Hamilcar

There's something weird with 5 Meo DMT

12 posts in this topic

I mean ... think about it :
How could something that belongs in a dream , allow someone to be aware that he is in a dream ?
Isn't it weird ?
I could understand the effects of LSD , or even DMT , considering it's very visual.
but imagine that you are dreaming at night , and in that dream , you eat a candy , and that candy allows you to be aware that you are dreaming.
how is it even possible ...

I assume you haven´t actually tried 5meo ;) nothing wil make sense, until it does. And once it does make sense, it will be a remebering. Remembering something we have forgotten

@Hamilcar Equally strange is self-awareness.
How can you actually think, that you can think about yourself.
That you can fit yourself within yourself.

It's absurd.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

9 hours ago, Hamilcar said:

imagine that you are dreaming at night , and in that dream , you eat a candy , and that candy allows you to be aware that you are dreaming.
how is it even possible

That's certainly possible.

Try dreaming of such a candy tonight in your dreams ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Hamilcar Anything is possible while dreaming, it feels like a lab in which anything can be tested. Two nights ago I dreamed that my father wanted me to trip. I layed down, he poke a hole into my thumb and inserted some special chili. I started to feel drunk and increasingly numb, my vision went dark. I was in total darkness, just drifting away like in a floating tank. There was no contact to anything and I disappeared more and more. Eventually I returned and told my brother, who was trip sitting, how it was. Then I woke up? 

12 hours ago, Hamilcar said:

I mean ... think about it :
How could something that belongs in a dream , allow someone to be aware that he is in a dream ?
Isn't it weird ?
I could understand the effects of LSD , or even DMT , considering it's very visual.
but imagine that you are dreaming at night , and in that dream , you eat a candy , and that candy allows you to be aware that you are dreaming.
how is it even possible ...

Are you aware of “reality checks” to help induce lucid dreaming?

9 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Are you aware of “reality checks” to help induce lucid dreaming?

I was going to mention the same thing. Eating a candy in your dream could be a reality check used to make you lucid dream. Not the most practical way to go about it but probably possible, as Leo said.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

12 hours ago, see_on_see said:

Terence McKenna once said he had a dream where someone handed him a pipe with DMT, he smoked it, and he actually had a real, full-blown DMT trip, without actually taking DMT in real life. 

I call B.S. on that.  People make a lot of shit up.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

22 hours ago, Greatnestwithin said:

I assume you haven´t actually tried 5meo ;) nothing wil make sense, until it does. And once it does make sense, it will be a remebering. Remembering something we have forgotten

that's interesting!
is that why people who awaken for the first time , sometimes burst in laughter ?

26 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

I had a few wild psychedelic trips in dreams myself, with incredibly vivid and realistic visuals and hallucinations,

@see_on_see Now that you mention this I did too the other night.  I totally forget about it til now. I remember becoming conscious that I was tripping in my sleep.

@Hamilcar I have had certain awakenings in the past where I would just burst in laughter. In the two times I did bufo my heart opened to degrees I never thought/felt possible for a human being to experience ( pure and total LOVE). I felt a sense of gratitude beyond what I have felt (in my life all together) prior to that experience.

I also became absolute infinity and it was so clear and obvious. There is nothing else that it could be but infinity. The second exprience was actually BEING GOD ( I have never used that word in my life, but it made "sense" why people have used it in the past to describe this. But again this is a just a label)

After the experience I sat down in silence for about 45 minutes. All it was left was to remain silent . after a few hours went by, I could even feel how my own psyque/mind was being constructed again trying to cognise and "make sense" of the experience and of course that is just silly, the mind cannot understand this and in that moment I realized why.

Awakening is beyond all the books I have read, all the videos I have watched, all that I thought I knew about enlightenment, all the hours and work I have put over the last 3 years  and even all the prior awakenings I have had. it is just too radical that it makes sense why (going down this path)  we don´t even open ourselves to such possibility to begin with ( Because the reality is that we don´t even know what we are opening ourselves to)

The rabbit hole goes deeper than we can even imagine... 

This is an interesting topic...

I think psychedelics don't allow you to see that you are in a dream. You are naturally already awake, but psychedelics may temporarily remove the barrier that doesn't allow you to be aware of that. 

Kriya yoga, meditation, etc, on the other hand, work to permanently remove those barriers, without the artificial inducement of psychedelics.