Alfie

Should a 16 year old buy the Life Purpose Course (and the book list)?

14 posts in this topic

Just interested in your opinions on the book list and the Life Purpose Course. 

I'm only 16 so, as you can imagine, I don't have loads of money (probably a few hundred pounds saved up) and I'm wondering whether it is worth me buying the book list and the life purpose course or if I should wait a couple of years (particularly for the life purpose course) in order to save up a bit more money.

Do you wish you had bought it at my age or am I better off waiting a bit longer and saving up a bit more?

Did you find the book list to be helpful and worth the money? 

I'm pretty sure I will buy the book list but it just seems like quite a bit of money without actually getting any of the books themselves. I think if 2 or 3 books were included within the price then it would be an instant buy. I think that the Life Purpose course would be a good investment but I am just unsure if it is a bit too early for me to be making a purchase like this.

Really interested to hear of your experience with either of the 2 and I would appreciate any replies. :) 

you can always find pdfs of books through torrenting. just saying 

Edited by thehero

I don't know how much cost the book list, since I bough it long time ago and the price keep getting higher as new books are added.

How much does it cost these days ?

I would go for the life-purpose course first, since it include a a dozen of books already (which are in the book list too).

When I mean "include" it's just titles of the books. Most of them are free on the internet, like @thehero said.

I think the book list is way too much information, it's hundred of books and I don't know which one to choose, at least the life-purpose course gives some guidelines.

It's maybe a bit early for you to go through the life-purpose course, you may not digest everything but one the other hand it could set the right foundation for you : so the sooner the better.

I've done it 3 years ago, and I'd like to go through a second pass, when it will be time (this shit is evolving, it takes years).

Keep in mind that most Leo's videos are free, and by watching his videos and taking action, you'll have massive growth anyway.

I don't know you at all, but based on your age, I don't think it'd be smart to get the book list or life purpose course now. I've done both of them. You need more life experience to really understand what these books are referring to when they talk about business or relationships or personal development or whatever. If you read them without the experience, you'll either not have a damn clue what they're talking about or just dogmatically believe the book. And, right now, you're just starting to think about if college is the right option and which one to go to, let alone what to pursue for the rest of your life. I'd get the life purpose course if you've contemplated what your life-purpose should be for 100s of hours and still don't have an answer

I bought them both one year ago when I was 17. For me they are very much worth it.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Life purpose course should be implemented in schools for teens od 16 age, is the perfect time. But this will never happen because the capitalist "system" would collapse. Elites dont want happy people that works on what they love.

They want dissatisfied people working long hours, that the perfect consumist, le shorter the leisure time the more consumes on enterteinment, food alcohol, expensive cars, vacations....

Edited by Moreira

I know people have already said this, but I just want to emphasize that you can 100% find FREE pdfs of these books online. Just type in the title of the book and the author followed by "pdf" in the google search bar. Usually it's the first link that pops up. I have read dozens of self help books this way, saves TONS of money. The only benefit to buying the real book would be 1) to support the author and 2) to reduce stress on your eyes (the latter especially, because I personally spend a little too much time looking at a screen, so it doesn't help that reading for me also uses screens).

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

I would say that the book list is well worth the money. Today there are literally millions of sources of information. It's just so difficult to filter everything correctly. Read the 5/5 books on the list - they're the most practical, usually with lots of exercises to get traction. Also it would help very much if you educate yourself in the basics of nearly all subjects. This will help you understand the books better e.g. the author might be talking about fundamentalism and if you don't really know what fundamentalism is you won't get much value out of the book. I recommend this YT channel for this: https://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse/playlists?view=1&sort=dd&shelf_id=0 I watched the playlists about economics and philosophy and they really cleared things up for me. (I am not advertising. I just really like their content.)

About the LP course. I recommend first getting more experience first. Try out a lot of new things e.g. writing, rap, fitness, swimming, chess, parkour, programming, reading / watching new types of books / articles / videos etc. The more experience you have --> the more you'll know what you like / dislike and what you're good / not so good at --> the more traction you will get with the LP course.

Everyone should buy the book list and life purpose course. To me it is a common sense decision, as long as you aren't super low on money. The life purpose course isn't too cheap.

yes, but focus on it and do as it tells you, take it with a seriousness that you have never experienced before 

Of course! You'll be ahead of 99% of people your age, because very few actually take the time to strategize their life. 

I haven't bought the life purpose course yet, but I can tell that even if you only get the booklist will already help you a lot. 

Imagine how deep your understanding of all facets of life will be if, say, you read one book from the list per month. Think about how much wisdom will add up if you keep a habit like that for 5, 10, 20 years... Big-picture thinking, my friend... 

The LP course is certainly worth it.

The book list, I don't know. I think in high school you can as well follow a lot of the suggestions from your literature or philosophy class, supplement by books mentioned in the course and books that people recommend in the review forum section etc. You can read fiction and non-fiction, drama, myths, biographies, poetry, philosophers, self-help books, diaries...  Just get diversity, it's not important to read the exact same sources as Leo, it's much more important to get a diverse overview, to read enough so that you can later tell "ah, this is deep and this is crap".

Literature is thought for a reason. These are works of art that people find or have found profound. You'll miss out on non-duality, but you still get deep.

Edited by Elisabeth

@Alfie i would be infinitely grateful if i discovered someone like Leo and his work at 16!

from my point of view, you should go for a book list, can't tell anything about LP course since i haven't yet participated...

you should probably try to avoid some really mind-f-ing stuff from this list though, since your psyche is still sensitive, start with some social skills and business oriented books...these will never hurt anybody (and i believe free versions of these books are easier to find) but help you understand society and how it works, which is useful at any age.