Osm

No video for today?

169 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It turned into a monstrously sized video, 4 hours long.

Will take a while to render and upload.

Conflicted about releasing it, honestly.

Joe Rogan uploads 3h30 vids all the time so why not? We wanna see it :(

I feel like time stopped and my whole life is on hold. It's still Sunday and I'm waiting...

:)

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Woah! Can't wait to see it!!

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The decision always goes back to you, but if you ever consider not uploading it to Youtube we'd love to see it in the blog :D

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

At least say what the topic is. I'm curious to know 

I really hope it’s about shadow work, but knowing Leo he’s gonna release a 15 minute video on shadow work, and this long one is going to be about some never-heard nanomicrophysicist’s never-heard particle consciousness theory.

Sending love to our Leo. :x

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

giphy.gif

Please be a rant for the spiritual Cult Leaders of Youtube (Bentinho Massaro, Teal Swan etc) . I want a good old fashioned rant about that.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What's the difference between a duck?

This topic is simply filled with golden humor, haha. Made my day. 

On an extremely serious note, though, I'm running out of water and food... One does not simply leave the house while waiting on the video to be uploaded. I have not slept since sunday either... I'm starting to hallucinate... IS THIS ENLIGHTENMENT!!? 

@Laymen well, that was just rude... he’s trying his hardest to make them as good as they can be

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

7 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

@Laymen well, that was just rude... he’s trying his hardest to make them as good as they can be

It was just my speculation. Because he said: Conflicted about releasing it, honestly

@Laymen that's because he is concerned with the quality of the video 

The road to God is paved with bliss.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura 

There's a guy who has made a 4 part video talking about your spiritual experiences defining them as solipsism. Id like to know your opinion.

Edited by Moreira

@Moreira The thumbnail though xD

6 hours ago, George Fil said:

Please be a rant for the spiritual Cult Leaders of Youtube (Bentinho Massaro, Teal Swan etc) . I want a good old fashioned rant about that.

The point is the message, not the messenger. I really resonate with the methods of Teal, if @Shin were here now, he would say the same thing about Massaro. Sure, Massaro may be a psychopath and may have sexually abused his followers and Teal may be a narcissist, have radical views on suicide, and maybe she lies about being ritually abused but that shit doesn't matter if the stuff they teach helps you grow.

If you haven't seen Teal's response to these claims, here it is:

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

BUT LEEEOOOO..... that means its gonna be nice and juicy

holy mother of god, I just realized that this thread has almost 9000 views 

giphy.gif

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Just my two cents on this, 1.5 hours for a video is plenty long.  Any longer than that and it becomes too much of  commitment to watch the video.  I would shoot for 1 hour videos -- no more no less.  Few people are gonna watch a 4 hour video.  That's too much of a time commitment to ask of people.  Just break that sh*t down into 1 hour topics.  I know from watching a lot of Leo's videos that 1.5 hours is about right for the more advanced topics.  After 1.5 hours, I start to get annoyed at time, and I start looking for ways the video could have been edited down.  A lot of length is caused by poor pre-planning, which is the cause of the unnecessary verbosity.  This happens in writing too.  You need to be concise, not too wordy, and that comes from diligent pre-planning and organization.  Be careful about just winging it with the videos, that's like expecting your freewriting to be great writing.  No, your freewriting has to be edited down, it has to be refined, revised.  If you're gonna ask people to invest 2 hours of their Sunday to watch your video, there better be something good in there.  Otherwise stick to making 1 hour videos.  Nobody really gives a sh*t about wasting 1 hour at worst.  But when you're investing, 2, 3, 4 hours of time watching a video -- you're looking to get something  carefully composed and organized, none of this 'winging it' sh*t -- the verbosity just pisses you off -- because you realize that the video could have been either made shorter or broken down in a better way.  Nobody wants to hear you ramble on.  You gotta be sensitive to that.  You're way more interested in your rambling than other people are.  So, you gotta keeps your points clear and your discourse tight.  This applies to writing and to videos.  Excessive verbosity in writing and in videos is often caused by not doing enough pre-planning or not doing enough revising, or both.  Excessive verbosity is fine when you're freewriting, but it has to be tightened up and cleaned up in your final product, the work you release.  This is one reason I prefer writing to videos is that writing can be revised much easier than videos can.  What I would do if I were shooting videos is maybe do a practice run before you shoot the video and record that too.  Then make an outline of the practice run and use that outline to tighten up your final work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor