Osm

No video for today?

169 posts in this topic

I love all of the tongue in cheek humor in here.

A part of personal development is rolling with the "punches".  An expectation wasn't met. How did you react? That is a good litmus test on where you are at. "Needs work". Do you appreciate all of the times that they are met? If not, then "needs work". Are your emotions controlled by whether or not Leo releases a video? Is that how you want to be ideally? Then "that's not like me" " needs work". Feeling stuck like you are making no progress? Improve one little thing at a time.

Credit to Brian Johnson from Optimize.me for a lot of these thoughts. I am currently taking his "Conquering Digital Addiction" 101 class and getting a lot out of it. 

https://www.optimize.me/cda/

"A wealth of information creates a poverty of attention.” - Herbert A. Simon

The kingdom of heaven is within.

@Colin What humor!? This is total bullshit. I was going to listen to the new video while I clean my kitchen, so, ya, totally fucked now. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Frankly, I’m a little pissed that Leo didn’t give us more information about the video being late.  I could have done something else yesterday instead of look for his video.  And I’m not keen on those of you that are trying to spin this as an ‘addiction’ issue on our end.  This is a mismanaged expectations issue on Leo’s end.  If you blame your customers, clients, superiors, audience for being addicted to your work-product, that’s a shitty mindset to have in any career or business.  This is the first time Leo’s done this, so I’m gonna assume it’s a one-off fluke.  

christ are you for real bro? get a life.

14 minutes ago, p1xelmonk said:

christ are you for real bro? get a life.

He's ironic, it's subtle, a form of meta-humor let's say. 

Low-IQ people lack the capability to register the fine nuances when it comes to humor like this.

You're telling us you're one of them? 

@Joseph Maynor is a genius when it comes to sarcasm and irony. He doesn't dumbing down to make it more obvious and less funny in order for you to understand.  

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

27 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

He's ironic, it's subtle, a form of meta-humor let's say. 

Low-IQ people lack the capability to register the fine nuances when it comes to humor like this.

You're telling us you're one of them? 

@Joseph Maynor is a genius when it comes to sarcasm and irony. He doesn't dumbing down to make it more obvious and less funny in order for you to understand.  

Lol Snick wtf xD

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@MarkusSweden

Indeed! But isn’t humor a movement of thought? Aren’t we ultimately seeking psychological security in the humourous?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

@MarkusSweden

Indeed! But isn’t humor a movement of thought? Aren’t we ultimately seeking psychological security in the humourous?

??

10 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Frankly, I’m a little pissed that Leo didn’t give us more information about the video being late.  I could have done something else yesterday instead of look for his video.  And I’m not keen on those of you that are trying to spin this as an ‘addiction’ issue on our end.  This is a mismanaged expectations issue on Leo’s end.  If you blame your customers, clients, superiors, audience for being addicted to your work-product, that’s a shitty mindset to have in any career or business.  This is the first time Leo’s done this, so I’m gonna assume it’s a one-off fluke.  

Leo doesn't owe you anything. It's up to Leo whether he uploads or doesn't upload. The videos are free on YouTube, irregardless of whatever other products you have purchased on this site. Nobody told you to waste time searching for Leo's video. It's not like you're paying a fee to view these videos. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@DoubleYou good meme btw

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Feel Good Don't take it so seriously. Most of us here don't really actually bother that there's no new video yet, we just like to joke about it a bit. At least that's how I see it but you may correct me if I'm incorrect in case there's actually something severely wrong and problematic with Leo not having uploaded thus far.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@Leo Gura Thank you for being you Leo!

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

On 8/5/2018 at 3:54 PM, Leo Gura said:

A bit of a hiccup. It's coming soon.

Its Tuesday---- wow, I think I may be jonesing. 

Edited by zenjen

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

@Leo Gura Hey if it's worth doing it worth doing right.  I appreciate all the work you put into your videos. All of them are truly gifts. May you be blessed. 

On 8/6/2018 at 4:27 PM, Leo Gura said:

I shot and uploaded the video but am deciding to re-shoot it because this is an important topic and found some better ways to phrase things.

It will be at least another 48 hours.

Shooting, rendering, and uploading a long video takes about that long.

Hey Leo, something I would find really valuable would be if you would post the original shot on the blog or forum after the reshot video. I think this would help overcome some of the difficulty associated with every concept that is being communicated is put into the context of the viewer. It would be helpful and interesting to see how you originally phrased what you were trying to say and how you tried to say it the second time