David Turcot

Tired of not being enlightened, where can I find a master?

70 posts in this topic

Hi,

David 37 years old,

searching for enlightened for 20 years now. I had a few glimpse with self inquiry and some spychadealics (not the top one I don't where to find them).

But I'm TTTTTTTTTTTTTTiiiiiiiiiired, I need a master who will guide me, en enlightened master.

Were can I find one?

Thanks Leo.

There is no master

You create the image of “enlightenment”, and you perpetually seek to attain that self projection. 

Liberation comes with holistic understanding of the i. 

Depending on any form of authority prevents the necessary freedom to understand yourself. 

Maybe instead of trying to “become”, understand this desire to become. Watch it free of any “masters” two cents, distorting the fact. 

You don’t want to play that endless game for ever do you?? 

Edited by Faceless

17 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

@David Turcot

The one who is seeking is the illusion. You will never find it:x

Humans are famous for trying impossible things and succeeding! 

#BestEgosInUniverse

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

1 minute ago, Feel Good said:

What do you mean? 

I mean what I said. 

It is a story of accomplishing impossible feats. Like finding the seeker. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

1 minute ago, Feel Good said:

You don't get it xD

The seeker is an illusion. That's what blocks "enlightenment". There is no seeker. 

Well, there is no seeker, once it is found. The self in fact IS found. It just doesn't have any objective qualities. 

Just now, WelcometoReality said:

@David Turcot Tired? In what way?

Perhaps the endless conflict of chasing “its” own tail.

The misery of nourishing the self feeding loop⭕️

There are great teachers everywhere. Just depends on where you live and if you are able to travel. Oh wait, you can also have Skype sessions with some.

Btw: imo it is almost impossible to get very far without a real teacher. and recognizing some version of "there is no x, y, z" is imo not very deep.

2 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

Not really sure where you're going with this :D

?

If you believe there is no self, that is a wrong belief that is used to untie consciousness from egoic identity. But is ultimately false. Consciousness IS and that is what the seeker seeks.   

@David TurcotIf you look deep within you will see that dependence implies and perpeturtes fear. As long as there is fear freedom is not. As long as there is no freedom, time, (the entity who wants to become), remains the very preventing factor to timeless being. 

Liberation is not something to be cultivated. It  comes when fear, dependence, attachment, to all forms of authority end. 

You can spend 40 years following, or you can end that perpetual movement of fear now by seeing the futility Lin it all.

Freedom is not in within the field of time my good friend, it is timeless. 

Only thought ‘thinks’ freedom can be cultivated. That is the only functional pattern the self knows. 

Freedom is now, or never. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless imo it is very easy to fool oneself without having a mirror or any kind of feedback. "Independence" is as much based on fear as "dependence". In fact I would even go so far as saying that a teacher is more necessary after any kind of awakening. At least that is my experience.

7 minutes ago, Toby said:

Independence" is as much based on fear as "dependence

Only if independence is born of its opposite, dependence. 

Both remain a movement of fear. As long as there is a motive, (time), or to (become this or not that), fear will continue to enslave itself. 

Freedom to understand ourselves without the here say of another is fundamental. 

Edited by Faceless

You can seek out teachers all you want. If you feel that’s necessary than by all means do it. But you don’t have to. Don’t let anyone fill your head with such nonsense. 

We all share with one another. We are all learning the art of living together. No teacher-student bs, but student-student communion. 

In Communion there is no advising or dependence. 

Edited by Faceless

When the student is ready the teacher comes... or somethng like that.

A short video on point that I saw recently:

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

?

Thought always wants to imitate, conform too, adhere to a teaching, depend on its knowledge, experience, through memory, then with that, find freedom. To move within the field of time,(psychological becoming) ...To escape what is, to abstraction, of what we want to be. All a movement of fear. 

Fear evading its own movement of fear through dependence on “sacred knowledge”...

The self, experience, knowledge, memory) seeking security in itself, experience, knowledge, memory)..classic self perpetuation, self preservation. 

Instead of playing that game, we can start nearer to home by understanding the self very deeply. 

Silence comes with holistic self understanding and attention.

To talk about “knowledge of god” or “the absolute” is going beyond where one hasn’t yet begun. 

When you deeply understand the self-thought, you will not get caught up in all the (jive turkey ?) spiritual teaching mumbo jumbo. 

Instead participate in active communication with people who are interested in thought-self. Learn together about what can be observed directly in oneself. 

Thats the great thing about a forum. An opportunity for communication. 

Edited by Faceless