Viking

Why do I tend to avoid hard things?

23 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

Dissociation? 

no, I mean the reason I react is habits and the subconscious, on an intellectual level I understand its not rational.

2 hours ago, Light Lover said:

Do you meditate?

yeah, for a year

@ajasatya omg motivation speeches NEVER work on me and that one opened my eyes so much. What I really took from this video is the engagement part, I notice that what attracts me in life is superficial stuff that gives me a good feeling, like watching tv shows, imagining being somewhere beautiful, but I realized is that this stuff is mediocre, what really life is about is, engagement, and I barely do that, im just an observer all the time.

@ajasatya@Consept you're both right, im too comfortable right now so I dont want to do anything. I dont want to get fucked in the ass later so ill get fucked in the ass right now but slighter. thank you, those comments actually changed my perspective.

3 minutes ago, Waves said:

One thing that I'd like to add to what has been said and that helped me is the realization of the fact that life is short and that we're going to die pretty soon. Get in touch with that, really feel it, see it as something concrete that will happen, and remind yourself of it every morning.

for some reason I dont give a shit that im gonna die and that life is short, as much as I actually contemplated that I dont care.

4 minutes ago, Waves said:

Also be grateful that you can breath, that your heart beats, that you have legs (I suppose), that you don't have some mutation that compromises your health or prevents you from doing what you like.

I actually did a gratitude journal for a month, it was grueling, I hated it and it didnt make me feel better.

3 hours ago, Viking said:

I know that there are people who love to think critically, love to exert themselves, and I was like that at some point. Why am I not like that now?

You are, it is inside you, you just have stopped identifying with it. I am working through this in my own way, but it takes work. You have to dig deep and rediscover yourself to make yourself whole again. It's not easy, if it were, there would be no problems for anyone. 

Why do you avoid hard things? It's kind of a simple question with a pretty basic answer, isn't it? If it were possible to make it "big" and get EVERYTHING you ever wished for by doing nothing, the whole world would be right there with you.

You might have just reached a comfortable point in your life. Nothing wrong with that, enjoy it some. Just don't arrest your development here, enjoy the comfort, but prepare for the next step :)

I hope that makes sense!

contemplate -> make insights -> learning = behavior change