PhilGR

I need help , I might went overboard

12 posts in this topic

Hello everybody , I am not for very long in this forum but in the last weeks it has become to me a habit to come and chek,it actually help me to focus on self-actualization.

But recently I had a problem , I was so enthusiastic about all the new concepts and start telling about meditation, and BE-ing ,and all of these to a few close people (like my mother,my girlfriend, my  best friend )they are a little more open minded than other people, to listen about this stuff ,but I think I went overboard ,I was constantly sending them insights from leo's videos or advices from the forum , and also I really try to explain much deeper to my girlfriend about Truth and what my goals are(spiritual goals) , and at the end I got a little bit of rejection ,she told that all this stuff is pseudoscientific ,dont actually help, and I must wake up and really  see what's happening to me before I do something crazy and lose direction of my "actuall life".So instead of get them questioning about reallity they get me questioning about Actualized.org. I am a teenager you see  people around me feel that I might f have the wrong incentives from the wrong people some times and start dogmatizing concepts because of overexcitement.

I really don't know what to do , I am really frustrated about all this and I feel lost. I think I need my ground my ass down and focus more on life purpose , career and my future ( I feel grounded and confident there) and also how to be a better person  , not so spiritual yet. From now on I will keep my beliefs and strategies for myself . Everything is coming from direct experience right?

So tell me please some of your honest opinions , we are still humans at the end .

Also if I get into philosophy will help me now or keep it for later on?

@PhilGR you don't talk about that! Especially in a Greek family when you are teenager. They are overprotective. 

I am 31 and I just came back from a 5 day solo meditation retreat and also fasting. I am a  vegan. All these actions still trigger my blue/orange family , but I have my job now, my house , I am independent they have no power on me.

You have a long road ahead  of you to stop and explain in everyone is slowing you down . Also please check the fact that maybe you speak to people like you try to convince yourself of how amazing is. The truth is that is not amazing. It is meaningless.

At the end you become nihilistic, do you understand that right?

My friend the best thing you can do is take it easy and remember you have enough time. Of course, some would say really you don't have that much time, but, it is a good way to think when you are overloaded with information. Just focus on a couple of areas at a time and not on all of them at once. There is no rush here, as that only puts too much pressure on yourself and does not help you much. I say this because I personally understand what you mean when you want to constantly share these topics with relatives/friends, it was the same for me. I had to find a balance between what to share and when to share, what not to share and when not to share, if you catch my drift. Understand also that is is a common belief that this "path" towards a more holistic mind is a lonely one. Of course you got this forum, though, so try sticking to that more than people around you as they might misinterpret. Don't worry man, over the years you will be able to place your knowledge perfectly, and also be able to word yourself better towards people around you. Both mystics and top scientists struggled with this too, as people simply would not want to listen to them unless they manage to bring their message in an understandable "within boundaries" way. This is something you will learn over time, just look at Leo's videos. His explanation of topics has become much better. Same goes for emotional control. So one last word, whenever you feel overloaded, take a couple of very deep breaths (sounds cliché I know, but it helps,) and think clearly to yourself: What will I do with this information at this moment?

Sometimes it is better to just think about something for a while before sharing it.

Hope some of this can help you!

@Sven That was REALLY helpful , thank you a lot!

@George Fil For sure I have long road ahead , so I should enjoy the trip. :) Calm and easy

@PhilGR

When you explore "out of the box", you have to expect that people are going to resist and not understand it. So a big thing that I care about is relate-ability and being able to speak the language of whoever I'm talking to.

For instance, when I'm with my friends who like to party, I'm not going to start talking about mystical experiences and self-actualization. I'm going to talk about how dope Travis Scott's new album is. When I'm with big CEOs, I'm going to talk about social media marketing and systems building. When I'm with my spiritual friends, were going to talk meditation and psychedelics.

You want to think of yourself like this ultimate chameleon. Any environment you go into, you can just blend right in.

It's not being fake or inauthentic. It's understanding social context.

So if you girlfriend and family don't understand self-actualization, drop it. And find friends who DO get it and who you can speak with.

