Amer

Shrooms first timer

14 posts in this topic

Hello Actualizers,

What is the best way to take Mushrooms (for a first timer) ? what is the amount and if there's any certain "type" especially for spiritual breakthrough/ consciousness growth? I am going to take it for the first time and I am really excited. Yet, trying to collect info to make the best out of the experience. would really appreciate your insights!

@Amer  

Based on my experience I’d suggest taking a half a gram of shroom tea once a month for two months, then 1 g once a month for two months.  From there you’ll have a good idea  where are you want to go. 

The trips are wasteful without a strong foundation. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

10 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The trips are wasteful without a strong foundation

what do you recommend for this

My first time on shrooms was spent on my surf board out in the ocean. It was extreme. I paddled in after a while. I remember being scared to put my any parts of my body in the water xD

Edited by Jack River

@moon777light Enough sleep, some exercise, aligned eating, daily morning meditation, shadow work, a decent amount of theory, a consistently happy state of mind, and emotional self reliance. At least a couple months of those. 

@Nahm thanks for the valuable information.. what is mentioned in your first comment was a bit disappointing for me as I am really looking forward to it and I don't really have that much access to it. I have been planning this since a couple of weeks now and I don't know when I can get it after that. nevertheless I'll practice what you have mentioned until I try it. 

@Igor82 So you don’t go back to sleep when you are enlightened. It’s up to maya how much is enough, until it is up to you. When it’s up to you, that was enough, and there is no such thing as maya, or theory, and there never was. 

@Nahm

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

So you don’t go back to sleep when you are enlightened.

How is theory keeping me from falling asleep?

@Igor82 You’re asleep right now, so this is not possible to communicate to you.  But a moment will come when you wake up. The theory, then, will play a role in not falling asleep again. 

@Nahm If of preparation for an awakening, what kind of theory is worthwhile to prioritize/pursue?

*Maybe this is my ego talking... But I wrote down this in my post-mortem of my sisters awakening in my notebook:

The only thing that I can take away from this is some new expectations and some more motivation for this work.

However much concepts make sense, they won't help you, only knowledge of how to achieve higher awareness will help you. You need proper expectations and intimate knowledge with the techniques of raising awareness... Dont try to dissect the truth, dissect the ego instead.

I became aware that the ego has taken the concept of itself and made it seem harmless in my eyes, but this incident with my sister has radically shifted my expectations. The ego has taken hold of theory, diluted it and made it its own weapon.

Well, as I write this, I realize that im afraid that the ego will make me unconscious, I don't want to go to the hell of unconsciousness, but the ego is such a complex thing, it's like trying to fight and kill a god which has you as their biggest enemy... That's why I write "don't try to dissect truth", because I didn't want the ego to change my expectations.

But then I realise, my expectations are comprised of the very theory!! 

I don't want the ego to dilute me, im afraid of that

Sorry for this long thing, I wanted to put some context on why I ask these questions

Edited by Igor82
Context

46 minutes ago, Igor82 said:

If of preparation for an awakening, what kind of theory is worthwhile to prioritize/pursue?

Any and all, making your own distinctions. It’s a process. 

47 minutes ago, Igor82 said:

The only thing that I can take away from this is some new expectations and some more motivation for this work.

However much concepts make sense, they won't help you, only knowledge of how to achieve higher awareness will help you. You need proper expectations and intimate knowledge with the techniques of raising awareness... Dont try to dissect the truth, dissect the ego instead

That’s great stuff right there. 

Studying ‘reality’ - what is outside you, and also you body, brain & mind...in addition to contemplating questions....are all really self inquiry, but that’s seen later, after the processes. 

Another way to say what your sister wrote is that all anything is and all anyone wants, is consciousness, even after awakening, though it’s all recontextualized. 

Then sort of a catch, imo, if she had ample theory, she probably would have had much more of an awakening, than a fleeting glimpse. (Assuming is was fleeting)

@Nahm

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

Then sort of a catch, imo, if she had ample theory, she probably would have had much more of an awakening, than a fleeting glimpse. (Assuming is was fleeting)

But how! How can a rich library of a bunch of concepts trigger a deeper awakening?

I can see that knowledge plays the role in changing your behavior, but how does the behavior play in when concepts are transcended? Or is it not about behavior at all?                    

Edited by Igor82
I mean in the context of in that moment when her insight happend, not that she couldve built up to it.

@Igor82 That’s really broad but an example might be having a good understanding of psychology, neurology, biology, quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, nonduality, Christianity, Islam....so there’s a moment on a trip where you realize how it is an illusion, and how people (ego wise) are creating their own versions, how science was only ever people describing things. Then it sticks because it is suddenly the only obvious possibility. And kinda BAM, you remember what you are.