MrDmitriiV

The Dark Side of Leo Gura

119 posts in this topic

The BIG difference between meditation/psychedelics/self-inquiry and Kriya Yoga, is that the first 3 have been clearly defined and explained on how they work and how they help you to awaken. While with Kriya Yoga, people like Leo Gura just ask us to blindly believe that somehow it works.

Surely Leo, just tell us that "one more" blind belief won't hurt you or whatever.

There are hundreds of different practices, investing 1 year for each practice to see if it works is madness because these bodies don't live for hundreds of years to try them all and see which ones are the best. You can say that you can practice multiple practices at once, but how can you know that the benefits come directly from yoga practice and not from other practices???

I do not mean to say that chakras don’t exist.

However, there is no consensus on what they are, where they are located, how many there are , their colors, their meaning, or how to “balance them” (if such a thing is possible). But most importantly, Kriya Yoga practices just ask you to use your imagination and imagine that the chakras exist where charlatans pinpointed in their pictures, instead of perceiving reality as it is, without mind-filters (like imagination). 

And while there's no consensus on chakras, there is a long historical consensus on the ways of achieving awakening thru meditation and self-inquiry. For example Meditation (at least the concentration type) works thru silencing your mind to the point where there's no more mind, Psychedelics help you enter radical states of consciousness, Self-Inquiry works by making you realize that the label "I" is absurd. There's NO imagining, just looking at what's there without mind-filters (like beliefs).

The life of these bodies are short and can end anytime, so don't waste time blindly believing people you developed trust to (like Leo Gura). Because this is a guaranteed way to failure.

Edited by MrDmitriiV

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

I dont think you have to try it for a whole year to see if it works, give it a couple months maybe?

Chakras exists. You can prove it to yourself. And no they don't have actual colors or are physical things in your body, but there are energy centers which you can CLEARLY feel.

@MrDmitriiV meditation, psychedelics and self inquiry have not been clearly defined and explained at all. Probably they have, but only in your mind...! 

They are too complex to extract the exact way that they affect human psyche. Your pety interpretation of them is just imagination. 

As for kriya and chakras you don't have to waste a year of your life practising to understand there legitimacy. 2  weeks should be enough to see changes in your consciousness. 

Instead of wasting time arguing about the validity of kriya(which by the look of your post has consumed time and energy off you)  why don't examine it on your own. Come in a week or two and tell us again... 

@MrDmitriiV Ahahaha....

Your self-righteous phony skepticism amuses me greatly.

I've been there man, I've been there...

Drop the need to have shit proven to you. That is a need of a weak and juvenile mind.

By your stupid logic no science could ever be done. Because proof only comes AFTER the expeirements are run. Never before.

If you don't want to take the risk of running an experiment and having it fail, then you're stuck. No science for you. No progress for you. You are just another sheep.

No one is asking you to believe anything. You are being told to run a serious experiment.

Yoga is an extremely advanced spiritual practice. It is not for closedminded stage Orange fools.

I warned you from the very beginning: RADICAL OPENMINDEDNESS!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Is your monstrously sized 4 hour episode going to be uploaded today man? I'm sure everyone here is looking forward to it

@MrDmitriiV I have to agree with you Dimitri, there is no explanation or examples of what Chakras are and you are expected to just accept that they exist when people talk about them. If you already presuppose that they exist as energy fields around your body, then you will start to feel them in your awareness because that's what your looking for. After a while you will really feel like they are there and real because you've duped yourself into believing in them.

@FakeEnlightenment

Allow me to restate your logic back to you:

43 minutes ago, FakeEnlightenment said:

If you already presuppose that an external physical material reality exists, then you will start to feel that in your awareness because that's what your looking for. After a while you will really feel like it is there and real because you've duped yourself into believing in it.

And you will start to consider that chakras and other non-material phenomena are utterly impossible and illogical -- an affront to common sense.

And you might even get the bright idea to join a spirituality forum under the username: FakeEnlightenment, projecting your own delusion and confirmation bias onto others, your mind enslaved to a cancerous form of skepticism which doubts the very medicine which is necessary to cure you of that fallacious starting assumption.

Funny how the mind works, huh? ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@see_on_see @SgtPepper @Leo Gura @Esoteric @Pernani

i know that I'm a dellusioned creature, but:

12 hours ago, MrDmitriiV said:

There are hundreds of different practices, investing 1 year for each practice to see if it works is madness because these bodies don't live for hundreds of years to try them all and see which ones are the best. You can say that you can practice multiple practices at once, but how can you know that the benefits come directly from yoga practice and not from other practices???

ALSO it's a basic psychological phenomena for you to start imagining something is real after believing it really hard. So people might start feeling those chakras because they believed and imagined them for a lot of time.

Kriya Yoga may work or not, but it is surely shitty in nature.

Edited by MrDmitriiV

@Ero I know I believe that.

Didn't you see the sentence: 

6 minutes ago, MrDmitriiV said:

i know that I'm a dellusioned creature, but:

@Ero My goal is to get out of illusions, not to attain more of them.

@Ero Surprise Surprise I'm not enlightened! If I were I wouldn't be here.

I am trying to drop those behaviors. But again read what I already told:

4 minutes ago, MrDmitriiV said:

My goal is to get out of illusions, not to attain more of them.

@MrDmitriiV Everyone's path is different. Lots of people get awakened even without meditating much, practicing yoga, knowing about chakras, taking psychedelics, etc. Use other's teachings as suggestions, not requirements. I personally had the shift while self-inquiring guided by Leo in his Creating an Experience of No-self video and never had to do/try anything else after that. 

@Malelekakis I did read a book recommended by Leo and done a few practices.

The practices asked me to use imagination to imagine chakras and imagine moving them. WHICH I DID. But I couldn't help but notice that the feeling I got was a result of imagination not chakras.

Edited by MrDmitriiV

50 minutes ago, MrDmitriiV said:

but it is surely shitty in nature

awesome conclusion

i bet that you came to that conclusion either through direct experience or empirically 

You might as well not try anything in life then? “Go to the Himalayas, it’s beautiful!” “AM I SUPPOSED TO BLINDLY BELIEVE THAT? YOU HAVE NO PROOF! IM NOT GONNA WASTE TWO WEEKS OF MY LIFE ON SOMETHING I CANT BE SURE OF IS TRUE!” xD

You dont have to hold beliefs so tightly, the truth is that are a lot of things that you don’t know but you think you do, like that there is space outside of earth, you never seen space but you believe in it, its equally foolish isn’t it?

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Leo Gura

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@FakeEnlightenment

Allow me to restate your logic back to you:

Funny how the mind works, huh? ;)

Wow, great job at twisting what I said into what you think I said and meant, and putting what you wrote into a quote box with my name. Did I say Chakras and non-material phenomena were impossible? Just said that there is no good explanation as to what they are or examples... Oh and i love the part about me projecting my delusions just because I picked a username. Get real man... For someone who preaches non-judgement and not to make assumptions, I would expect more of you. Guess my mind is just too enslaved in skepticism lmao

@MrDmitriiV I understand where you are coming from and I'm still 30% in the same boat but I'm a bit further than you, here are some things that will hopefully help you.

1. Look at Wim Hof, he does supernatural stuff through yoga exercises so it cant be complete bullshit.

2. There are findings in neuroscience that the brains of Yoga practitioners are different.

3. Dont think of chakras as physical things that either exist or not. Think of them as helpful concepts. Does a rectangle "exist"?

Edited by MM1988

@MM1988

1. There are findings in neuroscience that the brains of Heroin addicts are different.

So should we do heroin because they are "different"?

2. I don't need anymore concepts, most people have too many concepts already

I'll look at Wim Hof.