blazed

Home brew ayahuasca worth it or nah?

22 posts in this topic

I noticed you can buy the mix pretty easily off ebay and brew it at home, it seems the leaves are legal to possess here.

Due to the easy access, and reviews of the buyer I feel its an easy experiment to try. I've been researching it lately.

What do you guys think of doing it at home? Do you think you can have a positive experience?

I'm already very off put by the nausea and vomitting, its actually why I dislike all strong substances.

Do you think it will be ok to get my g/f to sit me or would I freak her the fuck out?

Do you think this home experiment is worth while or should I skip until I can try it at a retreat sometime in the future (which might never happen to be fair).

Any tips and precautions. I've been meditating daily for 3 or so years between 20mins-1 hour and had a couple of samahdi experiences through regular mediation.

Edited by blazed

I experimented with ayahuasca 9 times in religious settings ("Santo Daime" and "UDV"). When i was doing some research, i found several reports of people who took ayahuasca for themselves in a non-religious setting and it went pretty bad, i read one that the experience went horribly, left most people involved traumatized and one even committed suicide. I am not saying that this will happen to you but maybe there is a reason that ayahuasca is usually taken in a controlled setting with experienced people/shamans. The one time i took a moderate/high dose of shrooms (5g) i found it very powerful and the trip was pretty similar from the ones i had with ayahuasca. 

I think if you want your gf to sit for you she should read up on a bunch of trip reports related to ayahuasca, so that she can at least know what to expect

it can be a positive experience if you're careful

for a first time doing ayahuasca I suggest taking 1/4th of a dose

at least a week to integrate then you can go up to 1/2th of a dose and so on

this is strong stuff and if you're going to do without an experienced guide you have to take it easy

I suggest for the first time even doing this with a reliable friend, 2 sitters for the first time you take a full dose, 2 sitters who are informed about ayahuasca

one inexperienced sitter for ayahuasca is not enough, this stuff is insanely strong and can easily overwhelm anyone

if anything I hope you've done shrooms before, they bring just as much insights

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

1 hour ago, Arkandeus said:

I think if you want your gf to sit for you she should read up on a bunch of trip reports related to ayahuasca, so that she can at least know what to expect

it can be a positive experience if you're careful

for a first time doing ayahuasca I suggest taking 1/4th of a dose

at least a week to integrate then you can go up to 1/2th of a dose and so on

this is strong stuff and if you're going to do without an experienced guide you have to take it easy

I suggest for the first time even doing this with a reliable friend, 2 sitters for the first time you take a full dose, 2 sitters who are informed about ayahuasca

one inexperienced sitter for ayahuasca is not enough, this stuff is insanely strong and can easily overwhelm anyone

if anything I hope you've done shrooms before, they bring just as much insights

i heard 2 ounces is the normal dose so you're saying 0.5 ounces for a first try? and second 0.5 ounces if I vomit?

@Recursoinominado @Arkandeus You guys are putting me off it to be fair lol.

Whats a good dose for a chill trip? So I don't stress my girlfriend out. (Or maybe I should do it alone)

Also Its recommended for 3 hours of simmer 3 times, if I simmer for 1 hour x3 instead would that be better? I'd prefer to have a quicker brew with a weaker strength.

If i wait for retreat I might never do it, I don't see the point in spending so much money, and traveling to weird places to do illegal drugs, I'd rather just go a regular holiday to see family and friends instead if I'm going abroad.

The convenience of it being easily accessible and cheap is why I want to experiment with it.

Edited by blazed

Whats a good dose for a chill trip? So I don't stress my girlfriend out. (Or maybe I should do it alone

well if we're talking about not possibly stressing your girlfriend then that is indeed a chill trip

a normal amount of maoi, usually one shot glass

1/4th of a shot of the ayahuasca brew (the leaves with dmt)

the "normal" dose is one full shot, but I assure you my best experiences with ayahuasca were on very low doses, those experiences were completely magical, wonderful and full of insights

in hindsight my experience with a "normal" dose were a trainwreck, big insights at big prices, while low doses gave me big insights and a wonderfully smooth experience

you can go very far with ayahuasca, my experience is my own, this really the sort of substance that can take you into another dimension, literally, this is like unexplored territory, ayahuasca has an unimaginable amount to offer, just be careful, take your time with it, integrate

the one thing not do is to chase some big trip that will blow your mind, cause this can blow straight to real hell, mistakes of my own, but again this is my experience, there are people having wonderful experiences with normal doses of ayahuasca

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

@blazed I suggest a caapi-only brew for a few weeks to let your body assimilate and purify. Then start slow with the dmt ingredient as@Arkandeus suggested. This way you get the experience of brewing and it can be microdosed daily as a mild anti depressant. Make sure you are following the cappi diet for either of these brews to prevent serotonin syndrome. Caapi-only brew is said to be very spiritually helpful by itself. The dmt then blasts you off into... (dunno I've never tried it) 

Of course caapi and syrian rue is interchangeable 

Edited by starsofclay

I actually dont want a big trip, and bad side effects but i also don't want it to do "nothing" lol so need to experiement and balance it out.

