumb donkey. That's exactly how stage Blue behaves, by showing that they have the bigger "intellectual penis" (as @FakeEnlightenment said). A true stage Torquise as Leo falsely labeled himself in his video, treats everyone with love and compassion.

Did you @Leo Gura try the boiled potato practice? Why NOT? Ah, you probably were too close minded! Drop the need to have shit proven to you, or I'll label you stage Orange in front of everyone!!! So go do the boiled potato technique, what "excuse" do you have?

If you weren't responding under the flashy "Leo Gura" nickname with the authoritarian "Administrator" word under it, your followers would've reacted different to this post.

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura

Aren't you clinging to your 5-Meo theory like some physicists to their theory that they can explain the universe with math? Isn't it kind of the same? ?

What are the benifits of clinging to this theory? Isn't it more important that you got there (to a point where you understand how things work and understand your own evil)? Wouldn't it be smarter if people come and ask you how you accomplished this instead of insisting that your way is the smartest/easiest way? Could it be that there are other ways? 

P.S. I'm not questioning that 5-Meo works.

Edited by Zweistein

@Leo Gura @stevegan928 @Scholar @tsuki @Joseph Maynor @ajasatya

Congratulation gentlemen, the purpose of this post has been succefully acomplished. From Leo's replies you can clearly see his "dark side" he very vigorously tries to hide from everyone, probably even from himself.

Also we can see 3 collective egos in this thread:

1st The Great Mass, hundreds of people who clicked and saw nothing their mind desired.

2nd Leo's followers, who will defend his opinion no matter what.

3rd The few ones who have seen things from a much deeper perspective then everyone else.

I myself thought Leo is truly stage torquise, but this thread made me doubt that.

Edited by MrDmitriiV

@MrDmitriiV Sigh...

Let's all celebrate the the fact that you just reinforced the assumption you had when creating this thread.

Horray! ?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki This post has been initially called "The Dark Side of Kriya Yoga", as some replies flew in, I started to see something much bigger develop in this post. There's even a reply "Ugh changed the title aye" if you don't believe me, me the "evil" guy who commits the unbelievable act of being skeptical. (Yeah you'll say it's the wrong skepticism lol)

So I had no initial "assumption" when creating this post, just wanted to clarify a question. Instead of helping with the question, Leo's dark side couldn't stop but vigorously show what a stage Orange fool I am for being skeptical of his holy opinion/advice. 

When someone asks Sadhguru a question, does he tell him/her that they're a stage Orange fool and that's the main problem?!

Open your eyes people... 

Edited by MrDmitriiV

23 minutes ago, MrDmitriiV said:

@tsuki This post has been initially called "The Dark Side of Kriya Yoga", as some replies flew in, I started to see something much bigger develop in this post. There's even a reply "Ugh changed the title aye" if you don't believe me, me the "evil" guy who commits the unbelievable act of being skeptical. (Yeah you'll say it's the wrong skepticism lol)

So I had no initial "assumption" when creating this post, just wanted to clarify a question. Instead of helping with the question, Leo's dark side couldn't stop but vigorously show what a stage Orange fool I am for being skeptical of his holy opinion/advice. 

When someone asks Sadhguru a question, does he tell him/her that they're a stage Orange fool and that's the main problem?!

Open your eyes people... 

37 minutes ago, MrDmitriiV said:

Congratulation gentlemen, the purpose of this post has been succefully acomplished. From Leo's replies you can clearly see his "dark side" he very vigorously tries to hide from everyone, probably even from himself.

Also we can see 3 collective egos in this thread:

1st The Great Mass, hundreds of people who clicked and saw nothing their mind desired.

2nd Leo's followers, who will defend his opinion no matter what.

3rd The few ones who have seen things from a much deeper perspective then everyone else.

I myself thought Leo is truly stage torquise, but this thread made me doubt that.

Isn't this a very masculine issue - competing who's dark side is weighing more? (Hehe, yeah, I'm in the middle of playing the same game here ;-)

@MrDmitriiV What is your goal here? To split the masses or unite them? Is this turquoise behavior?

@Zweistein My initial goal was to clarify a question, later I just wanted to show people that Leo isn't who everyone thinks he is. 

You see, I didn't just say (to myself) that Kriya Yoga is a bad idea, in fact I wanted people to help me clarify on how and why this practice may work. 

2 minutes ago, MrDmitriiV said:

@Zweistein My initial goal was to clarify a question, later I just wanted to show people that Leo isn't who everyone thinks he is. 

53 minutes ago, MrDmitriiV said:

Congratulation gentlemen, the purpose of this post has been succefully accomplished.

@MrDmitriiV

So did making this post help your personal development? What did you learn?

@Zweistein

YES! This post helped me understand the value of "intuition". 

Initially I just wanted to blindly follow Leo's advice because I trusted his judgement. But something deep inside me told me there's something fishy about this. I realized how blind I was. I realized the value of always remaining skeptic, especially of myself.

Im glad to see someone as kind and grounded as you @Zweistein

@MrDmitriiV Oh man, how do I care about you...

How about I show you just how much I really care by stroking your ego until you realize that we both enjoy it?
That is how the 'dark side' works. You both just had a great time proving yourselves right.