SFRL

Self-Love

14 posts in this topic

"Selve-Love" is a popular word used on this forum. 

What do you associate with this term "Selve-Love"?

What does "Selve-Love" practically look like to you?

Console yourself in times of hardship.
Tell yourself that you love yourself.
Be positive and motivating in your self talk.
Dont talk yourself down.

Basically treat yourself like you were someone you actually cared about. - Jordan Peterson

To me, self love means a number of things.

Loving the parts of yourself you struggle to love and accept. The parts that you feel most resistance to. This first and foremost. 

Treating oneself like you would a close family member/friend. 

Accepting yourself as you are/where you are presently, no matter what that may be. 

It’s the direct path to the Truth. The ‘problem’ is that it’s unbelievable - a problem which each of us create. That’s what so damn funny when you touch beyond beliefs.

❤️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 hours ago, SFRL said:

Western mind set tool for the depressed, stressed and lonely world of westerners.

It's a way of forcefully overiding their negative behavior, or to stop being negative towards themselves.

If you think it will help you try it out. I think practicing gratitude and seeing how many things actually do go your way is a much better way to overide negative tendencies. "oh look I have shelter, a bed to sleep in, food to eat, water, ability to shower, a job to get paid, a car that works and drives me to work" etc. etc.

why does love sometimes feel uncomfortable and you feel like retreating from it? Like you can feel yourself dipping your toes in but it feels foreign and it makes sadness sort of come up?

38 minutes ago, Widdle Puppy said:

why does love sometimes feel uncomfortable and you feel like retreating from it? Like you can feel yourself dipping your toes in but it feels foreign and it makes sadness sort of come up?

That sounds like those lines from that movie Conair ? I can't find the movie clip now. 

Edited by SFRL

I think for me self-love I know associate with being by myself. 

Going more of a loner route. I really need to stay by myself and take responsibility for all the drama I let on/generate in my life. 

That shit takes up a lot of headspace. 

Now I am more on my own it opens up headspace to focus and contemplate other avenues. 

I can't say that I necesairly have anything I don't like about myself or some physical feature that bugs me, that I am aware of, but maybe that will be unraveled in time.

On 7/28/2018 at 1:34 AM, SFRL said:

Self-Love is what is there when you let go of Self-Hatred. It's knowing that you're valid regardless of what you do or don't do, and not feeling like you're inadequate in some way. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Self-Love is acceptance of self, allowance of your actions and behaviors, trusting that every moment you are doing your best, appreciating and being grateful for who you are. Don't punish yourself for your ups and downs, instead accept they are all part of the process for your own growth and expansion, sooner or later the clues in (why this had to happen/why that had to happen) become more and more obvious that they were there in order for you to become who you are today.

Don't like your outcome? Change your beliefs and definitions of it into the ones you do prefer.

B R E A T H E

On 7/28/2018 at 5:37 AM, Shroomdoctor said:

Console yourself in times of hardship.
Tell yourself that you love yourself.
Be positive and motivating in your self talk.
Dont talk yourself down.

Basically treat yourself like you were someone you actually cared about. - Jordan Peterson

great video. very helpful during this hard period im going through. 

woke up today and felt particularly awful. I hate how I can go from a place were I feel like I'm conquering the world to being the lowest of the low... I don't understand why...

I'm going to get through this I know but oh my god it's so fucking hard right now :(

I hate myself but I'm going to try and love whatever this hate is or the part of me hating myself. 

Edited by Widdle Puppy