Seeker_of_truth

Is Life purpose Meaning or Passion ?

7 posts in this topic

Is life purpose that Leo talks about is about doing what you love or doing what you find meaningful and worthy do be done ?

I've always thought life purpose as finding my passion, but I just had this thought today that problems and Lows come everywhere. In that case, at that time, I won't be enjoying my work. But if my life purpose is about doing something that I feel is worth doing, then I will have an inner drive to do and punch that problem in its face. But again, what if I consistently don't like what I'm doing but it is meaningful to me..... So I'm confused here, what is this life purpose ? Meaning or Passion ? Or both ??? Or neither !!!

My understanding is that it is both. You find the most meaningful impact you can have - for your own life/legacy and for the world at large - and do what you love to actualise it. 

6 minutes ago, St Clair said:

My understanding is that it is both. You find the most meaningful impact you can have - for your own life/legacy and for the world at large - and do what you love to actualise it. 

So the primary question that I should ask myself is what is the most meaningful impact I can have. Once I find out that, finding how I accomplish it will be relatively easy. Right ?

Yes and no. Actually, I would say it's more like a process you go through, investigating both of these things together. They are both part of the equation you are trying to solve. The more you look into your passions and your authentic nature, the more you will uncover the impact that you could have with these things. And the more you start to connect with the impact you wish to have, the more sense you will make out of your various interests, talents and passions. At least, this was the case for me when I was discovering my life purpose. 

Edited by St Clair

Doing what you love is the main idea. But we tend to need some constructs and help to make that work. Some ideas, not just love, even if love will take one far after a certain point

On 7/31/2018 at 1:55 AM, Seeker_of_truth said:

Is life purpose that Leo talks about is about doing what you love or doing what you find meaningful and worthy do be done ? Same thing. The meaning (and the universe) are coming from you. 

I've always thought life purpose as finding my passion, but I just had this thought today that problems and Lows come everywhere. In that case, at that time, I won't be enjoying my work. The hell you say. Who decides this is true? You do. Attitude is everything. 

But if my life purpose is about doing something that I feel is worth doing, then I will have an inner drive to do and punch that problem in its face. There it is. No one can stop you, but fear and doubt. 

But again, what if I consistently don't like what I'm doing but it is meaningful to me..... Don’t be in now trying to pretend you’re in the future. When you get ‘there’, you’ll have grown, you’ll have removed much doubt & fear, and you will be ready, and you’ll ‘win’ - and it’ll be great. And then you’ll start to want to expand more. So be now. That’s where the passion IS. (Obviously, right? Future is a thought, past is a thought, the present though - look at it. Amazing, no?)

So I'm confused here, what is this life purpose ? Meaning or Passion ? Or both ??? Or neither !!!

The gift of uncertainty is, it’s up to you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE