Michael569

Allergies - Update and Treatment

32 posts in this topic

If you want clearer sinuses you can always use a neti pot or an irigator.

@Girzo been using that for ages, doesn't really help. I've had partially clogged sinuses for years, it's something I've been struggling with for a long time. The question at this stage is not anymore "How to unblock it" but "Why is there so much mucous being produced in the first place?" When I find an answer to that, my self-healing conquest will be accomplished :D  as that is probably linked to the allergies  

One of the things that was partially helping was Buteyko breathing but I did not enjoy daily self-suffocation exercises and dropped it after few months. 

Do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Anything that helps you?

10 hours ago, Michael569 said:

"Why is there so much mucous being produced in the first place?"

My take on this matter is: there's pollen in the air, it gets into air passages and rips cells open. The body recognizes the intruder and tries to flush it out by producing mucus, wheezing, etc. Yet, in allergic people it overreacts. Why? Because it was not trained that it's a small threat, not able to recognize pollen as such the body takes safety precautions and tries to get rid of it immediately, just in case it was a deadly hazard. And why the organism is not trained? Because of the use of antibiotics early in life and living in a sterile environment, where you don't get into contact with bacteria that do the conditioning.

I have put around 30 hours into researching this theory.

11 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Do you suffer from seasonal allergies?

Yup, from April to July. Typically a severe reaction, where I can't function without pills. And I was using them sparingly in my life, only when needed. Everything was getting worse the older I got. I hope it has stopped progressing by now, but can't really know. Cats are my deadly enemies, I can't even get close to one, I start to cry and itch immediately. I have had an allergy to home dust, but it's gone now, disappeared naturally.

11 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Anything that helps you?

Antihistamines. Desloratadine is the best, works full 24 hours and doesn't make you sleepy at all. Bilastine acts shorter but still doesn't cause any sleepiness. Fexofenadine has a duration of around 14 hours but makes you tired as hell, can even force you to sleep. The most popular Levocetirizine is a total bunk in my opinion, with a duration of only 8 hours and being ineffective at treating more severe reactions. I have tried them all.

Butterbur is an extremely effective natural herb, but it has a long list of side-effects due to alkaloid content. I would use it if my allergy was taking only two to four weeks, but no longer as it can cause damage to the heart over the long-term. I have once overdosed it and saw colorful light spheres.

Here's one unexpected drug: LSD. 100 mcg of acid blocks any allergy for around 30 hours. Like totally, there's no discomfort and allergic reaction, regardless of the pollen count in the air.

Sadly, all of these are remedies and not the cure.

Posted (edited)

On 12/04/2019 at 9:42 PM, Girzo said:

My take on this matter is: there's pollen in the air, it gets into air passages and rips cells open. The body recognizes the intruder and tries to flush it out by producing mucus, wheezing, etc. Yet, in allergic people it overreacts. Why? Because it was not trained that it's a small threat, not able to recognize pollen as such the body takes safety precautions and tries to get rid of it immediately, just in case it was a deadly hazard. And why the organism is not trained? Because of the use of antibiotics early in life and living in a sterile environment, where you don't get into contact with bacteria that do the conditioning.

I have put around 30 hours into researching this theory.

Thanks for sharing, that makes a lot of sense.  I think I partially get it because I grew up in extremely tidy environment so didn't get a lot of exposure to allergens.  Antibiotics theory makes a lot of sense as well, that may be a big contributor as well. One final for me is that I took roaccutane for acne in my teens for 8 months, I think that fucked up my liver a little bit and liver is highly involved in many immuno-driven processes

Yup, from April to July. Typically a severe reaction, where I can't function without pills. And I was using them sparingly in my life, only when needed. Everything was getting worse the older I got. I hope it has stopped progressing by now, but can't really know. Cats are my deadly enemies, I can't even get close to one, I start to cry and itch immediately. I have had an allergy to home dust, but it's gone now, disappeared naturally.

I feel for you my brother. My symptoms got a lot better but still remember getting these a lot. Once it went on it wouldn't stop until night. 

Antihistamines. Desloratadine is the best, works full 24 hours and doesn't make you sleepy at all. Bilastine acts shorter but still doesn't cause any sleepiness. Fexofenadine has a duration of around 14 hours but makes you tired as hell, can even force you to sleep. The most popular Levocetirizine is a total bunk in my opinion, with a duration of only 8 hours and being ineffective at treating more severe reactions. I have tried them all.

