non_nothing

Developing the "REAL" doing nothing technique

124 posts in this topic

Implies a non-holistic understanding of thought-self movement. 

Holisitc understanding of thought-self allows for a unitary, effortless, and simplistic awareness of the movement of psychological becoming.

This movement of psychological becoming (movement of fear evading itself), nourishes division-duality between the thinker and what it thinks. 

Which will project that dualistic incomplete movement (positive-negative)action that causes perpetuation of identification and the arising of compulsive thinking. 

Edited by Faceless

2 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Holisitc understanding of thought-self allows for a unitary, effortless, and simplistic awareness of the movement of psychological becoming.

To recognize positive action(fear) in movement in all its subtle forms that are disguised by “apparently” being distinct-seperate from fear. 

15 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Same movement of innatention which influences incomplete action, which further nourishes the false division between the experiencer and the experience. 

And the ego/self-image elevates the inattention in meditation above the inattention of normal daily life.  "Spiritual materialism" in action.

Edited by robdl

2 minutes ago, robdl said:

And the ego/self-image elevates the inattention of meditation above the inattention of normal daily life.

Definitely.. because it projects choice- (conditioned movement) reaction-action. 

To accept or condemn according to bias-prejudice in the pursuit of gaining psychological security in the image 

Edited by Faceless

9 hours ago, robdl said:

And the ego/self-image elevates the inattention in meditation above the inattention of normal daily life.  "Spiritual materialism" in action.

Ah I see, you mean we treat meditation as being separate from everyday life. Oh yes

To set time aside to be aware. Lol...Subtle form of control, exclusion, indeed. Routine set to escape, self sooth the psyche. 

Thought seeks security-feeds off of routine, anticipation of schedule, familiarity. 

Another example of the self perpetuating loop ⭕️

Edited by Faceless

@Feel Good Man, you've grown.
I'm proud of you.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

11 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

Wholistic perception? 

To see the whole play as "I" 

Indeed??

Whole undivided (attention-awareness), doesn’t exclude, fragment, divide. 

The fragment can never see the whole.

Only the whole can see all the “apparent” seperate and distinct parts, as actually being one unitary movement of time, as the drama... (the  i), 

Edited by Faceless

41 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

So, I create an expectation and when it's not met I blame apparent others and I tries to make some thing happen to get that expectation met. Which causes suffering. 

How to dissolve suffering?

Realize that I was the one who created the expectation?

I is responsible for creating I's own misery?

What happens to expectation when it is seen as I?

I meant..

The fragment,  (the i), can never see the whole of “i”. 

Only (whole perception) can see all the “apparent” seperate and distinct parts of thought as the self as actually being one unitary movement of time, as the drama... (the  i), 

Edited by Faceless

7 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

Fair enough

I am probably never going to get it. Maybe I'm too egotistical like Leo says 

Says the fragment :)

your doing great??

Dont let measure-thought distort and distract. 

1 hour ago, Feel Good said:

So, I create an expectation

Indeed. Fear trying to escape itself creates expectation and creates the image(abstraction) and pursues that. The conflict comes in the hope,(psychological time), that attaining that abstraction will end the fear in movement. 

Conflict comes when the self, (being a fragment of thought), seeks security in thought-time(psychological becoming).

This implies action has been influenced by the notion that the entity is seperate from thought. 

Conflict (ALAWAYS) follows when there is this division. 

Any action that is product of division will continue to fragment over and over again,a perpetually sequence splitting itself off, and fragmenting a new pattern of separation. Dividing endlessly. 

Edited by Faceless

Maybe our friend @robdl will also contribute some other connections to this. Help form a more unified whole (understanding),  for us to all observe. 

Edited by Faceless

Spiral dynamics has nothing to do with anything friend.

Red, blue, brown, pink, burgundy, who gives a rats ass.?

You don’t need any of it. It’s a big self perpetuation of (measure), abstraction, and comparison. I would totally ignore that if i were you. It’s nothing but waste, if you ask me of course. 

The way I see it cultivation-progression, (the step by step gradual advancement)  is a positive manifestation of self-thought. Only suffering comes with that. 

And don’t worry about other people man. Do what you do??

Edited by Faceless

Take a break from the forum if you need. Real holistic understanding-awareness comes in daily life-relationship. 

When you listen to other people, instead of worrying about what they say, use that interaction to observe the responses you have in that interaction. 

(Attantion to innatention). 

If you find yourself reacting to what they say “you” (fear), are trying to evade yourself,(fear). That means you were not being attentive of innatention. 

Dont try to be attentive, just be aware that you are not, and stay with the fact.  That is fairly simple, you will see.:)

Edited by Faceless

32 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

I thought I got it the other day but obviously that was just my imagination because it didn't work I'm still suffering. 

@Feel Good Don't worry, keep working at it.
The moment you think you 'get it', or that you think you're 'enlightened' is the moment you lose it.
That's just the nature of it. The best thing I noticed is to simply let it go. Surrender it, with full responsibility that it may leave, never to be seen again.

It may be 'gone' for weeks, or even months, but it will come back if you're open for it.

The other thing is that 'unpleasantness' is never gone, but suffering is.
So is your ego. It is still there, but at least you can see it clearly.

And when others call you names, remember that external judgments about your enlightenment are projections.
Either theirs, or yours. Use it as an opportunity to surrender your suffering.
It does not imply doing anything in particular (not even stopping yourself from responding to trolls).
Just observe yourself. Quietly. That's all.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

So if for example Adyashanti, Mooji or any of those guys think they get it or think they are enlightened then they suddenly are not enlightened anymore?

@Mikael89 It's not that simple. Talking about enlightenment is tricky, as I do not understand it fully (hopefully!).
It is a first-person perspective thing. You can say various things about it with full awareness that you have no clue what you are talking about.
That, or you can recognize enlightenment in everybody, even everyday people. You have surely heard the phrase that we're all enlightened but we just don't know it.

The moment you define it, it becomes something else.
At least the thing I that experience as enlightenment.

On 10.08.2018 at 11:54 PM, Faceless said:

We can say that any applied technique implies a doing (thought-thinker) right?

A technique is a way of doing something. Doing nothing is a way of meditation. Is doing nothing a technique?

On 11.08.2018 at 0:26 AM, robdl said:

So a "do-nothing" meditation where one is completely lost in thought would actually epitomize "doing."

Is that a free will? Do you choose to get lost in monkey chatter or does that happen to you? If that happens to you then is that a doing?

@Privet I have been on a daily basis observing inward movement of myself.

59 minutes ago, Privet said:

you choose to get lost in monkey chatter or does that happen to you? If that happens to you then is that a doing?

It seems to be a reaction of choosing. It happens to you because you choose. Only you are not sure that you choose. We choose without noticing it seems like. 

Edited by Jack River