Stoica Doru

Why does ego backlash really happen

2 posts in this topic

Ego backlash is represented by a relapse from our disciplined rutine and a return to some old dysfunctional behavioral patterns. I had one of these backlashes during these last days and once it was over I found out that a part of myself was trying to mentain its homeostasis, due to some heavy integration I've done recently and because of the fact that I was forced to break a very important friendship to me, which was more stopping my expansion rather than increasing it. It said that parts of us, not long before they're integrated into our counciousness, fight back heroically, knowing that their mark will disappear soon enough due to the development and autocontrol we're acquiring.
Basically, what we're calling an ego backlash it's a part's of us last stand in the front of the unknown we're plunging into. The actions it later makes you take are a way of reminding you that you could live the old way, but it also knows that these intentions are futile, as we are evolving way beyond addictions.

So feel proud if you've fallen into the darkness, because that's where you'll integrate most of your shadow, not in the comfortable non-dual equilibrium. Just love yourself and your loose ends and you'll see that this process will only make you the God on Earth you've been sent here to be. 

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

I think ego backlash is either coming in because you're doing things for the wrong reasons or to slow down your progress so that you won't be overwhelmed, as it is an emotion that generally blocks things from awareness.