George Fil

How can a person eliminating judging when one of his core strengths is Judgement?

19 posts in this topic

Not hypothetically. I mean actually shown by results of the tests (MBIT, VIA Survey of Character Strengths, Hexaco). There are always there... thinking, judging, perspective as strengths.

How can a person utilize this so not to backfire?

Edited by George Fil

@George Fil Don't eliminate judging. Judge consciously.

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

You're not gonna give up judging.  It's who or what you think is judging that will change.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@George Fil Don't confuse judging with the judging talked about in that survey.

They are two totally different things.

The judging you want to avoid is: condemning a thing as "bad" or "evil", which carries with it a negative emotional charge. This kind of judging wishes that the "bad" thing not exist. It's basically a crusade against evil. Which is pure ego in action.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

I’ve been curious about this for a while also. In the Myers Briggs, for example, I score very high in prospecting and my wife scores very high in judging. Not surprisingly, she has a very clear idea of what she likes and doesn’t like, and she tries hard to avoid those things (I.e. dirty places, smokers, etc.). I generally like exploring and am not turned off by these kinds of things.

if I understand you correctly, her comportment wouldn’t be classified as crusader type judgement, and therefor wouldn’t necessarily deter her growth. Is that correct?

@SeanD Being too picky about what you like and dislike is will get you into judgemental territory very quickly.

The ego loves to whine and complain about all the stuff it doesn't like.

Surrendering opinions and desires is a good practice.

@Artaemis Of course, because they are enlightened.

To even start approaching enlightenment, stop judging.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Artaemis Of course, because they are enlightened.

To even start approaching enlightenment, stop judging.

You do not want to try to control your judging.  Enlightenment is not about trying to control.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor How much longer you gonna keep playing this smartass role?

Sick of it yet?

1 hour ago, see_on_see said:

"Judging consciously" might be a step forward but it's still judging, you're still caught up in illusion.

Nope. Doesn't mean you're caught up in illusion. The real illusion is the limitations you burden yourself with, such as telling yourself you can never judge.

You can do anything as long as you do it consciously.

Edited by Robert

3 hours ago, see_on_see said:

Of course the ultimate goal is to drop all judgment. "Judging consciously" might be a step forward but it's still judging, you're still caught up in illusion. Is stopping judgment trying to "control" it? Depends how you look at it. But "trying to control" to a certain extent is a good thing, without it you remain the same. Of course the real goal is to become conscious of the fundamental illusory nature of judgment and the self that is judging, and tackle the problem at the root. But a lot of judgement is simply ingrained thought patterns (from culture and life experience) that you got used to over years or decades, that you then gotta change through conscious effort and will power, like with any other habits, and through understanding, which again requires conscious effort over years and decades.

It's incredibly hard to do. Might be a lifetime's work. And that's fine, after all we might be here for this very purpose. 

A great way to notice how much you judge is to be around your parents a lot ;) But also being around in the world and interacting with it a lot. Also take some psychedelics and you'll be able to look at it directly in a very powerful way. 

‘Your ultimate goal is to drop all judgment’?  That’s not Enlightenment.  Stop thinking Enlightenment is a goal to be achieved.  Enlightenment is right now.  You’re not going to force Enlightenment on yourself through control.  That will take you 500 miles in the opposite direction from Enlightenment.  You gotta transcend the Paradigm of Control for Enlightenment.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@see_on_see Wrong again.

You can judge and know exactly who/what you are. This is a part of doing it consciously. Practice it sometime.

On 7/25/2018 at 2:47 PM, George Fil said:

Not hypothetically. I mean actually shown by results of the tests (MBIT, VIA Survey of Character Strengths, Hexaco). There are always there... thinking, judging, perspective as strengths.

How can a person utilize this so not to backfire?

The key here is to distinguish between judgment and discernment. Judging is not necessary, but discernment DEFINITELY is. 

Judgement is all about determining the validity of something. And because everything is valid, it only gets in the way. So, when we condemn something or say that something shouldn't exist, we are judging.

But with discernment, we are just trying to call a spade a spade in a way that the human intellect can grasp and that can be communicated to others. This is very important to be able to be able to call a spade a spade for practical functioning, otherwise we leave ourselves open to making bad decisions. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

19 minutes ago, Emerald said:

...But with discernment, we are just trying to call a spade a spade in a way that the human intellect can grasp and that can be communicated to others. This is very important to be able to be able to call a spade a spade for practical functioning, otherwise we leave ourselves open to making bad decisions. 

@Emerald I consciously judge the manipulative marketing manager b$tch and her actions to brainwash the employees. Considering many in the company agree with me it is a spade for spade right?

I understand the Capitalist system gave birth to these people (Systemically) but I consciously do not care since it is out of my actions field change them.

So maybe i can utilize my judgement by avoiding such companies in the future be more true to myself. Or maybe to judge if there is room in the market for new ideas, business opportunities and so on.

4 minutes ago, George Fil said:

@Emerald I consciously judge the manipulative marketing manager b$tch and her actions to brainwash the employees. Considering many in the company agree with me it is a spade for spade right?

I understand the Capitalist system gave birth to these people (Systemically) but I consciously do not care since it is out of my actions field change them.

So maybe i can utilize my judgement by avoiding such companies in the future be more true to myself. Or maybe to judge if there is room in the market for new ideas, business opportunities and so on.

You're mixing together judgment and discernment. 

Judgment is attached and wants to invalidate and demonize your manager for being manipulative and brainwashing people.

But discernment is detached and will just tell you that she's being manipulative and trying to brainwash the employees. If it's a fact, it's a fact. That's calling a spade a space.

Calling her the manipulative manager bitch and hating on her and invalidating her existence, shows that you are perceiving things with the distortion of attachment to the way things SHOULD be. So, your judgment will keep you from perceiving what's true. This is why judgment creates a barrier to Truth. 

But it is fine to recognize what she's doing as something you don't want to be involved with. This is necessary for being able to make decisions. But you don't need to demonize her to make better decisions. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

24 minutes ago, George Fil said:

If she's super toxic, you might want to start getting your feelers out for another job.  Some people just are toxic, and you can get away from them with the right strategy in hand.  But realize too that you're creating a lot of your own misery by being triggered so much.  That's what Enlightenment should help you with.  But don't think that just because you're Enlightened, that you need to suffer toxic people.  No.  You can strategically place yourself in a healthier ecosystem.  Or you can slowly create your own ecosystem over the long-term by starting your business on the side. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor