Osm

No video for today?

169 posts in this topic

A bit of a hiccup. It's coming soon.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I’d like to see a video on Life Purpose.  What happened to Life Purpose videos?  People need to hear more about Life Purpose.

I would love this even if I already got the course

Ahahhaha people are addicted worse than me

7 minutes ago, Osm said:

Ahahhaha people are addicted worse than me

Distinguish between addiction and expectation.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Distinguish between addiction and expectation.  

Distinguish between a joke and a death threat.

I thought Leo died again ?

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

3 hours ago, Osm said:

Distinguish between a joke and a death threat.

You stretched to try to ‘one up’ me.  Read what I said again.  Calling something an addiction when you’ve set up the expectation sounds like a convenient Ego Defense.  I wouldn’t say my boss is addicted to getting my work-product when it’s due.  No, they expect it, and when I breach that expectation, I don’t get to accuse them of being addicted to receiving my work-product on time.  That ship don’t sail.  That’s a way for the Ego to try to save face.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

MANAGING OTHER PEOPLE’S EXPECTATIONS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT SKILL TO HAVE FOR CAREER  — AND YOU’RE NOT BORN WITH THIS SKILL, IT’S AN AWARENESS YOU’LL AMASS OVER TIME THROUGH THE 'SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS'

Just keep people in the loop.  If the work-product is gonna be late, tell people straight-up it’s gonna be a day or two late.  Don’t leave people hanging.  That way people can go do something else with their day and not be looking for the work-product.  Managing expectations poorly causes a lot of needless consternation.  I learned this the hard way in my career.  It’s a tough one to learn.  It’s hard to be sensitive to breaching other people’s expectations until you’re on the receiving end of a breach of expectations yourself.  Then you have awareness of how it made you feel and you can be sensitive to that happening to others.  And I get it, when you’re stressed to try to get a project done, it’s not always on the top of your mind to worry about managing other people’s expectations.  But you can piss people off inadvertently very easily, when a simple heads-up note can put out that fire when it’s small.  I’ve poisoned the well at prior jobs by mismanaging expectations.  It wasn’t what I was concerned with.  But now I realize it’s the most important thing to be concerned with.  It’s a systems issue.  Nobody is gonna be happy missing a meal, but it makes it much more palatable to know why you’re missing a meal and when you can expect the next meal.  If you leave someone waiting at a table drumming their fork and knife staring at an empty plate, that just pisses them off.  It’s basically shitting where you eat.  Proactive communication is the best way to avoid the undesired outcome of causing breach of expectations in people who are expecting something from you at a certain time.  You do this too often with the people you work with and you can really poison the well at work.  It can turn into a really nasty breach of trust kind of issue.  I know this firsthand from experience.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Thanks a lot @Joseph Maynor for those wise words that, unfortunately, nobody asked for. Also, no one ever tried to one-up you, it was just a facetious remark and you apparently took it too literal once again. 

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@Leo Gura it would be nice if you could tell the forum and set a new deadline. Maybe write a one of them posts on youtube. A lot of people have worked it in to their Sunday schedule somehow to watch the new vid. A heads up could let people adjust their schedule. Some people even worry that it's because something happened to you. 

The road to God is paved with bliss.

18 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Leo just wants to test you who have addiction towards his video most probably we failed including me ... 

@Harvey A true zen master speaks in riddles and contradicts himself. Showing you that life itself is a paradox and a strangeloop. ;)

The road to God is paved with bliss.

The reality of the matter is that expectation and addiction are highly related. Pavlov anyone?

The kingdom of heaven is within.

but addiction and habit are different, addiction has withdrawal symptoms, you guys are not sweating and shaking are you...?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

each video is a new "bonus"

as long as leo is alive, everything is alright

@Rilles nah addiction as most people use it is highly related to habit. "hardcore" addiction is just an extreme case usually with dangerous substances.

The kingdom of heaven is within.