Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobbyLowell

Good enough

9 posts in this topic

Hi. i cannot get it out of my head that some of MY friends were telling me(basically, not like saying the actual words) that I wasnt good enough for a guy because he looks really good. I know I am, I dont do anything I consider morally wrong and i live out my values. I did have  a lot of anxierty that made me really bad at conversations and wasnt caring about how i looked that much. but those are better and I am good now. I am eating well, exercising, dressing as I know best to my style, my conversation anxiety has gone way and I am not bad anymore. BUT I havent been able to get those voices out. I already do the "I am completely independent of the positive or negative opinions of other people" 60 mins a day... Things didnt work out with him but i know i am more than GOOD ENOUGH. I always have self doubt about good enough in the back of my mind, and its always like a hard struggle to be honest. Ive been worrying about how i look a lot lately especially. Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by BobbyLowell

Sounds like you're on the right track, just keep moving forward. You're gonna face a lot of resistance from people when you're trying to change/improve yourself. Keep growing. Don't let anyone stop you. Any criticism they give you is there to help you, not hinder you. Remember that.

Memento Mori

@Truth what do you mean its there to help me, not hinder me? Are you talking about the peoples intentions, or saying that I can see this as an opportunity? Are you saying you think im good enough or not?

Edited by BobbyLowell

47 minutes ago, BobbyLowell said:

@Truth what do you mean its there to help me, not hinder me? Are you talking about the peoples intentions, or saying that I can see this as an opportunity? Are you saying you think im good enough or not?

I'm talking about EVERYTHING is here to help you, not hinder you. Anything you THINK is keeping you from growing whether that be from people or even yourself. I'm saying it's here to help you to get what you want, to be where you want to be, to be who you already are. How? otherwise you'd be where you want to be, you'd have what you want to have and you'd be who you already are, no? and this wouldn't even be a struggle at all.

Just keep growing and improving. Don't stop. Self doubt is here to help you, you just gotta learn to see how it's helping you. you "not being/feeling good enough" is here to help you. That's all I'm saying. You don't have to suffer over it or put pressure on yourself, just realize it's there to help you like a good friend then you can start enjoying the process instead of suffering through it.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

@BobbyLowell If he wants you, who are your friends to say that you aren't good enough for him? Also, if your friends opposes you dating a guy because he is more attractive than you, then maybe they aren't good enough for you

@Emne thank you!! although everyone in general is more than good enough. but they are the ones that wouldnt be for me.

Edited by BobbyLowell

@BobbyLowell be more patient. if you still hear those voices it's because you still believe them to a certain degree.

keep up with the good work. it takes a while, maybe a few years.

unborn Truth

3 hours ago, Emne said:

@BobbyLowell If he wants you, who are your friends to say that you aren't good enough for him? Also, if your friends opposes you dating a guy because he is more attractive than you, then maybe they aren't good enough for you

#HowToLoseFriendsAndCreateEnemies ;)

Memento Mori

12 hours ago, Truth said:

#HowToLoseFriendsAndCreateEnemies ;)

LOL