Bodhidharma

Stange energy in my body while I meditate.

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I started meditating again three weeks ago and in the first one something really strange happened to me. I was trying to focus on my breath and all of the sudden my head started to bounce left to right WITHOUT any effort. It was really pleasing at the time and I was smiling all along. Later then I perceived that I can control it if I want with my will or my breath.

Then, I searched the reason for this and I found lots of different answers like, chakra, kundalini awakening, healing energy. The thing is that I don't know what the heck is this because there's so many different perspectives and this is why I am writing this topic, to see you guys view on this stuff. Any ideas???

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

Hey guys, I started meditating again three weeks ago and in the first one something really strange happened to me. I was trying to focus on my breath and all of the sudden my head started to bounce left to right WITHOUT any effort. It was really pleasing at the time and I was smiling all along. Later then I perceived that I can control it if I want with my will or my breath.

Then, I searched the reason for this and I found lots of different answers like, chakra, kundalini awakening, healing energy. The thing is that I don't know what the heck is this because there's so many different perspectives and this is why I am writing this topic, to see you guys view on this stuff. Any ideas???

I get it quite often, more like clockwise spin, but sometimes left-right or front-back like this.

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

Yeah, its really like these but less intense, my body also shakes a lot if I'm not concentrating much. But anyways, do you know what is this?

Also have that.

I think it's in the same category as stretching automatically when you wake up for example or when you yawn, they also feel good.

I guess it's a side effect of the emotional system, the nervous system

its not harmful though, unless its painful, so theres nothing to worry about

There are indeed many traditions and approaches that fill each other out. You can't study all of them at once, so look at what you're interested at, if you're interested in them at all. Try to stay away from going too deep with one route it will fix everything though. But yeah that stuff can be interesting and fun to learn about, even if often overly fancy. 

I get boners

edit: sorry meant cundalini awakeinings

Edited by non_nothing

7 minutes ago, non_nothing said:

I get boners

edit: sorry meant cundalini awakeinings

haha, same here, but that stopped after a while, only the shaking remained ... both of them really annoying.

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

phenomena arises & passes without your will. Buddha had said Pleasant experiences causes more suffering than unpleasant sensations because the mind tends to cling to the pleasant phenomena with great subtlety. Practice Equanimity 

Energy/Alignment. Enjoy it.

B R E A T H E

I've also had the exact same situation, that means that I am making progress and my months of meditation are working, good to know :D

On 07/08/2018 at 8:39 PM, Vipassana said:

phenomena arises & passes without your will. Buddha had said Pleasant experiences causes more suffering than unpleasant sensations because the mind tends to cling to the pleasant phenomena with great subtlety. Practice Equanimity 

That's seems very true from my experience, sometimes I get a extremely pleasing sensation on the top of my head and I get so clinged to it that I forgot to stay concentrated.

On 09/08/2018 at 0:59 PM, Privet said:

hahahahahahaha  I'm scared that I'm just distorting my results, cuz I'be been meditating for a short time. I don't know if it is progress. Also, thanks for the video. 

Edited by Bodhidharma

Keep it up! It is a sign that you are connecting with your higher self, and surrendering deeper than usual. Whatever happens, even if you meet God almighty, keep focusing on your breathe! That will take you all the way, and then to even greater levels of evolution. Eventually the breathe will take you to the heart, so consider focusing on the rising and falling of your chest rather than the breathe in and out your nose for the most accelerated results.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

On 8/11/2018 at 1:48 AM, Rujan Mehar Bajracha said:

@Clayman That is a yogic technique,he is doing. Not meditation. 

Isnt' meditation a yogic technique ?