CroMagna

I Want To Work From Home

37 posts in this topic

No, I've been interviewing, but no luck.  I have less than $100 left in my account.

On 9/15/2018 at 9:06 AM, CroMagna said:

No, I've been interviewing, but no luck.  I have less than $100 left in my account.

What type of jobs have you been able to interview for? Are they for jobs that can solely be done from home? 

On 8/5/2018 at 7:36 PM, CroMagna said:

No, my own interests don't extend beyond my own being and comfort, with the exception of maybe philosophy.  My favorite thing to do is positive thinking in silence and solitude.  I'm very inward.

I think that's the first obstacle.  I have no passion for solving societal problems beyond the basic moral obligation of contributing.  I have no passion for providing value, except in a quid pro quo fashion.

This is me, as well!! I have been struggling with what I should do for a job/career for a decade now. When people say "what would you do if money was no object, if you could do anything?" My answer is always "Surf the internet, hang out with friends, go to music festivals, go out to eat, relax on the couch, etc." lol I enjoy my silence and solitude too, I need it almost every day. I also have no passion for solving problems or providing value, I just want to exist. We are human beings not human doings! I hope we can both find a way to make it in this world.

That's what I do now.  It's ideal.  I used to have an office but I cancelled that and now work from home.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

20 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

That's what I do now.  It's ideal.  I used to have an office but I cancelled that and now work from home.

Wow! I have been working with an occupational type person who said it wasn't possible to work from home. That comment has been freaking me out because of my current life situation.

Try a search engine ad rating job. Thats what I do.

Depending on the company you apply for $12-$15/hr

Generally you work when you want.

Pretty good lifestyle.

Edited by Shadowraix

On 9/30/2018 at 10:49 AM, GaiaGoddess said:

This is me, as well!! I have been struggling with what I should do for a job/career for a decade now. When people say "what would you do if money was no object, if you could do anything?" My answer is always "Surf the internet, hang out with friends, go to music festivals, go out to eat, relax on the couch, etc." lol I enjoy my silence and solitude too, I need it almost every day. I also have no passion for solving problems or providing value, I just want to exist. We are human beings not human doings! I hope we can both find a way to make it in this world.

Literally me! But it was this attitude of passive victimhood that I used to rationalize a gambling addiction. As of recently though, I am making myself open to changing this attitude, challenging my past freeloader mentality and learning to become someone who creates value, and is compensated for it. No way I'm ever going back to a classroom or "wage slave" job either. This is utterly mindfucking, both because the possibilities are endless, and none of them has a clear path to follow, it's all 'do your own research, experiment and figure it out.'

On 10/3/2018 at 0:09 PM, Shadowraix said:

Try a search engine ad rating job. Thats what I do.

Depending on the company you apply for $12-$15/hr

Generally you work when you want.

Pretty good lifestyle.

I've been doing research on it and one of the problems I have discovered is a lot of these "companies" looking for workers are actually scams. Have you been able to work from home?

11 hours ago, XYZ said:

Literally me! But it was this attitude of passive victimhood that I used to rationalize a gambling addiction. As of recently though, I am making myself open to changing this attitude, challenging my past freeloader mentality and learning to become someone who creates value, and is compensated for it. No way I'm ever going back to a classroom or "wage slave" job either. This is utterly mindfucking, both because the possibilities are endless, and none of them has a clear path to follow, it's all 'do your own research, experiment and figure it out.'

If you don't mind me asking, isn't a gambling addiction super stressful? I don't understand gambling addictions because to me it seems super, super stressful.

Edited by TeamBills

8 minutes ago, TeamBills said:

I've been doing research on it and one of the problems I have discovered is a lot of these "companies" looking for workers are actually scams

You just Google "comapny's name + work/opinions" and check if it's a scam or not.

@TeamBills

The reality of existence I was/still am trying to escape with gambling is so much more stressful, and depressing than when my lottery tickets turn into worthless paper. I'm stuck in a unique kind of situation, lacking the resources and infrastructure to do anything successful, but having some access to money and credit that I've been abusing to gamble with.

My attitude's changed again, I've accepted that I'm a helpless victim in life, and don't know if I can ever be a value creator. Even if I one day do actually create things of value, I wouldn't expect them to be profitable, and I have no ability to compete with other people. I loathe competition, and comparing myself to others, just want to be a passive consumer and enjoy life, not a 'human doing.' No amount of shedding limiting beliefs could change the objective circumstances I find myself in. There's no opportunity to make money for me, it's a barren desert.

Haven't had any success finding someone to host me in their house in exchange for working in their lifestyle business. Now my tentative plan is to limit gambling to $5 a week so I haven't given up completely, and get a mental health evaluation, official diagnoses for autism, ADD and whatever else they can find, pay off all debt and put any remaining funds in a pooled trust and go on welfare. There's literally nothing much I can do in my current situation, but if they can give me a safe and comfortable home environment to live in, it's possible I can manage to get enough sleep, sleep more normal hours, and actually do productive things. Right now life is just one big cope, trying to sleep in an open living room with constant noise and no temperature protection.

0% chance I can do anything productive through working on the computer though, learned zero technical skills my whole life, my attention span while looking at a screen has melted to non-existent, and just use internet as a passive learning medium and means to distract and entertain myself. I'd also never work full time again, too depressing, especially since my slow pace of doing things means work takes up the whole day pretty much. Free time isn't really free when you have to stay near home cause you got to be in bed or at work in a few hours. Like to be outside and go for long walks every day, too much sitting or staying indoors makes me depressed. California is on fire now, but I still have to go outside and brave the smoke and ask since I'd go nuts just staying indoors all day on the computer or reading. 

@Shiva The purpose is being.  Leo said that being is the highest form of existence.  I don't need a life purpose other than "to be" or at the most "the end of suffering."

@Team Bills I'm on SSI for now.  I paid into the system by being a teacher.

@XYZ I see your point.  Philosophers and entrepreneurs like Leo create all this free content and I use it and then don't put anything out there, so that is freeloading.  On the other hand, there are people who live in caves who are actually fed and even given medical treatment.  But I do see your point.  So not sure where to go from there.

Edited by CroMagna