Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Santhiphap

Brain sensations dangerous?

4 posts in this topic

Once again I am seeking some advice from you guys.

Lately I get a very strong sensation in my head/the whole brain area. 

I am wondering if I do my meditation practice wrong and if this might be dangerous, although I feel quiet certain that I am doing it right, using intuition and just letting go of everything. I am not forcing anything. 

My meditation consist of letting go of everything. Letting go of all interpretations of any sensations that are happening. When I am doing this I am quickly sinking deep, very close to "nothingness".

The sensation I am worried about is first feeling like if I was wearing a hat the whole day and took it off but it still feels like I am wearing it. Another description might be that it feels almost tingly but it doesnt tingle. Or like a white noise, or pressure, or weight. Its really hard to describe so I am hoping someone can relate.

The more I stop thinking and interpreting things the stronger the sensation feels. It feels as if something is pulling on my brain, and then going deeper it feels like its going to explode or collapse. This is probably in correlation with my ego or reality collapsing because there is almost nothing left to hold on to.

Of course, existencial fear is coming up in those situations and keeping me from finally letting go. I have had those close to nothingness situations many times now and I am almost getting used to the existencial fear thats coming up. But these head sensations are new and I am worried that I could seriously harm my brain by further letting go.

I have never studied anything about chakras/kundalini/energy work and I dont intent to do so. My goal is awakening/disintentification of the ego, finding the true self, nothing and everything without "wasting" time with any mystical stuff or deluding myself with beliefs.

And I guess someone is gonna say that this is just another sensation to let go of and stop interpreting it. "But Leooooo", this feels like I am gonna break my whole psyche and I dont want that. I just want that little tiny shift in perspective from dual to nondual :D

Jokes aside, I have read stuff about people who suffer from serious mental illnesses/psychiatric disorders after doing long term mediation/energy practices. That worries me.

I write advice not to convert you to my "truth" but for you in hope that something resonates and you are able to further develop your own "truth"

I also feel sensations, sometimes in the back of my head, sometimes in my heart, sometimes between the eyebrows. I felt once when doing the wim hof method like my head exploded.

this shit happens, any ideas you have about it are just ideas.

33 minutes ago, Santhiphap said:

I have never studied anything about chakras/kundalini/energy work and I dont intent to do so. My goal is awakening/disintentification of the ego, finding the true self, nothing and everything without "wasting" time with any mystical stuff or deluding myself with beliefs.

if you dont want to distract yourself with beliefs, what the fuck is that "im gonna break my psyche because of some sensations in my head" belief? see your hypocrisy?

Either study kundalini stuff or shut up and let go of the need to interpret those sensations.

The whole chakras thing is just a useful model, you dont have to believe anything. it might help you achieve your goals of disidentification with the ego, or at least calm you about the speculations you run in your head about any sensations you have.

33 minutes ago, Santhiphap said:

Jokes aside, I have read stuff about people who suffer from serious mental illnesses/psychiatric disorders after doing long term mediation/energy practices. That worries me.

Rare, rare, rare... its like dying when flying on an airplane. will you not fly it if you have a chance of dying?

edit: ill give you an analogy for the use of the chakra system. say you want to build an airplane, would you study aerodynamics, physics, and all that stuff? of course, even though its just beliefs, there's no such thing as a "force" or "vectors" or whatever, but its helpful in order to build an airplane. You could build an airplane without all that knowledge but would you try flying it, not knowing whether it would crash? or at least knowing what's the probability of crushing? wouldnt you feel more secure if you knew that on some level it should stay in the air?

Edited by Viking

@Viking eloquently worded, thanks for doing what I struggle (but I’m cool with) with....lol.

I’d like a refund on that English major.

Tearing down that shoddily-built mental construct of self is not ez, but pretty damn worth the effort.

Edited by DesertRat

@Viking 

28 minutes ago, Viking said:

if you dont want to distract yourself with beliefs, what the fuck is that "im gonna break my psyche because of some sensations in my head" belief? see your hypocrisy?

Yes. I see what you mean and I am having a real hard time answering right now. I want to argue but the more I think about it the more I agree with you. And I feel relief from my belief that those sensations are dangerous. Although I still think its worth being cautious.

Thanks for your words. I'll let this sink in for a while.

I write advice not to convert you to my "truth" but for you in hope that something resonates and you are able to further develop your own "truth"