Florian

Under every life purpose lays the biological life purpose of producing children?

19 posts in this topic

I once had a discussion with someone about  what the purpose of life is and I said that it is to produce children and she said that your life purpose is to create your own life purpose. And now I had the thought that you "only" create your life purpose to have sex anyways because finding your life purpose is also finding your identity and women (or feminine people in general) are only attracted to something or someone with an identity (which is masucline). So in the end the purpose of life is still having sex and shit, isn't it? 

@Florian Clearly that idea falls apart under scrutiny. Women live for many decades past their ability to have children. And many post-menopausal women are pursuing their life purposes, because their children have all left the nest and they have the energy to put toward nurturing the world. There is much more to having a life's purpose that extends far beyond the biological impetus toward reproduction. The lenses of reductionism and scientism have simply boiled everything down to the urge toward survival and reproduction. But this is just reductionism and doesn't reflect the true nature of what's going on here. So, don't paint your thinking about your life purpose into the idea of competing for a mate. Your mind and heart will edit out so much, that you will suffer even in following your life's purpose. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

34 minutes ago, Emerald said:

@Florian Clearly that idea falls apart under scrutiny. Women live for many decades past their ability to have children. And many post-menopausal women are pursuing their life purposes, because their children have all left the nest and they have the energy to put toward nurturing the world. There is much more to having a life's purpose that extends far beyond the biological impetus toward reproduction. The lenses of reductionism and scientism have simply boiled everything down to the urge toward survival and reproduction. But this is just reductionism and doesn't reflect the true nature of what's going on here. So, don't paint your thinking about your life purpose into the idea of competing for a mate. Your mind and heart will edit out so much, that you will suffer even in following your life's purpose. 

Dam :ph34r:, what can you say after that? lol

Very well put! I'd like to believe I am more than just a baby maker, personally lol

1 hour ago, zoey101 said:

Dam :ph34r:, what can you say after that? lol

Very well put! I'd like to believe I am more than just a baby maker, personally lol

Unless you want to be the queen bee or the queen ant or a weed type of flower (asexual reproduction) in your next life (hopefully not), human beings are not meant for that.

what if your life purpose is to be a celibate nun/monk?

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

22 hours ago, Key Elements said:

Unless you want to be the queen bee or the queen ant or a weed type of flower (asexual reproduction) in your next life (hopefully not), human beings are not meant for that.

:x

Well some people say that life purpose is to eat i would put that on the bottom and yours before that

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

On 04/08/2018 at 11:13 AM, zoey101 said:

:x

Hey zoey, have you looked at Leo's Maslow's clip? This one:

It's very useful. However, I feel that "sex/reproduction" being categorized at the very bottom of Maslow is misunderstood--a lot. At that very basic level, it probably means the human species is about to be extinct, and at that level, a human being could make survival and producing children a life purpose. O.o However, many ppl, at stage orange, think it is for "getting laid," which is a want, not a need.

Have you seen the Spiral Dynamics clip? Do you know the different stages, like stage orange?

This will help you discover your life purpose if you fully understand it, seriously. I really wish all ppl could go travelling and migrate to a country completely different from their own, and live there for at least 5 yrs. To me, that's what it takes. That's how profound it is--to fully understand 2 completely different cultures and transend them.

I'm wondering...what do you love to do as an interest or hobby? Maybe/probably, this could be transformed into a marketable skill gradually, and then, move on from there.

Just now, Key Elements said:

@zoey101 Do you sing well? I'm sure you do. Do you sing for your church? :)

Sometimes ^_^ I think I'm pretty good. I can do a lot of different styles. Classical Opra, pop, musical theater, r&b. I like it all.

6 hours ago, zoey101 said:

Sometimes ^_^ I think I'm pretty good. I can do a lot of different styles. Classical Opra, pop, musical theater, r&b. I like it all.

That's awesome. Remember this story? I mentioned it before. You don't have to work for your church if you don't want. It's choice. There must be some opportunities out there. The goal is to find a more enjoyable career that could eventually evolve into a life purpose. Or, finding the life purpose could eventually lead to an enjoyable career, and then beyond that. It could go different ways.

15 hours ago, Key Elements said:

That's awesome. Remember this story? I mentioned it before. You don't have to work for your church if you don't want. It's choice. There must be some opportunities out there. The goal is to find a more enjoyable career that could eventually evolve into a life purpose. Or, finding the life purpose could eventually lead to an enjoyable career, and then beyond that. It could go different ways.

I do enjoy my current job. I have excitement in thinking about where I could go with this company. Once we are able to catch up from my accident, I was hoping to start buying recording equipment :)

3 hours ago, zoey101 said:

I do enjoy my current job. I have excitement in thinking about where I could go with this company. Once we are able to catch up from my accident, I was hoping to start buying recording equipment :)

That's awesome. 

3 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

That's awesome. 

:x:x

@Florian I think it would be better to say that the totality of all human life purposes has coincided with the survival of the human race and biological reproduction. There is no ultimate purpose to life, purpose is all subjective. 

Evolutionary speaking, the biggest claim I can make is that the presence of life purposes has not denied the survival of the human race. Many life purposes probably favor the survival of your race, perhaps some do not.  

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.