Cortex

"To be alive is to be selfish"

41 posts in this topic

So what is the point of enlightenment,  it will just limit your survival abilities, and to survive and to live and get the most pleasure from live requires great ego and will to be the best and squeeze the most out of live, I will be enlightened for billions of years after my body dies, therefore I don't see the point in wanting to be enlightened, If I have this 100 of years of live to maximise my pleasure then that is what my life should be about,  myself and my physical and mental pleasure and happiness and joy and feeding my Ego with the best supplies humanly  possible 

It's not like you can just say "hey I think I choose to become enlightened!" It's not really a choice. If you're on the path, you're on the path. so in a way you're right, "wanting" to become enlightened for the sake of the accomplishment is not only foolishness, it shows that you're not ready for it and that's totally fine 

Enlightenment is ultimately the most hedonistic path you can take

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

enlightenment is the dumbest idea!

go spend your time buying stuff and having sex with several partners instead. eventually, if you're dedicated enough, it will certainly satisfy you completely.

someday you'll be praised and then your victory will be achieved. what a life worth living! someday it will happen!

unborn Truth

1 hour ago, Cortex said:

If I have this 100 of years of live to maximise my pleasure then that is what my life should be about,  myself and my physical and mental pleasure and happiness and joy and feeding my Ego with the best supplies humanly  possible 

Nice idea! About $75,000 a year can make anyone happy but I don't want to work.

@ajasatya you saying buying stuff and having sex will satisy you completely?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

3 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@ajasatya you saying buying stuff and having sex will satisy you completely?

sure thing. i did it on my past incarnation.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya who cares what you did,idk if you are trolling but buying stuff and sex cant fullfill you ever...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

6 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@ajasatya who cares what you did,idk if you are trolling but buying stuff and sex cant fullfill you ever...

There is like a 99.99999% chance he was using sarcasm.

Grace

@Ero Can someone PLEASE explain to me WTF enlightenment is then in a in clear succinct way. Before I came across this concept i was feeling unbelieveably amazing every day living in the moment and doing pretty much whatever i felt like each second then i stated noticing all these weird things happening like syncronicites etc almost like reality was cuing my preferences for me. I would think something and it would appear in some way, or I'd meet a person who liked all the same stuff as me. I was also having all these mystical experiences like percieving reality as a vibrating field and perciving energies and stuff that would seem paranormal It was crazy so I started researching the law of attraction, spirituality, vibrations then eventually enlightenment. Then I started on this forum and now I am just confused and stressed all the time thinking that i'm not supposed to be happy and that i'm supposed to suppress myself and disengage with life and just sit there all day in discipline and become a solpsist with no identity and reach stage turqiose. I am now just constantly confused. Please WTF is Enlightenment.

and i was extrmely selfish. i was probably the most selfish person you'd ever meet. I only cared about my own personal hapiness which pretty much involved riding around the city on my bike going to the park, listing to my favorite music and talking to random people and reading books at the library, accumulating as many mystical experiences as i could, and drinking lots of coffee. I cared zero about anyone else, i thought zero about anyone else. I was in my own fantasy world, it was amazing. Again now i am just stressed and confused.

and enlightenment seemed interesting, so before i say fuck it and give it up and go back to doing what i described which was generally whatever i felt like doing at each moment which felt amazing 24/7 , i would like a clear succinct definition of WTF this actually is. Leos is very conceptual and I do not understand. Also It differs greatly from Sadhgurus and others which i heard in a video which sounds like a state. Leo said its not a state. and Hawkins says something completely different also, its vibration. In that case I was way closer before.

Edited by 11modal11

@11modal11 also wtf "stage" would this behavior even be? red? going for mystical experiences and favorite choices of life to indulge in every day?

I had exhibited both orange and green in hs, so is it even possible to revert to red without reach stage 2?

Edited by 11modal11

@MiracleMan hahah i hope it is...@11modal11 Enlightement is finding who you truly are not what you think right now that you are body and your thoughts(your name etc)if you are happy then everything is ok but i have yet to find someone truly happy with an ego..

It's you.

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf dude i learned about ego when i was like 12, anyone who thinks they "Are" their stories is a moron. And obviously i didnt think i was ONLY my body/mind if i was having mystical experiences like i described - clearly something more is going on. But even after your post i still dont get it.  I get oh yeah everything is god, ok yeah obviosuly, and clearly from direct experience i have some metaphysical stuff going on, but WTF is enlightenment Leo says it is none of that, Sadguru describes an experience, Hawkins says its vibration. 

No one has the seemingly same definition for this, and all these seeming rules and posts on here just make me confused and stressed esp when spiral ddynamics comes into play, what stage would my behavior even be again? and most importantly again WTF is enlightenment in a clear succinct way?

@NoSelfSelf and if you define "Ego" as any sense of self whatsoever, how can you say "I" how can even type this post? "no self self" that doens't even make sense - your identifying with a negative, that is still an identity. and if you identify with everything than your ego or identiy is "everything" When i try to remove all sense of self i do not feel happy, i feel extremely confused, stressed and like a solipsist and I cant talk to anyone. Like a dumb mute. That is not happiness to me.  

Edited by 11modal11

@11modal11 i told you enlightement is a label to point to yourself when you understand what and who you are then thats enlightement

It's you.

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf You're not saying anything...i still dont understand...a label to point to who i am? what am i pointing to? why is this definition of what an who i am better than any other that sounds like unelightenment. enlightenment sound like some arbitrary label for who i am. why would that be me automatically as opposed to anything else? your description is contradictory it doesn't make any sense.

Edited by 11modal11

also what is an ego? and if you say its not real, then no one has an ego, so you cant even say youve met someone with an ego so your other statement is invalid, and if you say they only believe they have an ego but its not real. then who is they and how can they be a they and you be a you, and why is your definition of real correct? why isnt an ego real then, if one can say they are the arbiter of real then anything can be real or not real depending on perspective, but whos perspective if no one allegedly?

Edited by 11modal11