Widdle Puppy

Tips for when your environment changes

4 posts in this topic

I'm very sensitive to my environment changing and having my routine break. I'm visiting my parents and they are very negative, lazy and not the type of people to do personal development work seriously. 

It has really hit me hard and make me feel like I'm back sliding staying here. I can't stand being here and it makes me feel kinda sad and depressed. I don't think I'm going to visit them much going forward since I know it's what's best for me. But even then I have some more time here and am wondering what advice you have when you go from a positive environment to a negative one? How do you keep your head up during these changes?

Detach yourself from all of that bullshit. Don't identify with it

How to detach? When a thought of that nature comes up, you drop it, and you drop it like you drop your arm. You don't resist, and you allow the negativity thought to arise, but you detach and let go. Carry on with that. It's a loop!

Allow the negativity nature to occur, then let go of it. Detach from it! This is not resisting it, you're simply allowing the negativity to flow.

If you can, try to find the problem as @Feel Good said. When it gets too much, go for a walk, or another way to separate from them.

Empty your mind with the bullshit

You're not human, you're the universe

5 hours ago, Feel Good said:

@Widdle Puppy

There are no positive or negative environments. It's you who is projecting your preferences onto your "environment" and it seems like "others" are tormenting you.

Watch Leo's video:

Yes, logically I agree. I've watched this one before but I should give it a rewatch. It's just really hard sometimes. Like sometimes your projections onto that environment are too strong and keep you from doing what you need to do to help yourself and you might need to scale back what you are capable of doing in that moment.

3 hours ago, Feel Good said:

You might want to change the "you" for "I". 

This sounds like victim thinking to me. 

:x

yeah it is I know. It's just hard to make progress sometimes cause the situation might just be so hard and you have to rethink things to make it work.