Kazman

Stomach reactions when going back to dairy after 10 days of veganism

7 posts in this topic

Sorry for the long title, I couldn’t come up with anything shorter.

As it says, I got a stomach reaction (diarrea) when going back to dairy after 10 days of veganism.

is this normal? Is it just a coincidence? Does this mean I’m extra sensitive towards milk? I’ve noticed sometimes when I’ve quit bread for a long time that the reaction is stronger when I start eating it again (tiredness, foggyheadedness), so is this something similar?

I don’t know that much about how these things affext the body, would be great to hear some explanations from people

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

Diarrhoea would be more of an intestinal reaction. Where in the body do you feel the discomfort? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

No discomfort

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

You probably have mild intollerance to lactose or casein or maybe something else in the milk. This is causing a lot of irritation and intestinal spasms -> hence the diarrhoea. It is very common problem these days with all the pasteurised milk. Probably best to replace it by plant milk so that you don't end up with leaky gut or IBD/IBS due to constant irritation. 

Also make sure to replace electrolytes if the diarrhoea is particularly heavy. Things like celery & carrot juice are good or there are electrolyte drinks available. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

This also happened to me, once i detoxed my body i couldn't go back to the way i used to eat or i felt very ill and almost died a few times. We become so used to the stuff we grew up on that the body develops an adaptation mechanism for survival but that doesn't mean we are thriving.

Once you clean and detox you will naturally find out what you are designed for and what you simply have adapted to.

B R E A T H E

On 9.8.2018 at 5:39 PM, pluto said:

This also happened to me, once i detoxed my body i couldn't go back to the way i used to eat or i felt very ill and almost died a few times. We become so used to the stuff we grew up on that the body develops an adaptation mechanism for survival but that doesn't mean we are thriving.

Once you clean and detox you will naturally find out what you are designed for and what you simply have adapted to.

Yeah, I experienced exactly the same.

I think your body just wants to tell you that you should stop eating/drinking that bs :P