It's important I don't have overly negative experience for everyone.

@starsofclay

@Arkandeus

Thanks for input!

It's important to make your first psychedelic experiences pleasant, not sickening. Otherwise you'll never want to do it again.

LSD is the better way.

I don't take any psychedelics which would make me feel nauseous or sick. It gets in the way of the contemplating and it's totally unnecessary. The natives take it simply because they have no better options.

Puking your guts out is just unnecessary with today's technology.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Leo can you make a video about how to access infinite intelligence? It’s very important for us.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It's important to make your first psychedelic experiences pleasant, not sickening. Otherwise you'll never want to do it again.

LSD is the better way.

I don't take any psychedelics which would make me feel nauseous or sick. It gets in the way of the contemplating and it's totally unnecessary. The natives take it simply because they have no better options.

Puking your guts out is just unnecessary with today's technology.

Yup I totally agree, but unfortunately I can't get LSD off ebay Leo ;)

You reckon I should grow my own mushrooms instead? spores are legal to buy, would that be better? It's a major hassle though.

Edited by blazed

9 minutes ago, blazed said:

You reckon I should grow my own mushrooms instead? spores are legal to buy, would that be better? It's a major hassle though.

Come to San Francisco.  We are just fine here.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

56 minutes ago, blazed said:

A pathetic excuse.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

No. Don't do it at home by yourself. That's not the point of ayahuasca at all. There is a reason for vomiting and pucking with ayahuasca. There is so much about plant medicine that we don't understand. That's why there are shamans. You puke because you have to. Not everyone does all the time. You must do it with a proper shaman. Otherwise go do one of the "high" technology psychedelics. 

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A pathetic excuse.

Lol I know that speech by heart in the original he says "break the rules,  not the law but break the rules ..."

This is clearly breaking the law.

Brewing ayauhasca in my own kitchen is probably more like breaking the rules, even tho technical extracting dmt is still illegal.

Edited by blazed

I would not do LSD the first time even though its suggested here a lot. Its was too long for me, I dont want to it again even though it was not bad.

A better first timer would be 2-cb.

9 minutes ago, MM1988 said:

I would not do LSD the first time even though its suggested here a lot. Its was too long for me, I dont want to it again even though it was not bad.

A better first timer would be 2-cb.

Mushrooms are better to do first before LSD in my opinion.  Although Mushrooms can be moodier than LSD, so yo gotta watch out for that.  For me, an LSD trip doesn't last long enough.  I only trip 3 times per year on LSD, so when I do it's a really cleansing, profound, insightful experience that takes months to unravel.  That's why I only do it once every 4 months.  If you you do psychedelics too frequently, you basically waste it.  There's little take-away.  You wanna do Mushrooms the right way like twice a year.  That would be a great thing for your Personal Development.  It's been about 6 months since I've done Mushrooms, I think I should do them again soon myself.  I'm right in the zone where I could benefit from Psychedelics right now.  I'm gonna do Mushrooms and LSD very soon.  Just don't do them around the same time because they both hit the same tolerance mechanism.  You'll be wasting your money, as I have before.  I'd do the LSD first and then the Mushrooms a whole month later.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Salvia is a good one to get if you can buy that.  I had a couple of Ego Death experiences on Salvia.  I had a lot of productive trips on Salvia.  They weren't pleasant trips, but they were helpful.  One of them was pleasant haha.  But you're not looking for pleasant, you're looking for awareness and insight.  Experimenting with Salvia really helped my Enlightenment when I look back on it.  It made me realize that I am not separate from the Universe.  Salvia will kill that unauthentic part of you -- it will strip it from you like a lion hunting its prey.  And this is freaky as sh*t.  But I look back on it as notable in all the things I did for Enlightenment work.  There's nothing like watching yourself go through an Ego-Death.  You'll find out who's the boss, and it ain't you.  The Universe will straighten you out and reveal all your stupidities on Salvia.  That's why they call it Salvia Divinorum.  It's an underrated Psychedelic for Personal Development.  But it's not for p*ssies.  I also had an 'other worlds' trip on Salvia too, when I went into a magical universe.  But that only happened once.  I'd say I've tripped on Salvia about 30 times.  I really have no interest in doing it again though.  I'd rather smoke Changa.  But don't make the mistake of thinking Changa can do everything Salvia can do, see.  Salvia is its own animal.  It's just freaky as shit.  So is smoking Changa -- or at least it was for me when I had an Ego Death experience doing it.  It was my best non-LSD trip though.  I got the full dying then going to the other side and then deciding to come back treatment.  N'N-DMT (Changa) is some freaky shit.  And I haven't done 5-MeO-DMT yet.  But all these things are useful for your Enlightenment work.  Psychedelics are useful for Enlightenment work -- and Personal Development work more generally.

Edited by Joseph Maynor