Butterbur is an extremely effective natural herb, but it has a long list of side-effects due to alkaloid content. I would use it if my allergy was taking only two to four weeks, but no longer as it can cause damage to the heart over the long-term. I have once overdosed it and saw colorful light spheres.

Here's one unexpected drug: LSD. 100 mcg of acid blocks any allergy for around 30 hours. Like totally, there's no discomfort and allergic reaction, regardless of the pollen count in the air.

Sadly, all of these are remedies and not the cure.

Antihistamines do work to an extent but also make you drowsy . Who knows what the long term health impact of that is..taking it for months every year. LSD is something I am probably not yet ready to experiement with for allergies :D

Besides the herbal/fruit cleansing I did that helped, other things that work for me was Nettle tincture, taken daily and Mushroom complex. I got an 8-mushroom extract (reishi, shitake, lion's main cordyceps etc...). I am currently still taking those after a bit of research, it appears they have some adaptogenic and imuno-modulating properties. So perhaps something you may try as well :) 

This is what I got https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mushroom-Complex-Cordyceps-Coprinus-Betox93®/dp/B07B3LXJTY/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?keywords=mushroom+complex&qid=1555317684&s=gateway&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1

Edited by Michael569

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Antihistamines do work to an extent but also make you drowsy .

Not Desloratadine, it's way better than the previous generation of drugs.

12 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Who knows what the long term health impact of that is..

Because the body uses IgF to fight parasites, I suspect an increased risk of getting them. Other than that, antihistamines seem to be a pretty safe class of drugs.

So you say that cleansing and supplements have helped you in getting less symptoms. But by how much? 30%, 50%, 90%?

Edited by Girzo

12 hours ago, Girzo said:

So you say that cleansing and supplements have helped you in getting less symptoms. But by how much? 30%, 50%, 90%?

Judging by the symptoms I currently have/don't have and used to have I'd say it has massively improved. But it may still be waiting to be triggered so I'll see i weeks and months to come. It may be that I am just keeping the igEs on the leash and haven't given them the "right environment" to trigger histamine release in mast cells. But basing this on last year at this time, I have 80-90% improvement. 

As to what % of this was cleansing and what the mushroom and nettle, I'm not really sure anymore. I think the cleansing did a bit of deep tissue cleaning and the mushrooms are kinda now holding the histamine response back and potentially helping to modulate the hypersensitivity of the adaptive immune system that has been messed up during my childhood....at least that's what some of the research on pubmed show but could be placebo all of it. 

@Girzo @Michael569 going to try augmented accupuncture. the second time. last year it helped a lot. we‘ll see - it’s the first thing that helped me. will also have a look into your diet recommendation! 

Edited by now is forever

38 minutes ago, now is forever said:

augmented accupuncture

Never heard of this. What is the difference to traditional one? 

my gf is allergic to pollen apparently, she will cough and sneeze for like 5 min straight sometimes. Really hard allergic reaction.

how can I help her ? She use aswell the drug that you breath press into your mouth, don't remember the name of it.

thanks for your post as always michael and particulary this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKTpfRakdO4

Nature is a system and everything that ain't love has to be removed or put in the trash

5 minutes ago, Aeris said:

She use aswell the drug that you breath press into your mouth, don't remember the name of it.

Do you mean an inhaler? Does she have asthma? 

4 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Never heard of this. What is the difference to traditional one? 

augmented accupuncture means they put two needles at some points on your neck on both sides of the spine you get some metal in your hand connected to a machine and then they augment the needles with electricity. before, they also apply some procain to the points where the needles are set on. the idea is that the pollen allergy is connected to the lungs and they disturb somehow the lung memory system. it‘s supposed to work only if you already have symptoms.

https://www.naturheilkunde-berlin.eu/treatments/augmented-acupuncture/?lang=en

it‘s in english.

i‘ll keep you updated if you are interested.

Edited by now is forever

13 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Do you mean an inhaler? Does she have asthma? 

Yes indeed. I had it myself and go to hospital for it when very young couldn't breath. But asthma disapear at my 6+ years old. I still remember a bit the feeling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKTpfRakdO4

Nature is a system and everything that ain't love has to be removed or put in the trash