starsofclay

What are actions?

12 posts in this topic

Let's say I'm a constant screw up- and can never get a grip on things, no matter how much there is desire for things to go well. This leads to an endless loop of hope and regret(failure).  After learning to stop putting blame outwards, it's concluded that there is no one to blame but "myself" .  This of course could have various meanings(or none at all) , but right now I'm strictly referring to this earthly persona, who may or may not be in control of its actions.  

The question is,  who or what is doing these actions (or at least, how do they occur) , and why does it seem to happen through these eyes and hands; and who or what holds the desire for it to change? 

Edited by starsofclay

They say it occurs in memory and ultimately, this is what creates the thoughts. Also, your literal thoughts are the ones that are causing the failures, because on a very deep level, you think your actions as as a failure when in reality, there is no such thing as a "failure". Failure is a human concept, failure is something YOU created and failure is what your thoughts say when you are in the loop. This leads to desire to stop the failure when there was no failure in the first place, lol.

Desire is just something your ego wants. Embrace the desire, and just do it. Attach yourself to the desire. Once you've done that, you will probably realise that the desire was fucking stupid and never satisfied you. This realisation is important.

Memory affects your behavior. Nobody or nothing controls you but the thought and moments which are expressions of the memory.

You could be constantly shifting emotional states/moods without even realizing it, which affects your current moment. Look at this forum, it's full of mood swings and shifts of the emotion.

Do deeper research within yourself. Try and realize what a thought is, and what a memory is, the answer is within though. This is just my rationalization of what an action is

You're not human, you're the universe

Ego/mind/thought-self seeks security in its own movement. 

Desire/fear in thought are two key ways in which thought self-perpetuates/self-sustains.  

The actions carried out are then a reflection of this compulsive/mechanical nature of thought-self that is always seeking or escaping, desiring or fearing, to perpetuate itself/ego mind. The actions are therefore fear-driven, bred out of mind’s reactivity within itself.

Edited by robdl

6 hours ago, robdl said:

Ego/mind/thought-self seeks security in its own movement. 

Desire/fear in thought are two key ways in which thought self-perpetuates/self-sustains.  

The actions carried out are then a reflection of this compulsive/mechanical nature of thought-self that is always seeking or escaping, desiring or fearing, to perpetuate itself/ego mind. The actions are therefore fear-driven, bred out of mind’s reactivity within itself.

Droppin bombs;)

16 hours ago, starsofclay said:

The question is,  who or what is doing these actions (or at least, how do they occur) , and why does it seem to happen through these eyes and hands; and who or what holds the desire for it to change? 

So search for this entity within your own experience. Can you find it?

16 hours ago, starsofclay said:

After learning to stop putting blame outwards, it's concluded that there is no one to blame but "myself" .

How does that feel to blame yourself? What purpose does it serve?

Where does this "blame" come from?

Wrap everything you think into a greenbox. Then shift your awareness outside of the box. Imagine if another person is telling those all to you. See attachment

shift.png

14 hours ago, B_Naz said:

You could be constantly shifting emotional states/moods without even realizing it, which affects your current moment. Look at this forum, it's full of mood swings and shifts of the emotion.

***(sorry- posting on my other account because its the one my computer is signed into)***

This is true, except for that I actually do realize it, but can't seem to get a grip on the shifts. If getting a grip is even possible.

6 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

So search for this entity within your own experience. Can you find it?

How does that feel to blame yourself? What purpose does it serve?

Where does this "blame" come from?

****(sorry- posting on my other account because its the one my computer is signed into)*****

No, I can't find it. It seems like me, aka, starsofclay, the persona, yet it completely goes against "my" wishes.  It feels like shit to blame myself, but the purpose it serves is to at least try and improve, for other's sakes.  The blame comes from.... Good question. Obviously my egoic fears, but I'm not 100% sure they are incorrect. 

@B_Naz @robdl @Jack River @WelcometoReality @non_nothing @Victor Mgazi

****(sorry- posting on my other account because its the one my computer is signed into)*****
Thank you all for your replies. I completely understand where you are coming from, but let me elaborate a bit. 

I own and operate my own business in the service industry. It is a daily  minute-to-minute struggle to do good and right by all of my customers. I have anxiety, which only perpetuates my issue and corrupts how I think and process situations.  Now, I'm not stupid enough to think that I can make everyone happy. That's not the issue.  The issue is I literally watch myself make mistake after mistake, some not so important, others very important. For example, after 3 years, I still freeze up and almost hyperventilate with anxiety when handling complaints. Most of these complaints are with my employees, not usually with myself, but I still freeze up. A lot of these times I  even forget to apologize, even though I really am sorry.  

