RendHeaven

Vivid Dreams of Becoming Enlightened

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

Very recently I've begun to have many dreams of a similar nature. These dreams usually start out normally (I, as a self, am doing whatever... and of course I have an agenda of some sort) but then somewhere along the dream I start to question what's occurring and after some (seemingly) deep introspection, I realize I cannot exist. Not logically, even, but more or less instinctively, I just get hit with this immediate, overwhelming sense of "holy shit I am everything and nothing at once, and everything I used to think was false." This realization is followed by a mix of intense pleasure and horror, pleasure at the freedom I now have but horror at how wrong my entire life has been. I then proceed to continue doing whatever the fuck I was doing in this dream except this new "filter" of "I am nothing and everything" persists, all events seem to be a joke (for example last night in my dream I was back in high school and everything as serious... then this "enlightenment" thing happened and the setting didn't change but suddenly everything was so utterly meaningless but beautiful I was just enjoying the ride really as opposed to worrying about my surroundings). Let me stress how overwhelming it feels, by the way. It's completely mind-shattering, no words to describe it, all my senses are overwhelmed by chills/tingles, and I feel like crying.

What's especially interesting is that with this revelation I begin questioning "is this real?" "what if this is a dream?" I'm a very vivid dreamer so I always have trouble figuring out if I'm in a dream or not, but at least last night when I had this "enlightenment" experience in my dream I asked this of myself and the answer was "what's the difference?"

Well, I ended up waking up and the difference is night and day lol. Here I am back as my self and for all that the little dualistic me knows, everything I experienced was "just a dream," "just a fantasy in the ~brain~" (I'm still in the process of contemplating for myself if brains do or do not exist. I've been heavily indoctrinated by modern science, excuse me for not knowing ;))

Gosh, I hope universal intelligence is real. Perhaps this is myself telling myself to wake the fuck up? How cool would that be.

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

What’s the difference between dream and waking state? 

Its good to question waking state and to find out what the difference is. 

And mostly. Who is the one that experience wake, dream, and deep sleep?

Does the states change that which experience it?

@RendHeaven I love this so much! That was awesome... 

Not surprised you are having these dreams, especially if you are a vivid dreamer... The couple of times I got into practicing obe/astral projection (with little results) I would start having dreams about astral projecting. As soon as I gave up in "waking" world, the dreams stopped. When I pick it up, the dreams come back. 

It always sucked kinda, because I was so sure I was having a real obe, and even though I felt lucid, i was not lucid to the fact that i was dreaming, having been fooled so much by thinking it was a true obe.  This was every time... Dozens of dreams. But I like the experience of it because it has taught me so much about levels of lucidity, being so gullible, and the experience that reality truly is perspective. 

@starsofclay Glad I'm not the only one! I think that's part of why I posted, I wanted some sort of reassurance I suppose. At this point I guess all we can do is keep trying for the real deal, and the dreams may or may not come. What's SO curious is that while you're in the dream, there is no difference between that and "physical reality," but of course the second you wake up the boundaries are set in stone.

Maybe I'm just too unconscious haha I should do some shrooms.

It's Love.

@RendHeaven this introspection what you are doing in dreams is useful but do not forget to pay attention what is actually going on in a dream. This filter is wonderful to look through but it still distorts your reality of whats going on. Be honest of how you feel in dream about certain situations. And can you do something about it?

I recommend to write honestly again about this dream. Collect all the details and signs. Dont stop with signs that you dont have words for it. Also forget about storytelling. If its clear it will speak for itself. Now its only a matter of time when it all makes sense. Because this dream will come back again and again until you are honest about it and figure out what this dream wants you to understand.