Charlotte

Feeling stuck

17 posts in this topic

Do you ever get to a point and just feel a bit stuck? I'm not going to lie at the moment I'm extremely frustrated. 

I want to have multiple direct experiences of the absolute and be able to embody it.

I can't do large doses of psychedelics due to fu**ing panic attacks (it really frustrates me, apologies for the language), I self enquire, meditate, remind mindful daily, I practice yoga daily, I'm working on systems thinking and I eat clean af.

I do everything I possibly can and I feel stagnated with it all. I don't know why but I feel like with all my practices (apart from meditation) they are pulling me further away somehow. Why do I feel lost? Wtf is going on ?

Can anybody recommend anything to cut all this bullshit? 

Edited by Charlotte

Fear seeks security in seeking various types of experiences. 

Seeking these experiences is the very binding movement of psychological dependence that becomes the burden of of time, and prevents timeless being. 

Are you sure experience is what you are looking for?

And who is this experiencer? 

Is it not one and the same movement of experience. 

Observe with care...what causes this disharmony with your “absolute”? 

Is it not the accompanied implications of the “experiencer”, which is the carry over of (experience, knowledge, memory), or (static content) onto each new, fresh, and (dynamic) movement of the now? 

Can this “absolute” be experienced, or is it the absense of experience at all. 

Its easy to take a substance and temporarily remove that space between the experiencer and the experiencing. But when there is a cessation of carry over of the veil of experience, (psychological memory as the i), in that every moment in daily life makes for not a mere “temporary experience”, but a never ending, and ongoing movement of unconditioned freedom. 

To meet each moment afresh. The most creative movement that can take place. 

A dynamic stillness. Timelessness or what I call headlessness. 

Again, are you sure what you want is mere experience??

Edited by Faceless

Keep going! Your probably already more awake than most on this planet:) Try to balance up your practice with an acceptance of whatever happens. When I was stucked, I found out that I had to take care of the small things, seemingly very small things. The way I talked with family members, what subtle signals I sended out at work, the way I connected with people was´nt always very genuine. Before that was taking care of it was hard for me to find the "deeper self"

Edited by Hsinav

@Charlotte You've built a spiritual ego who thinks it must conquer or own something of his own. Observe the one who's frustrated and you'll intuitively know what's the cause of your agitation regarding your progress, sooner or later. 

Edited by Stoica Doru

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

@Faceless You've really opened my eyes... Your absolutely a million percent right. So my 'seeking' has to stop because this is what's "keeping me stuck". But I'm confused, what should I actually do as an alternative then? Continue my practices without seeking? It's so counterintuitive but I totally understand.  

23 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Again, are you sure what you want is mere experience

Yes and no.

@Hsinav thank you for your reply, very helpful.

@Stoica Doru Makes so much sense, thank you

❤️

Just now, see_on_see said:

If you can't be happy right fucking now, what's the point of all that stuff? 

You're going about it backwards, trying to force things to happen out of frustration. 

Just let go and learn to be happy right now. That's the most important thing, then everything comes after that. 

???????????

@see_on_see No I think you've misunderstood me, I don't do the practices out of frustration, I do them out of sheer interest/love. I am happy 99.9% of the time, I'm just frustrated tonight ?

I'm going to take @ajasatya advice and sit down and give up, absolutely right. I've learnt a lot from you guys tonight, thank you so much all of you. I'm just having one of those nights ? ❤️

Your beleifs create your emotions, they create your circumstances, they create everything. Change your beleifs by anchoring a higher vibration all of the time. Use decrees, affirmations, heart-centered awareness, follow highest excitement; and surrender/just being when you feel you are ready to take the leap into the infinite.

http://www.morepublish.com/en/shop/detail/3-e-books/flypage/214-ebook-invoking-light-through-decrees-and-affirmations?sef=hcfp

I post this teacher a lot, but he has helped me the most with his teachings :) 

“As you already know, suffering exists and there is a state free from suffering. 

The mind will have many reasons for choosing suffering. The mind believes “I am unworthy of love”. “Enlightenment is too difficult”. “Society won’t let me be happy”. My romantic partner is the cause of my suffering.” “My parents caused all my problems.” Etc. All of these thoughts, and others, continue to create emotions of suffering inside our bodies and minds. As though we are hypnotized, we continue to listen to these thoughts and feel these emotions. We stay identified with what we hear and feel. We stay convinced that we are this story, this false self. We continue to suffer and feel we’ll never find a way out.

There is a solution. 

There is a very direct spiritual method that will free you from your ego and all of it’s beliefs, stories and emotions. This method bypasses all need to analyze the mind’s content. This method is the most direct way to experience emotional freedom, a silent mind, and a blissful Heart. 

Watch this video to be guided in this method of spiritual awakening.

Trust in the Heart’s energy. Your direct experience of the Spiritual Heart will show you that it is trustworthy. By putting your faith and trust in your own Spiritual Heart, you can more easily leave the suffering of your thoughts and emotions. That which we trust, we connect with and we move closer to.

Your trust is one of your most potent spiritual tools for personal transformation. Use it!

I wish you success on your spiritual journey of awakening. May you be blessed.

Blessings and Love.”

