Wes Thoughts

Chakras: Real or not? Testimonials please

53 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Outer said:

Well, that's what I mean when I say physical. From atoms and up.

Stop with these belief implied, there is no implied belief.

Yes, don't you see the screen? You probably don't see the pixels though, unless you look closer...

Yes I haven't said it, you're right. So why write like if I have? You're arguing against your own assumptions.

I was defining physical. Language...?

So I don't get it. Do you or do you not believe the world is physical? In other words, made out of physical stuff called matter? 
Forgive me, I was left under the impression that you believe that... Didn't know it was just about definitions.

But if you do believe that, then I have to post this link again... I really like that site...

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/special-pleading

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

5 minutes ago, Outer said:

What do you mean by the world?

I mean what is. The one and only present moment reality. 

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@sarapr I've looked into the higgs boson, double slit/quantum physics etc. None of it means there is no 'physical reality', it just says our understanding of it is limited/imperfect.  

- wanted to add the idea that atoms pop in and out of existence isn't correct, but a popular belief - it's just that at a  level particles can't be said to have a certain position, they exist in a sort of cloud of probability until measured..

Edited by Dogsbestfriend

2 hours ago, Dogsbestfriend said:

@sarapr I've looked into the higgs boson, double slit/quantum physics etc. None of it means there is no 'physical reality', it just says our understanding of it is limited/imperfect.  

- wanted to add the idea that atoms pop in and out of existence isn't correct, but a popular belief - it's just that at a  level particles can't be said to have a certain position, they exist in a sort of cloud of probability until measured..

Yeah that's probably more accurate

@Outer

13 hours ago, Outer said:

Yes, anecdote is not enough to prove something to someone else.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

anecdotes are enough proof to NOT discount

a believed anecdote would just be a belief until you got direct exp 

the blue tiger exists bro. you saw it. because of that fact, mainstream cience needs to be open minded to anecdotes and become legitimately scientific. 

NOT "anecdotes dont count dur dur"

THAT is logical fallacy 

leo was saying a doctor hundreds of yrs ago got kicked out of his hospital because he said that not wear gloves kills patients but all he had was an anecdote. an anecdote does NOT mean you can automatically discredit it! as mainstream science loves to do

Edited by thehero

@Outer Then that's not an issue of truth. Because that is a concrete, you are right and they are wrong. The belief has no effect on what is actually true or false

I love that theres another thread about chakras lol ? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

cool, no worries. we have different perspectives 

20 hours ago, Outer said:

No, I don't think there's any magic, everything is physical except consciousness, which can't be explained with physical processes.

haha whoa dude, so you're using something non-physical to perceive physical objects? that's the most magical thing i've ever heard.   

My homeboy said he saw a chakra driving through the hood in a drop top cadillac. He tried to take a picture but it was too blurry to be sure. He sounded pretty convincing though.