Durka_Durka

Reichian Therapy?

3 posts in this topic

I've been reading Jack Willis' book on Reichian therapy and he seems to be rather vague about the types of problems that it can help. Does anyone have any experience of Reichian therapy and what it helps release? 

My understanding is that it helps release a lot of unconscious blocks and trauma that you may not be able to release by other techniques like talk therapy, journalling etc. 

I've done reichian therapy. I have no idea about the book you mentioned. It does exactly what you said. It releases suppressed feelings/memories that are stored in mind-body. My therapist used many kind of techniques to make those memories or emotions show up.Usually the focus was on the body sensations. I've been having extreme psychosomatic symptoms that's why I ended up choosing this kind of therapy. It helped a lot, in general took away the anxieties and fears which are result of all those traumatic experiences of the past. The physical pain hasn't gone completely though so I continue looking for other kind of therapy to keep releasing old stuff. 

@Durka_Durka Hey have you done the therapeutic sessions since you read the book? I started reading it today and I'm actually really excited to go deep into it. As he said it takes a looong time for changes, reminded me of meditation. "This here is no world of instant gratification." I like his approach and as far as I heard and can guess this is quite powerful!

Would be amazing to hear experiences if anyone here has any?