David Turcot

Tired of not being enlightened, where can I find a master?

70 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Shin said:

That's a lot of assumptions ?

Two Stage Orange people argue over who has the biggest tool.  Two Stage Green people argue over who feels most guilty for having the biggest tool.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 29/07/2018 at 0:08 PM, David Turcot said:

Tired of not being enlightened, where can I find a master?

what does "enlightenment" even mean to you?

unborn Truth

17 hours ago, Nahm said:

@abrakamowse Why do you want to become enlightened?

@Nahm  I just want to know or "see" directly what I am...

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

17 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Total comprehension of what prevents that seeing brah. ? but not verbal/intellectual comprehension. 

Edited by Jack River

20 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Just look

What you see is what it is

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

18 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

"see" directly what I am...

Comprehend all the contents of the conditioned consciousness. With that total comprehension there is its ending. The the unknown is allcthat is left dude. 

@abrakamowse what is the nature of what blocks seeing? Things like fear/desire/choice/assumption/clinging to bias/resistance and such. This seeing=unlimited energy/love. All things that prevent the seeing are what limits energy/love. 

Edited by Jack River

Is being motivated by the goal a part of that energy wastage? The goal to become a thing of thought. 

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River @Shin  Thanks a lot for your comments.

I was reading the book that @Outer posted Happiness Beyond Thought by Weber and what he says that enlightenment is I have that. I had that insight long time ago. Maybe the ego still needs to surrender more that's why I am looking for more.

I will post part of the book here so you see what I am saying:

“A veil was lifted. All of a sudden there was recognition that I’m not my thoughts. Everyone always says it but I never felt it. It turns out I’m actually not the voice in my “head” that says stuff. That’s separate from me. Immediately after was the recognition “I am awareness” … I really am ad hoc. Thoughts occur, feelings occur, body occurs (physical sensations), I witness.… It’s so big, though, the feel. I am AWARENESS, not just I am aware. That’s big … Better: awareness is aware.… it’s less personal than me.… and regardless of what I want, what is is and what will happen will happen.”

This e-mail from a student of mine captures what awakening is. It is the clear recognition that we aren’t our thoughts or the stories that we tell ourselves. We aren’t the bodies that we worry about so much. We aren’t the sensations that we crave and fear. We are the already present happiness, the still awareness beyond thought within which all of this occurs. That awareness is beyond fear, beyond suffering, beyond death itself.

All this, I know beyond doubt. But I am still looking and seeking. People who is enlightened say that once you are enlightened you know it without a doubt. Why I don't know it? If all these that Weber says happened to me. I know without a doubt that I am not my thoughts, that I am not this body that the only thing I am aware or that I can be sure that it is IS awareness.... so why I still have doubts?

Maybe it means that as they say, enlightenment is only the beginning. And I already know what is needed for enlightenment, but I only need to discriminate more to know what I really am.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@abrakamowse

What’s the plan, overall?

I don't have a plan really. I know that to do something will go against what I have to discover. So, I only have to wait for "grace" or a non-event to happen that is not in my hands. That's one part of the thing.

The other part is that I know that stories sometimes can help to get liberation, so I meditate... pray... I don't really know what I am doing really.

Maybe I have to be quiet the whole day Lol...

:-P

@abrakamowse hope dude...does hope prevent freedom? Does hope kill freedom? 

Can you totally disregard all you ever heard about “enlightenment”?, and start from scratch. Can you see that the end/gaol corrupts from the start? Does these means that have been passed down through tradition/thought in there nature block freedom?

Edited by Jack River

To empty the mind of the past, all the things of thought, is something else dude. 

The fact that people in this forum usually will make the fun out of you with non-duality and no-self concepts.

My response for you is you're close, you opened this thread yet wanted to come a little closer, something inside tells you to "look come closer come come" but this is a temporary and a good thing that you respond to it with "I'm tired"

The fact that if you've been enlightened we were not able to talk about how you're close or not. This is the exciting thing to notice for. You're getting closer. Just remind yourself that "yes I'm here for the truth, please guide me truth" and stay grounded.

Edit: Remember all the good and truth is on your side.

Edited by non_nothing

3 minutes ago, Jack River said:

@abrakamowse hope dude...does hope prevent freedom? Does hope kill freedom? 

Can you totally disregard all you ever heard about “enlightenment”?, and start from scratch. Can you see that the end/gaol corrupts from the start? Does these means that have been passed down through tradition/thought in there nature block freedom?

Maybe that's what I have to do. I was trying that too, but maybe not enough. I try to see everything like new, no labels. I was practicing that lately.

5 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Maybe that's what I have to do. I was trying that too, but maybe not enough. I try to see everything like new, no labels. I was practicing that lately.

But the motive is deep within the reaction of thought. Motive/desire/thought are really one. If there is a psychological seeking we will inherently add labels and projects the contents of thought/self. When I saw the truth of this it blew mind away dude. When we see it as fact/truth we don’t move in the pattern of thought projection anymore. The unknown doesn’t come about in kind cultivation. Which includes motive/desire in pursuit. 

Edited by Jack River

For me I saw that motive=fear. And motive goes way deeper than the usual conscious awareness that is distorted by self. self does t recognize the subtle motive/fear. We think we are aware of all fear movement, but it slips through undetected. 

Edited by Jack River

Only “enlightenment” is projected, pursued, and captured. But that in its structure is fixed.  Anything fixed is still influenced by reaction/conditioned mind. Reaction and conditioning projects and clings to it’s end goal. This is resistance. Resistance to what is, as in change. 

To end this resistance by clinging to the patterns of thought, as in desire/thought content, is to flow with change. Attachment to thought movement means resistance to change dude. This seriously blew my limited mind appart brahxD

Edited by Jack River

54 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I don't have a plan really. I know that to do something will go against what I have to discover. So, I only have to wait for "grace" or a non-event to happen that is not in my hands. That's one part of the thing.

The other part is that I know that stories sometimes can help to get liberation, so I meditate... pray... I don't really know what I am doing really.

Maybe I have to be quiet the whole day Lol...

:-P

I think you have to be patient in the waiting while still trying, while still being conscious you could realize it right now without doing anything at all.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them