PhilGR

First time contemplating

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,yesterday I had my first try on contemplation and it went really well , although I think it was a little fast .I sat down ,I wrote the question (about what is meaning ) and I started analyze where do we use the" meaning" in our lifes and why do we want our conversations to have meaning ,and what is actually the meaning and all of this . Finally I found my answer but it lasted about 20 minutes of contemplating. Have I done something wrong?

Edited by PhilGR

@PhilGR Hello fellow Greek mate. In my opinion maybe you did not hit the subject from many angles. I was sitting in the same subject and i felt that i did not know at all, so many angles and possibilities of outcome. 

It is about the process not the answer. 

@George Fil Thank you for the feedback fella !Does Leo explained what you said? Should I rewatch it??

@PhilGR you're doing great. don't worry about durations... just get used to it.

honest tip: avoid seeking external validation. when it comes down to enlightenment and deep insights, there's no ultimate authority except for direct experience.

unborn Truth

@PhilGR You're not going deep enough yet. You still haven't realized the depth of the question you are contemplating.

Wipe the slate clean and start your contemplation on this question again.

Do that every day for 7 days and see what happens.

You could contemplate that question every day for the next year and still not exhaust it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 hours ago, PhilGR said:

Finally I found my answer but it lasted about 20 minutes of contemplating. 

Reframe: I found AN answer after 20 minutes. Maybe there are other answers too, which are just as right, or fundamentally different, or even deeper.

@Leo Gura I believe that I don't have even scratched the surface ,but it was my first try,after your recommendations I tried again and this time with a lot of notes , more time for contemplation and deeper questionings.

@PhilGR Good, keep at it.

Contemplation is life-transforming. It takes some practice to do it well.

Keep pushing for more depth. Get metaphysical on that bitch ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.