non_nothing

Developing the "REAL" doing nothing technique

124 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Feel Good said:

Maybe it is worth pointing out that the loop of thinking itself can't be seen unless there is complete attention on the breath.

Maybe, maybe not. ??‍♂️

Is that like applying conscious attention as a focal point?

Is that a movement of thought to exclude everything else? Is there choosing as the chooser type of action being activated? 

Otherwise there is just intellectualizing 'about' thinking.

As I see it, we can see only see the movement of thought holistically when this exclusion, choosing, dissecting or (breaking things into pieces ends). Until then we understand verbally-intellectually. It’s quite apparent and obvious to me that understanding and acting in accordance to this verbal-intellectual understanding is the equivalent to focusing on the breath. Both are movements of thought. They both are movements of exclusion, because they both are movements of thought-thinker. The thinker will divide, fragment, seperate things into pieces.

To focus on the breath is just another movement of foused attention, (control) or (fragmentation) of thought. This is a subtle trick that we play with ourselves. A self deception and expression that we are still caught in duality. It is ultimately a nourisher of division in the falsity that the experiencer is distinct from that which is experiences. 

An incomplete action of volition-fragmentation, which implies desire,(mechanical movement of thought). Action influenced by the notion that I am seperate from that which I apply “MY” attention. 

Thinking itself has to be seen as a whole process of futility like a dog chasing it's tail. 

Have you gone into the nature of thought yet? Also its relationship psychologically(psychological time)? 

This total observation will have the effect of a dog chasing its own tail until we see the whole it all. If we are seeking security in this psychological time, “do-nothing”, will be a disguised doing. So if you are still bound up by time I would go into thought very deeply first. We must start with fear first. 

For me one day out of the blue, I saw the futility in the pursuit of psychological time, and in that SEEING, ended that endless loop of conflict. After that understanding-seeing the whole of thought was simple. This seems to be because I didn’t have this motive to escape the fact, as in; seek shelter in the movement of thought. Once that seeking psychological security in time ended, this false division between the thinker and the thought was so apparent. I had never read anything about any of this, it just happened one day. There was a complete understanding of the consequences of escaping what is to what should be. At that moment there was psychological freedom. 

For me psychological time ended first, then I went into thought. For some this may not be the case. I would go into the nature of thought and how all its contents actually relate as one unitary movement.

AGAIN!...Start with understanding thought-self first, which is one and the same movement of fear. 

Also explore how all of that relates to psychological movement as you observe inward. 

Edited by Faceless

@Feel Good Start nearer to home with seeing understanding the whole of time(thought and its movement as the i). 

This pursuit of reward, or “enlightenment”, is going to prevent the necessary freedom to go into all this. Be aware of that as well. 

Edited by Faceless

14 hours ago, Faceless said:

Great way to live, friend??

You got that right dude:D

@Feel Good

if you go into thought-self and it’s nature you will see that focusing on the breath is a movement of exclusion. Applied focus on the breath inevitably prevents whole attention. 

8 hours ago, Feel Good said:

But you're saying this is not the same as what yore suggesting ? 

No, this would fall under concentrated meditation or focused attention. An implication of volition-intention-fragmentation. 

But explore that on your own as well. See for yourself. 

Edited by Faceless