6 minutes ago, aurum said:

When you explore "out of the box", you have to expect that people are going to resist and not understand it. So a big thing that I care about is relate-ability and being able to speak the language of whoever I'm talking to.

For instance, when I'm with my friends who like to party, I'm not going to start talking about mystical experiences and self-actualization. I'm going to talk about how dope Travis Scott's new album is. When I'm with big CEOs, I'm going to talk about social media marketing and systems building. When I'm with my spiritual friends, were going to talk meditation and psychedelics.

I really couldn't put it much better than that.

I do have a similar issue to you@PhilGR. I totally get it. All these grand exciting goals for enlightenment, discovering the truth, etc. and wanting to share it with others since they too are also asleep... Don't forget though... YOU TOO ARE ASLEEP. So from there, be more concerned about YOU getting to the absolute truth. Don't worry about them in terms of sharing these insights. If they're not open, they're not open and you being a newb in this work (as am I so I don't say that as a put-down) have no real authority but more importantly, the embodiment of these truths to really do much convincing. 

This going around and talking about all these "insights" right now for you is just going to hurt you and is just huge a distraction. Don't conceptualize this stuff that much. You have your motive, great! Now get to work. Also, understand that these insights you're sharing aren't genuine. They may sound true or whatever but you have to get first that you don't actually know if it's true and also what's actually true. Also, I find talking about this stuff with other people causes a decay in my own integrity because of the fact that when I share these "insights" they're still not genuine so really it's just me bullshitting other people and also myself. 

Listen to what @aurum said though. You're going to function A LOT better if you take that advice and you're actually going to see how that relates to becoming a Spiral Dynamics wizard down the road because you'll have the ability to communicate to people at other stages. 

Everyone in early stages on spiritual path goes trough this, you find all information so exciting and useful that you wan't everyone to know It, but after while you will understand that It's pointless, everyone thinks from their level of perception. Sure you can give some tips and insights, but don't overdo It because rarely anyone can handle any kind of information about spirituality. Even worse, they will think that you are into some weird religious fairy tale stuff and that might actually damage your personal life. Going trough awakening proccess is opposite of what most people are doing so don't expect anyone to relate. I would say this path must be walked alone until you are able to integrate your knowledge and new way of thinking into this illusionary society otherwise you will turn yourself into outcast.

I think every self actualizers journey start like this we hear cool stuffs and now want shove in someones throat things we learned. Then rejection comes and we get desperate and then some are confused and lost. Best thing is learn more practise more and ignore tendency to educate. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I went way overboard too, whenI went through the depression phase of this work my so called friends kept asking if I was going to go to church. Some have started spreading stuff saying i have gone crazy. It is a pretty lonely road. 

I love @aurum 's post. I will do this and just have fun with it. 

Edited by Athena

On 8/9/2018 at 2:42 PM, PhilGR said:

So instead of get them questioning about reallity they get me questioning about Actualized.org

Yeah, you have to deliver truth on the right level so  the knowledge it is useful to them.  No wonder that they can't value that if you kick randomly different things in rapid speed. But I think also it is true that one has to questioning everything - even what you learned at this website. I can't stress that enough..

I would think about how you can integrate your knowledge without alienating people close to you... I would not make a big thing out of awakening.. except you want to be a public figure or something... After all --  if you are right, then people will come and ask questions by themself

Edited by supremeyingyang

On 8/10/2018 at 4:30 AM, aurum said:

@PhilGR

You want to think of yourself like this ultimate chameleon. Any environment you go into, you can just blend right in.

It's not being fake or inauthentic. It's understanding social context.

So if you girlfriend and family don't understand self-actualization, drop it. And find friends who DO get it and who you can speak with.

Haha exactly what I do. 

OP, you also gotta understand that your girlfriend, mother, and friends are missing the context behind those quotes and advice. My parents say the same stuff to me if I start talking about meditation. It's alright.

The key is to find a balance between self-actualizing and career goals. It is totally doable. 

I don't think there is such a thing as starting too early on philosophy or meditation or anything. DO them if it is a true interest inside of you, but also keep up your school grades because learning about the external world and human society is just as important in order to thrive. It will open your mind. 

FIND BALANCE.