I could go on and on, but hopefully you get the idea. Now, I'm not saying my business is failing or anything- in fact we are very successful. But the things that I KNOW we need to improve on, I don't take action. I have a a long list of things I want to add to our handbook, but have yet to get it all typed up. 

We get lots of good reviews and some mediocre to bad reviews online.  Of course I am thankful for the good ones, but the bad ones really bother me because a lot of times its something that I know we could have improved on a long time ago which could possibly have prevented the bad review from happening.  And of course I want and need my business to continue being successful, not only for my personal benefit and wellness, but for all of the people that I employ and rely on it. 

That all being said, once again, I literally watch myself make mistake after mistake, only to regret them immediately or some time after. And there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. I feel like its kind of a cop-out to say that there's no such thing as failures or mistakes, because nothings real anyway, and failures are all in the mind. Failures affect people. People that are essentially me.  Whether other people exist or not, here they are!  And they can be hurt. And I'm tired of hurting people due to my inability to overcome anxiety and my own egoic tendencies. 

Edited by the_end_of_me

Nothing is occurring. 

Occurrence itself is a thing of the now 

Maybe your question is what is now and the answer would be it is what it is as it is , any ideas on what now is would be the finite attempting to embody the infinite .

19 minutes ago, the_end_of_me said:

Thank you all for your replies. I completely understand where you are coming from, but let me elaborate a bit. 

I own and operate my own business in the service industry. It is a daily  minute-to-minute struggle to do good and right by all of my customers. I have anxiety, which only perpetuates my issue and corrupts how I think and process situations.  Now, I'm not stupid enough to think that I can make everyone happy. That's not the issue.  The issue is I literally watch myself make mistake after mistake, some not so important, others very important. For example, after 3 years, I still freeze up and almost hyperventilate with anxiety when handling complaints. Most of these complaints are with my employees, not usually with myself, but I still freeze up. A lot of these times I  even forget to apologize, even though I really am sorry.  

I could go on and on, but hopefully you get the idea. Now, I'm not saying my business is failing or anything- in fact we are very successful. But the things that I KNOW we need to improve on, I don't take action. I have a a long list of things I want to add to our handbook, but have yet to get it all typed up. 

We get lots of good reviews and some mediocre to bad reviews online.  Of course I am thankful for the good ones, but the bad ones really bother me because a lot of times its something that I know we could have improved on a long time ago which could possibly have prevented the bad review from happening.  And of course I want and need my business to continue being successful, not only for my personal benefit and wellness, but for all of the people that I employ and rely on it. 

That all being said, once again, I literally watch myself make mistake after mistake, only to regret them immediately or some time after. And there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. I feel like its kind of a cop-out to say that there's no such thing as failures or mistakes, because nothings real anyway, and failures are all in the mind. Failures affect people. People that are essentially me.  Whether other people exist or not, here they are!  And they can be hurt. And I'm tired of hurting people due to my inability to overcome anxiety and my own egoic tendencies. 

Edited 11 minutes ago by the_end_of_me

If you wish to correct your own mistakes then do so, there are plenty of techniques/methods you could try (obstacles exist only in your mind) 

But if you are asking how not to let this affect you then I'm pretty sure that even you can answer that question by yourself. 

@Victor Mgazi thank you. I will work on overcoming those obstacles.

Back to my original question: what are actions? where do they come from? Is an action and a thought the same? Are they separate? Can one actually stop onseself from taking actions, or is it all related to the whole "there is no free will" topic. 

6 hours ago, the_end_of_me said:

No, I can't find it. It seems like me, aka, starsofclay, the persona, yet it completely goes against "my" wishes.  It feels like shit to blame myself, but the purpose it serves is to at least try and improve, for other's sakes.  The blame comes from.... Good question. Obviously my egoic fears, but I'm not 100% sure they are incorrect. 

Could you improve without blaming yourself for past mistakes?

If yes, then what purpose does the blame serve? Could it be that being so hard on yourself makes you fearful of doing these new things, because what if you make a mistake then it would have been all for nothing?

It's hard for me to answer obviously since I don't know you so you have to answer this yourself but to be honest you sound like a perfectionist. And perfectionists have a hard time making mistakes and trying new things since they can't do something perfect the first time they do it. How do I know? I've been one myself. 

You know what? It's ok to make mistakes. It's ok to not be good at certain stuff and still do them. You don't have to be perfect.

I recommend you do a 15 minute affirmation practice each day. Preferably for first thing in the morning and last thing at the evening before you sleep

Listen to this video and repeat what he says out loud. It's going to feel silly, weird, wrong to do this but do it anyways. It's going to change your life. :)