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Charlotte Maybe your forcing things to much? Perhaps you can ease your way into the practice rather than push to make things happen?

If I'm making any sense to you.

@Solace Thank you so so much solace! I got up to minute 5 or so and realised it's a practical video so I'll definitely continue first thing in the morning. He seems well chill that guy, looks stoned out of his head but I like him ? Thanks again ❤️

@WelcometoReality Yes, somebody called me a warrior the other day, and I asked what she meant by that and she said "you push forward" so I've taken what she said and linked it with what you said and it makes sense. I'll slow down and take a back seat a little more. Thank you. 

@Feel Good Thank you dude ❤️

@Charlotte I thought so too. He is in a delta brain wave state, and most of time we are in a very deep sleep when we reach that ?

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Can there be an awarness of this seeking, without any movement to carry that seeking through, or stop it?

Can there be space without that action-reaction(response)? 

Few questions to ask ourselves:)  

Are you aware of all the subtle forms of seeking that take place from moment to moment? You would be suprised how much seeking psychological security goes unnoticed.  

Be careful with your attention. When you are reading other peoples posts that talk about there “enlightenment” experiences, or the experience of the absolute, use that time reading, to observe your reactions to that reading. You may see this compulsion to create an image and seek security in that self projected image. This tends to happen when we read about “great experiences” of others. ?

Thought always wants to measure and compare itself with projected images is it has invented through imagination. 

its ok. Just watch it. 

Anyway take it easy, friend. Life is much to beautiful to spend it chasing an image you created out of fear, or resistance to the actual. 

Edited by Faceless

Apologies for late reply had family health issues to attend to. 

Your absolutely right faceless, thank you for your response. 

At my local Buddhist temple they are holding a talk on fear and I jumped right on it and bought a ticket. I look forward to hearing this talk and will update. 

When i was in that phase with psychedelics at the beginning i forced myself the highest dose of DMT i could and the ego had no chance but to surrender cause it felt like a nuclear bomb going off in my consciousness. This was similar to my Awakening, i forced all that i didn't wanna face and feared and surrendered to death itself, in that ultimate darkness, i found unconditional love, the ultimate light.

B R E A T H E

Everything is futile. One has to understand this. If you don’t understand it, you will always remain in illusion. Everything is futile and in life there is no progress, no improvement, because life is eternally there. Life is already perfect.

All that you try to do to make it more perfect is futile, but it takes time to realise it. Now you are feeling stuck. You can do two things. You can change your style of life and then for a few days again you will be on a honeymoon – hopes and desires and ambitions… and the possibility of tomorrow again becomes alive. But after a few days that tomorrow never comes. Again you are stuck and the whole thing again becomes routine.
It is just like when you love a woman. The honeymoon over, the love is over. By the end of the honeymoon you are again seeking and searching for another woman. But you can go on in this way from one honeymoon to another but it is not going to help in any way. You have to realise that there is nothing to achieve in life. Life is not goal-oriented. Life is eternally herenow. It is already perfect. It cannot be improved upon.

Once you realise this, then there is no future, no hope, no desire, and no ambition. You live this moment; you enjoy and delight in it.
The feeling of stuckness is coming because you still have ambition left in the mind. That ambition is creating the frustration that nothing is improving – but there is nothing to be improved! The trees are happy because they don’t try to improve. They don’t listen to any foolish sermons of Vincent Peale or others. They don’t bother at all about the future.
Look at life. Everything is so delighted, right this moment. So be delighted. This time, don’t change and don’t create another illusion. If you are feeling stuck, feel stuck. But tell the mind, ‘Now I am not going to create another dream for you so that you are riding on the wind again for a few days. No more !’
Live with this stuckness and try to understand why you feel it. You are feeling it because you are always keeping a goal ahead. You have to reach somewhere, you have to go somewhere. Where? Life is here – where are you going? There is nowhere to go.
Once you understand that, the stuckness will melt away. It is created by you, by your idea that one should be always growing, always growing. Where will you reach by always growing? Now you are mature enough to understand that life has no meaning in the future. The meaning is intrinsic, herenow, in the present.
So enjoy your food, enjoy the people you love, enjoy your work, enjoy your sleep, and forget all about the future. Then the stuckness will melt by itself. Nothing is to be done. It is not a problem. The problem is deeper than your stuckness. The problem is that you are still hankering; the mind is greedy.
One day everybody has to come to that point and to realise, ‘What nonsense am I doing with my life? – wasting it in improving it while it is already perfect.’
That’s what I mean when I say that you are gods – nothing is to be done.
Delight in the fact of your being. Enjoy the way you are and enjoy the world that’s available to you. Then each moment becomes a diamond in itself. Life is no more a means. Each moment is an end unto itself. That’s what Jesus means when he says ‘Think not of the morrow’.
For one month, live in the moment, and even if you feel that stuckness, let it remain there. Nothing is to be done. Tell it, ‘Okay, I accept you, but I am not going to do anything. I am going to live moment to moment.’ And enjoy yourself. For one month, without any goal, without the achieving mind constantly boiling within, without any desire, simply live. That’s what a religious man is.

~ Osho

What's the difference between a duck?